Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1222
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author

What is your favourite Matrix Close Combat game?
Close Combat: Cross of Iron
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Close Combat: Modern Tactics
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Close Combat: Wacht am Rhein
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Close Combat: The Longest Day
23%
 23%  [ 4 ]
Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem
29%
 29%  [ 5 ]
Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
Close Combat: Gateway to Caen
23%
 23%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 17

CloseCombatRob

Rep: 6.3
votes: 1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:21 am Post subject: Poll: What is your favourite Matrix Close Combat game? Reply with quote

Continuation from the last thread, vote for your favourite matrix Close Combat game, I couldn't put them all into one thread because there is a limit to the poll options

I can't really choose myself as I only own a few, I would like to get more but they are a little to pricey, here is a ranking of the few I do own from favourite to least favourite as on the previous poll:

1: Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem: The balance between tanks and infantry was good, the maps had a good variety too, and this is the only game of the matrix ones I own where the campaign kept me hooked, it had the best strategic map too in my opinion. I liked the fact you could mix 2 battle groups together which matrix said they wont add again because its "too complicated". the biggest problem with this and the next 2 games are the AI, they seem to just sit at the spawn even when they are supposed to attack, similar to CC5, i just wish matrix looked at the older games instead of basing there AI on CC5, but out of the matrix games this remains my favourite as I got more enjoyment from this than PITF/GWTC
2: Close Combat GWTC/PITF: I can't decide which comes higher, PITF is better when it comes to maps as it has a better variety of urban and rural maps, where as GWTC was mostly rural, but GWTC had a better balance between tanks and infantry where as PITF relied on tanks more. Other than that they are very similar, the improved graphics are a nice little touch but it's not a big enough improvement to make this better than the previous titles. I can't choose which is better than the other though as they are pretty equal to me, where one excels, the other game excels in another way.

Feel free to just vote or comment what game you enjoyed most and maybe explain why too. And maybe have a rank like me or list your least favourite CC too.

Last edited by CloseCombatRob on Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:35 pm; edited 15 times in total

sod98

Rep: 11.6
votes: 5

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:39 am Post subject: Re: Poll: What is your favourite Matrix Close Combat game? Reply with quote

Longest Day - best all round game for me. Once again, cheers.

vobbnobb

Rep: 73
votes: 6

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:01 pm Post subject: Re: Poll: What is your favourite Matrix Close Combat game? Reply with quote

This was  hard since each keep updating and each has it's own characteristic.  Longest Day as well, but  LSA 56.60.53b sure looks a plays beautiful.

My WW2 CC Series TimeLine
http://tinyurl.com/n2vrec5

CloseCombatRob

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:26 pm Post subject: Re: Poll: What is your favourite Matrix Close Combat game? Reply with quote

Little question, are the "remakes" worth getting if you have the original games? I have all 5 of the originals as they are pretty much abandonware now which you can download on CSO, it's just a little steep price for something that simply looks like the same game with a few data changes and extra maps added from existing mods

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:59 am Post subject: Re: Poll: What is your favourite Matrix Close Combat game? Reply with quote

All the remakes have some new features (along with bug fixes) and not just data/graphics but there has been many debates/discussions if there are enough changes to justify the cost. Some is better than none and you can always wait for a sale buying whichever version it is....

CloseCombatRob

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:57 am Post subject: Re: Poll: What is your favourite Matrix Close Combat game? Reply with quote

Still the point being is modders like yourself have made just as much if not more new content for free, matrix charging $50 for a modded version of a decade and a half old game is not exactly helping the series, they know only people really nostalgic for cc will buy it hence the high price, heck even $20 would be on the lines of pushing it in my opinion, atleast LSA/PITF/GWTC were somewhat original games, it seems that is there business model, buy out old games, mod them a bit and charge big bucks with the lack of any major innovation. But I see it as them asking for people to pirate the games, which i'll admit to doing as theres no way i'm paying triple a title money on what seems like a cash in on a great franchise by atomic.

bobbielidl

Rep: 4.1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:13 am Post subject: Re: Poll: What is your favourite Matrix Close Combat game? Reply with quote

agree the new games are overpriced than starbucks coffee

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:59 am Post subject: Re: Poll: What is your favourite Matrix Close Combat game? Reply with quote

They are charging a lot for the number of changes but they are making changes that mod makers can not. You need to decide what your willing to pay for those code changes then wait for a sale.

If you are a fan of CC hopefully you will wait rather than pirate the game because if too many pirate the game there will be no more CC games.....

dj

Rep: 157.5
votes: 9

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:08 am Post subject: Re: Poll: What is your favourite Matrix Close Combat game? Reply with quote

Errrr... LSA is the WORST.  Not very impressed with any of the rewrites.  PiTF and GTC are better but maps are still way too huge, AI is a like shooting fish in a barrel.  Still prefer the old school Atomic series especially CC2 and CC3.  Beginning with CC5 everything went downhill fast.

CloseCombatRob

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:17 am Post subject: Re: Poll: What is your favourite Matrix Close Combat game? Reply with quote

I am a massive fan of CC I have been playing since CC2 was relatively new and still play the games and mods now. I am just not the biggest fan of how the CC series is handled currently. I just hope the bloody first is a good job as that is something I would pay them full price for.

CloseCombatRob

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:24 am Post subject: Re: Poll: What is your favourite Matrix Close Combat game? Reply with quote

@dj I agree the ai is bad in all, LSA was more fun than the later 2 in my opinion because of its variety and content in comparison to the newer titles, without patches the ai was very bad, but with the latest patch the AI seems to be a little better than the later 2 games, GWTC I only found fun with the small map mod as it helped the ai, shame the other games havent got something similar. I wish they kept the flee button from early cc games though as sometimes you are left waiting what feels like ages for the innevitible defeat in some situations, I think it was in all CC games upto CC5? not sure why they got rid of that Razz

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess

Jump to: