Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
tungstun

Rep: 4

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:39 pm Post subject: watching the google multiplay matchers . tik Reply with quote

hi im hoping to get into a couple off multiplayer games at the moment i carnt .
couple off things ive noticed .
cc is a historically correct game , hence as said the germans equipment armour tends to be better
troops tend to improve if you can keep them alive they fight better , the following game or when their next reused
and they tend to tire out you carnt just constantly move troops fast , ie were representing a actual bloke running with full kit over perhaps rough terrain , b even contantly moving them / walking can  get individual squad members winded/
themaps tend to represent the area the battles were fought over , going through hedgerows can disable tanks because the hedgerows in normandy were massive , but moving a tank on crawl tends to work better at bursting through /
theirs a game were tik says whats he doing the tank / it twisted its way through aa stone wall i guess the tank driver was as such demolising the wall before driving over it so he dident get stuck on it ?
and i guess to win over all one has to fight over open ground to the next  village etc , im still a little rusty aas ive not played cc for a while .
i guess if one wants particulaqr maps their used to be a battle generator so i guess maps could be made to suit ???  
and if tik and otheirs manage to as such get a group off multi players going then , games can be picked to play using dice a d10 can represent 10 players and a d30 can represent 30 games , so if my player number was 5 the d5 plays d8 on d17 map , i guess it wouldent be too difficult to sort something out along those lines ??/
sorry for the long post all and hope to get back on for a couple off games with you all  Smile
Smile

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:10 am Post subject: Re: watching the google multiplay matchers . tik Reply with quote

Stone walls like small hedges (and sometime large depending on the game/mod, can be driven over with a risk of becoming stuck.

CC3/COI allowed for individual maps to be added to the map directory then battles can be created using the new maps with the editor. A point system is used along with historical availability for the time period to limit what players can use.

While CC4/5 and WAR/TLD/LSA/etc. have a strategic layer and only maps used within the strategic layer can have battles created for them in the editor (if they do not already exist). Historical availability for a BG at the time of the battle depicted is used to limit what players can use. The Matrix releases WAR/TLD display the point value but do not enforce it while LSA has a full point system with enforcement as an option.

Edit: all the above games support operations in addition to single battles which allows for some of the experience, fatigue and the quantity of troops/vehicles to come into play while taking much less time than a full campaign.

vobbnobb

Rep: 73
votes: 6

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:24 am Post subject: Re: watching the google multiplay matchers . tik Reply with quote

WUT .

My WW2 CC Series TimeLine
http://tinyurl.com/n2vrec5

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Modding Workshop -> Art of Combat

Jump to: