Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Author
southern_land

Rep: 155.2
votes: 14

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:53 am Post subject: tLD strat map Reply with quote

has anyone got a link to the Longest Day strat map?  

Working on a new mod concept (Stalingrad relief) and wondering about recolouring the strat background and adding new maps

Stalingrad would be the 10 maps at top of the strat map, the German relief columns would start from the bottom three maps and the Russian's would have entry points both sides of the German advance

We could use a bunch of data/graphics/maps from der Kessel plus other winter maps

mick_xe5

Rep: 19.4
votes: 5

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:50 pm Post subject: Re: tLD strat map link Reply with quote

TLD Strat Map

southern_land

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:57 pm Post subject: Re: tLD strat map Reply with quote

Cool thanks for that

southern_land

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:14 am Post subject: Re: tLD strat map Reply with quote

so this is my thoughts (rough)... comments?

Stalingrad relief strat copy.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  187.04 KB
 Viewed:  16338 Time(s)

crewman

Rep: 17.8
votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:51 am Post subject: Re: tLD strat map Reply with quote

cool idea, but in my opinion the TLD Strat map is lacking due to its shape.

6x6 shape and other combos up to 8x8 would be much better.
GJS is a good example of this.

mick_xe5

Rep: 19.4
votes: 5

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:16 pm Post subject: Re: tLD strat map Reply with quote

Agree. The TLD strat map is set up for left-right movement and doesnt really align with your operational underlay other than being generally longitudinal.  I'd go with a new design (4x16ish?) and new gadgets to match. The StraMapArea and StraArrow gadgets are the hard part so you'd need to find a competent grfx artiste;| The rest is simple black magic in Mafi's BED9.

DAK_Legion

Rep: 86.3
votes: 20

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:23 pm Post subject: Re: tLD strat map Reply with quote

Good idea comrade;)

heia Safari!!

crewman

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:34 am Post subject: Re: tLD strat map Reply with quote

use this map concept (or rotate it once clockwise), then the entire operation could be portrayed. Would require new strat map and new maps, and probably a team effort.

German relief units attack, while German Stalingrad units defend or attempt breakout ... and simultaneously, Russian units attempt to overrun air supply bases and flank relief forces. Not sure if LSA air supply feature works, but would be interesting to have Air Supply to German units inside Stalingrad and chance for Russian units to cut it off by capturing air base maps.

gfhnmjjm.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  519.26 KB
 Viewed:  16292 Time(s)

gfhnmjjm.jpg

Uberdave

Rep: 26.9

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:33 am Post subject: Re: tLD strat map Reply with quote

Cool idea, but hasnt this already been covered in other mods?

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:08 am Post subject: Re: tLD strat map Reply with quote

The relief effort hasn't been done yet....

southern_land

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:29 am Post subject: Re: tLD strat map Reply with quote

I like the idea of the relief mod (either Stalingrad or Korsun) as it gives the attackers a different goal.  Even if they run out of resources by that stage (actually thats the purpose) so long as they can relieve the pocket they can fold back on themselves.

the virtue of the long skinny strat map is as follows, look for the Soviet entry locations - red ovals... not only do the Germans have to reach and relieve the pocket, they have to protect their flanks from respawning Sov units

Description:
 Filesize:  472.03 KB
 Viewed:  16254 Time(s)

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:09 pm Post subject: Re: tLD strat map Reply with quote

If you go with that depot setup, German supply would be cut to the North at depots 42, 43, 45 and 22. Russians would not even have to try to cut supplies, they would just spawn on the cut off points.

IIRC, armoured/mech units in TLD cannot move if out of fuel?

Drizzt

Rep: 121
votes: 9

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 1:28 am Post subject: Re: tLD strat map Reply with quote

Hi Southernland,

Great idea about this mod. I like it. I want to advice you that I think it's impossible to create more than 64 maps (I can read map n. 65 in the picture) and they must be numbered from 0 to 63.

About Mooxe suggestions, I want to underline that in TLD small supply depots work perfectly (in CC5 they don't work), so, with a wise german small supply depots disposal, I don't see real problems about your stratmap idea. Anyway all it depends from what you think about the german advance (germans can/must be cut-off for long periods during the campaign?)

I wish you good work for the mod.

Drizzt

Uberdave

Rep: 26.9

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 8:02 am Post subject: Re: tLD strat map Reply with quote

Im wrong, you guys are right....Relief effort not covered in mods.  I was thinking it was covered by one of the Der Kessel products.

southern_land

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 8:13 am Post subject: Re: tLD strat map Reply with quote

maybe something more like this

Winter storm map.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  476.54 KB
 Viewed:  16124 Time(s)

Winter storm map.jpg

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 9:21 am Post subject: Re: tLD strat map Reply with quote

Yeah a wider approach is definitely better.

A 64 map GC works in TLD as your attack over a wide front into shallow territory. You get the option of playing most maps. As long as every BG advances one or two maps you play the majority, or at the very least the unplayed maps do factor into your strategy as they are so close. On a narrower front but deeper stratmap a player may never get to the final maps and they may never influence the campaign. The GC could be decided quite some time before reaching them and the game given up.

crewman

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 11:46 pm Post subject: Re: tLD strat map Reply with quote

wow, that is a good concept strat.
Would you rotate it so most battles are played horizontally?
And hv you thought of LSA platform?

Are you thinking of making historical maps?
I think the best concept for cc maps is to use historical maps and/or with google earth ... then reduce the scale so more features are within the map area ... and then lastly, redo roads and buildings to the larger cc scale.
Is that the way you made pitf maps? I also prefer the scale of cc before pitf, and map sizes similar to GJS.
Looks like potential for a really great mod, especially if Germans are also fighting in Stalingrad with option to attempt breakout.

crewman

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 12:05 am Post subject: Re: tLD strat map Reply with quote

there could be a single German supply depot map in centre of Stalingrad maps that could simulate air supply to German units in Stalingrad. Red army would fight to capture it and cut supply to 6th Army ... as well as contain any breakout attempts to link up with the relief forces.

crewman

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 5:49 am Post subject: Re: tLD strat map Reply with quote

I believe the beginning stage of the German campaign saw a lot of ground gained in first day or two, until stronger red army units arrived and slowed the advance ... and finally stopped it.
Therefore, some of the first layers of maps could resemble this ... by having German BG's push through weaker red army Static and/or mobile BG's ... while other strong red army BG's advance towards the Germans to establish a more steady front line

crewman

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 9:41 pm Post subject: Re: tLD strat map Reply with quote

from looking at some maps ... it seems the bottom ten maps are further south than the German start point of the operation. Instead of maps in the far south, maybe there could be more maps in middle section and/or more detail of fighting around Stalingrad?

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Modding Workshop
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Jump to: