Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Author
vobbnobb

Rep: 73
votes: 6

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:44 am Post subject: Weird soldier punch surendered tanker Reply with quote

I was playing allies on cc4 today and has immobilized a stug facing away from my garand team the team could not destroy it after repeated attempts I called up a bazooka team and they kept missing, his assistant fired HEAT garand rounds and it missed to,o so I  moved my garand team to another house beyond the stug then there was an explosion that I think got one of the garand team members near the stug. The stug crew bailed and surrendered and stood by the tank without moving then as the garand team moved by fast I heard a punch. (as you hear when soldiers fighting in houses) They punched one of the axis tank crew that had surrendered as they ran past the tank, this was on cc4 and I have NEVER seen that one before.

My WW2 CC Series TimeLine
http://tinyurl.com/n2vrec5

ke_mechial

Rep: 89.1
votes: 2

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:47 pm Post subject: Re: Weird soldier punch surendered tanker Reply with quote

vobbnobb wrote (View Post):
I was playing allies on cc4 today and has immobilized a stug facing away from my garand team the team could not destroy it after repeated attempts I called up a bazooka team and they kept missing, his assistant fired HEAT garand rounds and it missed to,o so I  moved my garand team to another house beyond the stug then there was an explosion that I think got one of the garand team members near the stug. The stug crew bailed and surrendered and stood by the tank without moving then as the garand team moved by fast I heard a punch. (as you hear when soldiers fighting in houses) They punched one of the axis tank crew that had surrendered as they ran past the tank, this was on cc4 and I have NEVER seen that one before.

Once I had seen that a surrendered soldier got killed, but that is completely new to me  Very Happy

vobbnobb

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:53 pm Post subject: Re: Weird soldier punch surendered tanker Reply with quote

ke_mechial wrote (View Post):

Once I had seen that a surrendered soldier got killed, but that is completely new to me  Very Happy

I too have seen anger from soldiers who have witnessed enemy killing their team mates and want revenge. Can you tell what happened?

platoon_michael

Rep: 47.6
votes: 25

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:39 pm Post subject: Re: Weird soldier punch surendered tanker Reply with quote

I find this Hard to Believe.

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:42 pm Post subject: Re: Weird soldier punch surendered tanker Reply with quote

The AI Doesn't Attack surrendered Soldiers.

Unless you Target them ,They Walk Off the screen

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:47 pm Post subject: Re: Weird soldier punch surendered tanker Reply with quote

What you saw had to be the results of those two teams fighting on the map.
Regardless of who was there.

Pete

Rep: 118.1
votes: 12

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:16 am Post subject: Re: Weird soldier punch surendered tanker Reply with quote

Seen that more than once. It happens just like soldiers can get killed by friendly fire but the thing with surrendering soldiers is that the unit that is firing on them seems to get the information about them surrendering just a bit too late.

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis
(War is delightful to those who have no experience of it.)
Our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/buckandpete/
Our website: https://themodsection.net/

vobbnobb

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:30 pm Post subject: Re: Weird soldier punch surendered tanker Reply with quote

platoon_michael wrote (View Post):
The AI Doesn't Attack surrendered Soldiers.

Unless you Target them ,They Walk Off the screen

You sir are a moron...

The ai did it for me in the game

vobbnobb

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:53 pm Post subject: Re: Weird soldier punch surendered tanker Reply with quote

Pete wrote (View Post):

Seen that more than once. It happens just like soldiers can get killed by friendly fire but the thing with surrendering soldiers is that the unit that is firing on them seems to get the information about them surrendering just a bit too late.

What you are seeing is the hidden close combat aspect of the game of soldiers acting like real men. No. It is not a matter of the soldier getting information late.  I have seen an angry soldier in the past kill an mg-42 gunner who killed a lot of people and that was when he was leaving the building up to 5 seconds later and had turned white on icon screen.

This was the first punch, knife jab, buttstock hit /  kick whatever I have seen and heard. None of my other soldiers were near an enemy. except that rushing unit that ran by that tank in a move fast command.

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:17 pm Post subject: Re: Weird soldier punch surendered tanker Reply with quote

Jeesh Sad

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:19 pm Post subject: Re: Weird soldier punch surendered tanker Reply with quote

I only offered the correct response to your game.

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:22 pm Post subject: Re: Weird soldier punch surendered tanker Reply with quote

I.E.
If those two teams were in VERY Close Proximity then Yes they would continue to Fight.

If they weren't then NO they wouldn't fight...Those who surrendered would walk off the Field

DUMB ASS!

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:25 pm Post subject: Re: Weird soldier punch surendered tanker Reply with quote

platoon_michael wrote (View Post):
I.E.
If those two teams were in VERY Close Proximity then Yes they would continue to Fight.

If they weren't then NO they wouldn't fight...Those who surrendered would walk off the Field

FUCKING DUMB ASS!

vobbnobb

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:44 pm Post subject: Re: Weird soldier punch surendered tanker Reply with quote

A. You are offering the incorrect fact out of assumption.
B. You think ai doesn't target surrendered soldiers, but they do as I have witnessed in cc4 4.02 and IT IS purely ai. It doesn't have anything to do with walking off the field if ai is pissed enough near surrendered enemy who has killed many of their friends, they will apparently throw punches (The reason I started this thread) or as others have stated try to take them out even when surrendered.

Antony_nz

Rep: 83.9

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:16 am Post subject: Re: Weird soldier punch surendered tanker Reply with quote

I love these discussions. Not the disagreement but what seems to be hidden or rare game features.
I think Close Combat has a lot of very rare moments like this, and its what i love about the game. I'm pretty sure CC4 has the most little things like this...

I reckon i have seen what vobbnobb is describing before.
I don't know if its intentional or not, but i have said before that all you need is a little bit of imagination and Close Combat battlefields become incredibly real!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

vobbnobb

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:00 pm Post subject: Re: Weird soldier punch surendered tanker Reply with quote

Antony_nz wrote (View Post):

I don't know if its intentional or not, but i have said before that all you need is a little bit of imagination and Close Combat battlefields become incredibly real!

No imagination, just good eyes and ears that everyone has, ai does the rest.......

vobbnobb

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:30 pm Post subject: Re: Weird soldier punch surendered tanker Reply with quote

Sorry for being like that platoon, I used to think that some were bugs, no way after the stuff I have seen. I believe the AI goes deeper than we think. It seems to be heresy if it is discussed here for some reason. You have to play the heck out of it and sometimes even recording to catch some of these unique events. They are not mentioned in the manual but are there in the game for whatever reasons and could be why the game is called what it is.

mooxe

Rep: 221.1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:57 pm Post subject: Re: Weird soldier punch surendered tanker Reply with quote

Never seen it. Anger is not a soldier characteristic and reprisals are certainly not part of the game. Its definitely not normal behavior to engage in hand to hand combat against a surrendered soldier. I have seen surrendered soldiers killed by indirect fire, never direct fire.

You heard the punch but did not mention if you seen any change in the soldiers state. Usually hand to hand lasts until someone dies or everyone goes prone due to incoming fire or blast effects, neither of which seem to have happened here. Did all the crew surrender, or was there a guy under the tank panicked?

I wouldn't consider it heresy. There is just a very logical explanation for everything that happens in this game. Its highly unlikely the answer anger/reprisal. Either way, without a video or screenshot its impossible to find out exactly what happened.

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:58 pm Post subject: Re: Weird soldier punch surendered tanker Reply with quote

Sorry for being like that platoon, I used to think that some were bugs, no way after the stuff I have seen. I believe the AI goes deeper than we think. It seems to be heresy if it is discussed here for some reason. You have to play the heck out of it and sometimes even recording to catch some of these unique events. They are not mentioned in the manual but are there in the game for whatever reasons and could be why the game is called what it is.

Ahhh Yes,
The Game is Deeper than we think,hence the reason we cant get a better NEW game because ahh well....Its already too Good?
Or is it already too Deep?

I would ASS-U-ME (spelled as the pun intended)You would Have to be watching the Axis Soldier pane window to truly know what state said Axis Tank Member was in to know weather or not what you heard was indeed a Kill my your team.

Maybe they all didnt surrender?
The graphic on the Strategic Screen doesn't always match exactly what the Soldier Window pane says.

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:05 pm Post subject: Re: Weird soldier punch surendered tanker Reply with quote

A way to have followed your suspicions up would have been to look at the Soldier Screen AFTER the battle to see if they all Surrendered or was 1 Killed.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Jump to: