Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:28 pm Post subject: Evident Bugs in CC5 Reply with quote

After played CC5 on two back to back PCs some of the bugs we have discovered over the years become very apparent. There are handful of them which were/are serious enough to justify the old CC5 hosting rule we started using... The attacker hosts. Since attacking generally puts you at a disadvantage, these bugs in general created a bigger disadvantage, so its offset by making the defender the client.

- On host side. Opponent drives over fence leaving it crushed in three places. Client side shows nothing crushed.

- On host side. Opponents troops shown kneeling trenches. Client side shows prone.

- On host side. Wrecks strewn across battlefield blocking LOS. Client side shows its own set of wrecks blocking LOS. LOS is not blocked for either opponent from the opponents wrecks. The same bug showed for craters.

There's more that I have forgotten. I think many of them have been fixed in the re-releases.

vobbnobb

Rep: 73
votes: 6

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:59 pm Post subject: Re: Evident Bugs in CC5 Reply with quote

do both pcs have 5.0 or does one have 5.01a?

Right click the exe properties > details

My WW2 CC Series TimeLine
http://tinyurl.com/n2vrec5

mooxe

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:10 pm Post subject: Re: Evident Bugs in CC5 Reply with quote

Client side not showing trenches in the same orientation as host side.

Client side not showing soldier posture (prone, standing etc) the same as host side.

Yes 5.01 is installed. It did not fix anything like this.

vobbnobb

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:44 pm Post subject: Re: Evident Bugs in CC5 Reply with quote

Since 5.0 is the earliest version for cc5, try both games with 5.0 then?

Don't know if this will help:

E) WINDOWS NT AND WINDOWS 2000

It is recommended that you do not try playing Close Combat: Invasion Normandy on any
version of Windows NT.

You can play Close Combat: Invasion Normandy using any version of Windows 2000 but you
may encounter problems. Since Close Combat: Invasion Normandy is not specifically
designed to be used with Windows 2000

F) HEAD TO HEAD

It is recommended that you be connected to your Internet Service Provider before playing
a multi-player game over the Internet.

If you are playing behind a firewall or proxy server, the ports 47624, and the range
2300-2400 must be open for both inbound and outbound TCP and UDP traffic.

The host machine determines the game speed.

When playing Close Combat: Invasion Normandy, it is preferable to be on the same DirectX
version.  If you need to get another version of DirectX, go to www.microsoft.com/directx
in order to download new DirectX versions.

Once a connection method has been chosen, you cannot change the connection method until
you go back to the main screen and reenter the multiplayer screen.

H) KNOWN ISSUES

1) We strongly suggest that you do not run any other applications when playing Close
Combat.
2) Clicking both mouse buttons while the cursor is over a button or menu item may
cause that button or menu item to remain highlighted, disabling all other buttons and
menu items. To rectify this situation, click the right mouse button.
3) If you ALT+TAB out of the game, you may experience errors. We strongly suggest you
do not ALT+TAB out of the game.

mooxe

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:59 pm Post subject: Re: Evident Bugs in CC5 Reply with quote

Vobb these are known issues since CC5 came out. I am just pointing them out as they are much more noticeable when you can see both sides at the same time.

mooxe

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:31 am Post subject: Re: Evident Bugs in CC5 Reply with quote

mooxe wrote (View Post):

- On host side. Opponent drives over fence leaving it crushed in three places. Client side shows nothing crushed.

After testing in TLD it was indeed fixed. Steve reported this fix years ago IIRC.

mikwarleo

Rep: 38.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:20 am Post subject: Re: Evident Bugs in CC5 Reply with quote

Is there an updated version of CC5 anywhere with fixes that would still work with old mods?

20min games | Replace Commander | Disband Rule | CC5 Strat Guide

mooxe

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:47 am Post subject: Re: Evident Bugs in CC5 Reply with quote

Nope.

WilliamTheSilent

Rep: 29.4

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:56 pm Post subject: Re: Evident Bugs in CC5 Reply with quote

Does anyone use the explosion mod on CC5?

Since I put it on "der Kessel" I cannot uninstall the "der Kessel" mod anymore in CfgV13 in order to switch to another one.

ScnelleMeyer

Rep: 190.3
votes: 18

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:24 pm Post subject: Re: Evident Bugs in CC5 Reply with quote

You probably have to uninstall the explosion mod first, then uninstall the Kessel mod.

vobbnobb

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:56 pm Post subject: Re: Evident Bugs in CC5 Reply with quote

SSi's latest version of cc5 was 5.01

Matrix version of cc5 5.50.14b (not to be confused with TLD ) has updated ai, fixed maps etc. You get it automatically for free when you buy the game The Longest Day. 2 games in 1.

mooxe

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:04 pm Post subject: Re: Evident Bugs in CC5 Reply with quote

The changes listed in the whatsnew.pdf file of 55014b list no updates to CC5.

IIRC, when TLD was released there was also no indication CC5 was patched, it was just an added freebie.

Either Steve @ Matrix or your own testing can confirm this.

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:45 pm Post subject: Re: Evident Bugs in CC5 Reply with quote

The Classic CC5 included with TLD uses the TLD.exe so should have all fixes. It really was the 1st mod for TLD....

WilliamTheSilent

Rep: 29.4

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:19 pm Post subject: Re: Evident Bugs in CC5 Reply with quote

ScnelleMeyer wrote (View Post):
You probably have to uninstall the explosion mod first, then uninstall the Kessel mod.

I did that first. After that uninstall is impossible due to missing exe.file(?)

vobbnobb

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:57 pm Post subject: Re: Evident Bugs in CC5 Reply with quote

Tejszd wrote (View Post):
The Classic CC5 included with TLD uses the TLD.exe so should have all fixes. It really was the 1st mod for TLD....

Knew it did, I think I asked steve over at matrix this awhile ago.

__Creeper__

Rep: 54.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:53 pm Post subject: Re: Evident Bugs in CC5 Reply with quote

Don't forget that the client does not see muzzle flashes, nor if I remember correctly do they see shreck/zook back blasts.  Very severe disadvantage all around. Much worse I think than not seeing terrain changes.

So I just bought the GoG version. Do I have the fixes or no ?  And can I use Qclone editor on the Newer fixed version of the game?

Hicks

Rep: 31.6
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:02 pm Post subject: Re: Evident Bugs in CC5 Reply with quote

__Creeper__ wrote (View Post):
Don't forget that the client does not see muzzle flashes, nor if I remember correctly do they see shreck/zook back blasts.  Very severe disadvantage all around. Much worse I think than not seeing terrain changes.

So I just bought the GoG version. Do I have the fixes or no ?  And can I use Qclone editor on the Newer fixed version of the game?

Qclone works on the .adb files.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

Jump to: