Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
ZAPPI4

Rep: 33.3
votes: 2

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:18 pm Post subject: Waiting on the frontilne Reply with quote

Hi all,

I'm back in the buisness.
Waiting on Game ranger aka AT_ZAPPI
Feel free to contact me on game ranger.

PS: Reg 5.01 or GJS 44

Tout est possible ... il faut juste connaitre quand.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

User_Error

Rep: 0.3

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:11 am Post subject: Re: Waiting on the frontilne Reply with quote

i'm up for it as long as ping is okay, got 5.01. never done gr before so tell me how to set it up. will try in evening of 15th (2nite)
tally ho

ZAPPI4

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:04 pm Post subject: Re: Waiting on the frontilne Reply with quote

https://www.gameranger.com/

Download the client, install it by default.
You have to create an new account on gameranger.
Follow all info while installing...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

User_Error

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:58 pm Post subject: Re: Waiting on the frontilne Reply with quote

yup, did all that at first, I should have explained that I don't actually know how to join a game via GR. I've been on and seen MOOXE, but it was locked + it had zero ping anyway so probably would have crashed.

Do i need to enter my ip addy and enter the GR url in the multiplayer part of CC first before opening GR ? Couldn't find any ' how to' notes on GR

ZAPPI4

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:04 pm Post subject: Re: Waiting on the frontilne Reply with quote

Once you are on Game ranger set the bar on upper mid of window on " My Games".

If any room for your games are opened they will appears.
You can  join room by double click on it or contact hoster if room are locked. ( Right click).

About the ping well all depends it maybe playable, you have to test to see.

Game ranger will launch automaticly the game once hoster click on launch into the game room.
You dont need to set CC.

User_Error

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:25 pm Post subject: Re: Waiting on the frontilne Reply with quote

nice, thanks zappi - will try later - internet not reliable here during the day - it's shared with an admin office in a YMCA hostel, so not much bandwidth. will try after they finish around 10pm gmt, cava?

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:56 pm Post subject: Re: Waiting on the frontilne Reply with quote

Don't trust the ping on GR. Close Combat is from dialup modem days, very little data (comparatively) is transmitted so connections are always good. If my room is locked I am just putting an "ad" up for closecombatseries.net and not actually playing. Msg me though, I have room to start other campaigns or Ops if you can follow through with one.

User_Error

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:02 pm Post subject: Re: Waiting on the frontilne Reply with quote

roger that,mooxe, have plenty of time for a full campaign bash on 5.01, signed off sick until May so late nights not a problem- not a very good player but more than willing
see you or zappi 'round about 10pm
laters

User_Error

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:53 pm Post subject: Re: Waiting on the frontilne Reply with quote

I don't believe it !!!! Went on, was first in so tried to host, this came up;

Symmetric NAT Router

Your internet connection is behind a Symmetric NAT Modem/Router that will prevent you from hosting all games, and from joining peer-peer games.
The solution to this problem will involve you configuring your router. Most routers are configured through a web page built into them. You may be able to reach yours here.

Many recent routers support a feature called Universal Plug and Play (UPnP). This feature will allow GameRanger to do most of the configuration required. You will need to enable it to allow GameRanger to make changes. Not all routers support UPnP correctly, however, so that may not be enough.

The alternative is to manually configure your router to do port-forwarding for UDP port 16000. Ask your ISP (Internet Service Provider) or refer to your router's instruction manual for assistance here.

Port-forwarding tells the router to send the game communication data to your computer. The port-forwarding configuration page will ask you for a public port and a private port. Set both of those to 16000. In some cases, instead of asking for a public port, it will ask for a port range (eg. Start Port, End Port). Set the Start and End to 16000. It will also ask you for the IP address of your computer that the data should be sent to. It may call this the LAN IP, Local IP, or Private IP. This should be set to XXXXXXXXXX If it asks you for the protocol or type, set it to UDP.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to offer step-by-step instructions here as every router is different.

If you are at work on a company network or at a university, you may not be able to fix the problem yourself. Instead you may have to ask the network administrator to how to port-forward UDP port 16000 to your computer.

I know for a fact the network administrator will refuse to do it after he bollocked me for downloading about 200 gb of pirated stuff a few months ago.

Enjoy urselves guys, looks like I'm stuck with the AI vanilla style.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess -> H2H Multiplayer

Jump to: