Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
brunel

Rep: 27

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:35 pm Post subject: Russian voices - Battle of Berlin Reply with quote

Hi, I really like the Battle of Berlin mod. I was wondering, how can I add in Russian voices? Currently, the Russians speak in American English! Is there a sound file I can have? Also, as a side note, this mod seems to be different to many of the other mods in that the enemy is very aggressive (I only play as the Germans). Is there a secret formula? Sometimes they camp out but most times they attack in strength. They seem to know exactly where my forces are!

Thanks

mick_xe5

Rep: 19.4
votes: 5

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:23 am Post subject: Re: Russian voices - Battle of Berlin Reply with quote

You might try using the CC3 RRusvox.sfx file and renaming it to ERusvox.sfx. No guarantee as the CC3 file has 93 sfx where the BoB file has 101.

mick_xe5

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:14 pm Post subject: Re: Russian voices - Battle of Berlin Reply with quote

You must be using the Berlin mod in CC5 classic. Look in the C:\...\classicCC5\LOCALFX folder and rename DefaultVox.sfx to DefaultVox0.sfx then rename erusvox.sfx to DefaultVox.sfx

brunel

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:26 pm Post subject: Re: Russian voices - Battle of Berlin Reply with quote

Thanks for the response. It's the TLD BOB mod I'm using.

mick_xe5

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:01 pm Post subject: Re: Russian voices - Battle of Berlin Reply with quote

Copy this DefaultVox.sfx file to C:\...\Close Combat The Longest Day\BOB\LocalFX

Digs

Rep: 56.7

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:50 pm Post subject: Re: Russian voices - Battle of Berlin Reply with quote

The mod was originally made for Close Combat Invasion Normandy (aka CC5), mods that are transferred over; or are converted to newer releases, tend to be buggy. You get corrupted save files and voices for opposing sides.

mick_xe5

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:45 pm Post subject: Re: Russian voices - Battle of Berlin Reply with quote

The CC5 BoB version used Russian voices which is the file [renamed] I linked. The modder included the wrong vox file [the original TLD DefaultVox.sfx] in making the TLD version of his mod.

brunel

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:01 pm Post subject: Re: Russian voices - Battle of Berlin Reply with quote

Thanks, it works! Ok, another little bug. The MG42 has two different sounds in this mod. How can I make it one? The light version sounds like a drill!

mick_xe5

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:29 pm Post subject: Re: Russian voices - Battle of Berlin Reply with quote

Open CCTLD\BOB\Data\Base\Weapons.txt in Excel or similar. In the MG42 row [11] change value 9 to 33 in Column DG. Save.

Berger

Rep: 28.4
votes: 4

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:40 pm Post subject: Re: Russian voices - Battle of Berlin Reply with quote

Hi, brunel, here is the weapons.txt file with the corrected light mg42 sound

https://www.mediafire.com/file/voujxws8v05fjua/weapons.txt/file

weapons.zip
 Description:
weapons.txt with fixed LMG sound

Download
 Filename:  weapons.zip
 Filesize:  7.49 KB
 Downloaded:  209 Time(s)

Last edited by Berger on Sat May 29, 2021 3:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:57 am Post subject: Re: Russian voices - Battle of Berlin Reply with quote

I cant answer for other moders because made it for CC5...and YES it doesent work in Multiplayer because it was made before the 5.01 Exe and has the smoke bug because i was stupid and wanted to have airplane graphics with the FO:s...
My dear friend SouthernLand made all the maps and i really would like to make version 2 = never... because real life happends Wink

Greetings Mats

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:30 pm Post subject: Re: Russian voices - Battle of Berlin Reply with quote

Look in this forum thread for the TLD "BoB v1.00a Update.zip";
http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=9891&start=40

BoB v1.00a List of Changes:
- Added CC5 BoB Russian names (RUNames.txt)
- Added DAK_Legion's Fix for the map onwership graphics on the DEBRIEF CAMPAIGN VIEW (StratMap.txt)
- Created a BoB icon
- Edited nations.txt to get Russian voices
- Updated uniticons.bmp to fix icon graphics with lines to the left or right in the Scenario editor
- Updated Grand Campaign
- Updated Historical Campaign

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat The Longest Day

Jump to: