Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1214
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Incantator

Rep: 0.6

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:14 am Post subject: Editing the weapon ranges and locating the save files Reply with quote

Hello, I've been playing this game for about 5 years by now and I still enjoy this game so much. I decided to ask a couple of questions of which I couldn't find the answers. I'm using Windows 10 and the game is patched to 2.0b.

1. I recently used the Real Para Mod and found that the Vickers still has 120m as its medium range; it is supposed to be increased to 200m. Similarly, Panzershrecks have 120 medium range, which should have been decreased to 100m. The values are indeed changed in the weapons file, so I'm wondering whether it's just that the graphics cannot be changed (the color is still red when it should be changed to orange) or the changed values themselves are not being applied.

2. I cannot locate the save files; the game is installed in the default folder, but nothing is inside the games/save folder. I've also searched the AppData folder, but I still couldn't locate them.

Thanks in advance :)

[Edited] I've just put the weapons file somewhere else and played the game, and there was no problem... I'm not sure why this is happening. Maybe because I'm using the ISO file and the game is reading the files there instead? Any ideas?

ScnelleMeyer

Rep: 191.3
votes: 18

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:22 pm Post subject: Re: Editing the weapon ranges and locating the save files Reply with quote

1. Do you start the game via shortcut or from the .exe in the games default folder?

- If you start the game from the default folder of the game it will access the weapon data located in the CC2/Data/Base folder.

- If you start via shortcut - verify to what installed .exe  it is pointing. - I suspect you could have two installs?

How did you install the mod?

2. The save files should be in your CC2\games\save folder. - If they are not there I think it is related to 1.

Incantator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:48 pm Post subject: Re: Editing the weapon ranges and locating the save files Reply with quote

ScnelleMeyer wrote (View Post):
1. Do you start the game via shortcut or from the .exe in the games default folder?

- If you start the game from the default folder of the game it will access the weapon data located in the CC2/Data/Base folder.

- If you start via shortcut - verify to what installed .exe  it is pointing. - I suspect you could have two installs?

How did you install the mod?

2. The save files should be in your CC2\games\save folder. - If they are not there I think it is related to 1.

Thanks for the input! I had already tried the original exe, but this time while fiddling one more time I just started the game as administrator, and I found that all the saves are gone and now the patch is applied correctly! The save files are now stored in the correct folder as well. So I'm wondering... where are my previous save files are located then? I cannot locate them in the user/AppData folder... I had experienced a similar phenomenon with other games as well where the configs or save files are treated differently depending on whether it is played as administrator. Now I want to know the very reason...

BTW some of the patch (the install.txt said just to copy paste the files) was actually applied before; no heavy armors on the second day of Arnhem Bridge and light armors in Arnhem Relief on the very fist day etc. It was just that new units weren't added and changes of values weren't applied. Weird...

ScnelleMeyer

Rep: 191.3
votes: 18

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:54 pm Post subject: Re: Editing the weapon ranges and locating the save files Reply with quote

That sounds really strange, but it could be a Windows 10 thing?  - I dont have a good answer for where the files might be, sorry. I'm still on W7.

For the game not using the mods data, but using the graphics it could be that you continued play with an Operation or Campaign that was saved before installing the mod?
This is the only slightly plausible explanation I can think of.

Sounds like its all good know so well done problem solving this one mate.

Incantator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:38 pm Post subject: Re: Editing the weapon ranges and locating the save files Reply with quote

Thx, I'm also glad that it worked since I wanted to play this mod so bad...

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat 2: A Bridge Too Far

Jump to: