Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1213
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Hicks

Rep: 31.6
votes: 2

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:25 pm Post subject: Last Stand Arnhem medals question. Reply with quote

I took a poke through the files and made replacements based on photos of the relevant medals - along with some tweaking, but within the existing files there are three sets of duplicate medals for German forces and two sets of duplicate medals for the UK. Any ideas why? That and I'm puzzled as to why there is an Imperial Japanese Wound Badge in there as well?

As for the changes; I've set it so that the UK forces use: Wound Stripe/Mention in Dispatches/Military Medal/Distinguished Conduct Medal/Military Cross and Victoria Cross, US medals have new images but remain unchanged in selection, Germans are the same, updated images but same selection (outside of the Assault Badge being switched to the General Assault badge. With the Polish Forces I had to do a little fudging. There's a Wound Stripe, Merit on the Field of Glory, Bronze Cross of Merit with Swords, Cross of Valour, Polonia Restituta and Virtuti Militari. As far as I can tell some of these weren't for actions under fire - but given the lack of potential awards, like I said, I fudged it a bit.

To give an idea of how they look in game I imported them for CC5. They seem to come out a little clearer on the background that Last Stand Arnhem uses. It'll take some doing to get a full rack of medals to show them though with LSA.

It's a shame that the games don't scale images as the 256x256 images are really nice. Shame to have to shrink them down and loose the detail.

It's just those duplicates and that odd inclusion of a Japanese Wound Badge...  Confused

Clipboard02.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  457.57 KB
 Viewed:  2523 Time(s)

Clipboard02.jpg

Clipboard01.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  458 KB
 Viewed:  2523 Time(s)

Clipboard01.jpg

ScnelleMeyer

Rep: 191.3
votes: 18

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:45 pm Post subject: Re: Last Stand Arnhem medals question. Reply with quote

Very nice medal images Hicks. - Good job!

Not sure about the duplicates, but possibly because connected to "Nations" and "Styles" in uniform.txt

The Jap badge must have been a placeholder during development or put there by mistake.

Hicks

Rep: 31.6
votes: 2

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:20 pm Post subject: Re: Last Stand Arnhem medals question. Reply with quote

ScnelleMeyer wrote (View Post):
Very nice medal images Hicks. - Good job!

Not sure about the duplicates, but possibly because connected to "Nations" and "Styles" in uniform.txt

The Jap badge must have been a placeholder during development or put there by mistake.

Thanks for the answer, have you been well? Smile I think you'll be right with that assumption, would connect with the different voice sets as well. It made me wonder though if they had a Pacific set game in development? The Okinawa mod for CC5 had some brilliant moments.

I'll upload the .psd file with the icons and the resized versions if they'll be of use to others as well? There are backgrounds for CC4 and CC5 with them too.

I'm quite tempted to set one of those duplicate sets to images of squeaky chew toys for pets. First Class Tank Hunter? Have a rubber ducky!

I really hope this new CC installment has scaleable interface elements and more detailed UI - icons, medals etc.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Modding Workshop

Jump to: