Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1180
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
nikits72

Rep: 41

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:52 am Post subject: What is the orange/red square around enemy teams? Reply with quote

Hi all,
lately i am playing/testing Bloody First which i find it quite amusing.

I think it is a Close combat game as we know it with the nice addition of 3d maps and views.
Does not seem that anything has changed in enemy AI so i guess they took the CC engine and added the 3d views.
OK.

Now my question is , does anyone know what this brown square is around enemy units? (see attched screenshot)
Also sometimes it flashes orange.

So , what is the orange flashing square and the brown square around enemy units?

Thank you for your time reading this.

Regards.

nikits72 with the unexploding grenade...

Last edited by nikits72 on Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:08 am; edited 1 time in total

Jatke

Rep: 69.7
votes: 7

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:06 pm Post subject: Re: What is the orange/red square around enemy teams? Reply with quote

The orange border on enemy icons indicates it is spotted within LOS of the currently selected friendly unit.

dj

Rep: 157.1
votes: 9

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:06 am Post subject: Re: What is the orange/red square around enemy teams? Reply with quote

nikits72 wrote (View Post):
Hi all,
lately i am playing/testing Bloody First which i find it quite amusing.

I think it is a Close combat game as we know it with the nice addition of 3d maps and views.
Does not seem that anything has changed in enemy AI so i guess they took the CC engine and added the 3d views.
OK.

Can you please elaborate on lack of changes in enemy AI (performance)?

nikits72

Rep: 41

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:26 pm Post subject: Re: What is the orange/red square around enemy teams? Reply with quote

Jatke answered me for brown rectangle.
I also attach a screens shot of the orange flashing rectangle if anyone knows what that might be. Unfortunatelly i cannot capture the flashing of it with a screenshot so i have it while it is on.

@->Jatke
Thank you for your answer.

@->dj
Yes, i am not an expert and i speak from personal experience only. What i meant by saying that i do not see any changes in Ai is that by playing the game is still easy to beat the AI.
Some examples:
- By focusing your attack and main power in a narrow margin you break AI frontline there . Then Ai fails to respond in a competitive manner by e.g. making a counter attack in an other place on the frontline or reallocate enough forces to close the gap.
- By waiting the AI just behind obstacles with no los, the AI will keep bringing troops which you take out one by one.
- If you play a map where the AI is on defense, it will not take advantage in case of heavy human enemy loses and wont make an attack.
- At the last minutes (about 7 - 5 minutes before battle end) of a timed battle, there is a recognizable pattern where the AI will try to gain some ground .

Except the above examples there are some things i didn't like also (which probably have not to do with the AI and migh be of personal taste) like for example:
- Guns are very easy to blow with mortar, even if mortar is on the other side of the map and has no los.
- Same goes for vechicles (not tanks).
- Guns cannot be placed inside buildings
- Guns are so easy to die in general. I have not yet found out a way to use guns in an adequate manner.
- Ambush command most of the time ends up like this: An enemy team is walking towards one of your ambushing teams. If enemy has los to your ambushing team, nonmatter if your team has good cover, the enemy spot your team at some point and start firing at your ambushing team while your team stays in ambush mode and won't at least fire back. If i recall correctly in previous CC's (CC5) an ambushing team was not spotted from enemy because they fired at enemy (and managed some casualties to them) before they were spotted.

Anyway, by writing i do not see any major upgrade to the AI in no way i mean i do not like the game.
It just seem to me as the usual CC game but with a great and major adition of having the 3d view.

Thank you for your time reading this and excuse my lame English.

Regards.

nikits72 with the unexploding grenade...

Jatke

Rep: 69.7
votes: 7

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:59 pm Post subject: Re: What is the orange/red square around enemy teams? Reply with quote

The flashing rectangle means an enemy unit is engaging with fire.

Both the friendly and/or enemy side AI can be scripted to adopt one of the seven available 'stances' ranging from all-out attack (0) to retreat (6). Battle scripts can also set initial deployment, allot the player a single unit to control, and determine whether there is a deployment phase or not.

dj

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:42 am Post subject: Re: What is the orange/red square around enemy teams? Reply with quote

nikits72 wrote (View Post):

@->dj
Yes, i am not an expert and i speak from personal experience only. What i meant by saying that i do not see any changes in Ai is that by playing the game is still easy to beat the AI.
Some examples:
- By focusing your attack and main power in a narrow margin you break AI frontline there . Then Ai fails to respond in a competitive manner by e.g. making a counter attack in an other place on the frontline or reallocate enough forces to close the gap.
- By waiting the AI just behind obstacles with no los, the AI will keep bringing troops which you take out one by one.
- If you play a map where the AI is on defense, it will not take advantage in case of heavy human enemy loses and wont make an attack.
- At the last minutes (about 7 - 5 minutes before battle end) of a timed battle, there is a recognizable pattern where the AI will try to gain some ground .

Except the above examples there are some things i didn't like also (which probably have not to do with the AI and migh be of personal taste) like for example:
- Guns are very easy to blow with mortar, even if mortar is on the other side of the map and has no los.
- Same goes for vechicles (not tanks).
- Guns cannot be placed inside buildings
- Guns are so easy to die in general. I have not yet found out a way to use guns in an adequate manner.
- Ambush command most of the time ends up like this: An enemy team is walking towards one of your ambushing teams. If enemy has los to your ambushing team, nonmatter if your team has good cover, the enemy spot your team at some point and start firing at your ambushing team while your team stays in ambush mode and won't at least fire back. If i recall correctly in previous CC's (CC5) an ambushing team was not spotted from enemy because they fired at enemy (and managed some casualties to them) before they were spotted.

Anyway, by writing i do not see any major upgrade to the AI in no way i mean i do not like the game.
It just seem to me as the usual CC game but with a great and major adition of having the 3d view.

Thank you for your time reading this and excuse my lame English.

Regards.

I see what you mean now, I purchased over the weekend and the AI has not changed.  AI is too predictable and struggles in the large maps in TBF.  The graphics are good & worth the sale price but AI still not cutting it vs the classic CC's.

dj

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:08 am Post subject: Re: What is the orange/red square around enemy teams? Reply with quote

Giving this 2 thumbs up for sale price.  It's harder to play as Axis especially as Italians.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat The Bloody First

Jump to: