Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author

LSA GJS 9.4 ATG's feedback
I like 9.4 ATG's ... no change required
100%
 100%  [ 3 ]
9.4 ATG's are too tough to knock out ... make changes, so they are easier to knock out
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 3

GameRat

Rep: 44.8
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:24 pm Post subject: LSA GJS 9.4 Anti Tank Guns Reply with quote

By request from players ... Anti Tank Guns (ATG's) now have more armor protection in GJS version 9.4

In GJS version 9.1, ATG's could be knocked by enemy infantry fire quite easily. But in version 9.4, infantry rarely can knock them out ... unless they're assaulted from close range using grenades, etc.
It's also more difficult to destroy ATG's with Armored vehicles with main guns.

I'll attach a poll to this thread to get feedback from you about what you think.

Keep in mind that most Battle Groups only have five slots to get Tanks, ATG's, and other vehicle types ... so if ATG's aren't very effective, they may not be selected over Tanks.

And, although ATG's may seem difficult to knock out in version 9.4 ... this may balance out the way ATG's score hits and survive enemy fire compared to real life combat.

I'm open to changing ATG's to have armor protection reduced to somewhere in between 9.1 and 9.4 ... if that's what players want.

Also, it's helpful to play multiple games under various conditions in order to get a good feel for where ATG's are at now.

Thanks
GameRat

stiener

Rep: 46.4
votes: 3

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:24 pm Post subject: Re: LSA GJS 9.4 Anti Tank Guns Reply with quote

hmmmm.....im going to play more before i vote...A/T guns were just " not very good " in 9.1 as far as survivability and being spotted, so.....

WHEN THE PIN IS PULLED "MR GRENADE"IS NOT OUR FRIEND !

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:02 pm Post subject: Re: LSA GJS 9.4 Anti Tank Guns Reply with quote

Have not played since team GC.... but, every mod is different. Once I realize the unit strengths in any mod, tactics are adopted to try and deal with those strengths. So I'd lean towards keep it as is.

Pzt_Crackwise

Rep: 64.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:19 pm Post subject: Re: LSA GJS 9.4 Anti Tank Guns Reply with quote

Haven't tested the new version yet. I think you also increased the accuracy of ATGs in the newer versions though, right? In that case, combined with that, ATGs could maybe be a bit too powerful. But can't tell without testing.

I find it a welcome change for them to be tougher against small arms fire. But I think snipers should nevertheless be able to take out crew from reasonable distances (<200m).

GameRat

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:04 pm Post subject: Re: LSA GJS 9.4 Anti Tank Guns Reply with quote

After a few more H2H battles, where ATG's have been used ... it seems ATG's in 9.4 are ok.

They are not indestructible, but do take a few more rounds from a tank/s to destroy (but not always).

Had a MG42 shooting at a 6pdr ATG about 300-400 yards for about 5 mins, and didn't knock it out. Probably suppressed it though, which would diminish its accuracy and rate of fire.

Good point Mooxe, that as a player ... you adapt to a game. I just didn't want ATG's to be unrealistically indestructible, but also not too easily knocked out, as in previous versions.

And yes Crackwise, ATG's accuracy was increased a bit ... and I do like the effect of this.
Also, haven't tested against snipers, but assume they will not be effective against ATG's frontal armor shield.

backblast

Rep: 6.5

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:13 am Post subject: Re: LSA GJS 9.4 Anti Tank Guns Reply with quote

As i have played the new 9.4 more that most now, AT guns did take a little getting use to but i do love it.
(tigercub)

stiener

Rep: 46.4
votes: 3

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:06 am Post subject: Re: LSA GJS 9.4 Anti Tank Guns Reply with quote

Im still reserving judgment.....the more i use them the more im kinda liking them....they can be taken out by a single shot by a tank...ive seen that a couple of times now but usually there tougher than that. not sure yet tho.....

WHEN THE PIN IS PULLED "MR GRENADE"IS NOT OUR FRIEND !

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:46 pm Post subject: Re: LSA GJS 9.4 Anti Tank Guns Reply with quote

In general, an ATG is useful to take out one tank in a single battle. After taking out one tank they will be avoided, support dropped on, or attacked by small arms. If one tank per fight metric is sustained, ATGs are fine.

GameRat

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:47 pm Post subject: Re: LSA GJS 9.4 Anti Tank Guns Reply with quote

In one of our H2H battles, a FlaK 8.8 cm ATG (on Ambush) knocked out an Achilles first shot at about 600 m ... and the ATG wasn't spotted by the Allied player. It wasn't at the very beginning of the battle, and the Achilles moved into Line of Sight of the                 FlaK 88

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem

Jump to: