Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1221
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
YAMATO

Rep: 11.4

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:47 am Post subject: Weapon icon problem Reply with quote

Hello to you. I have been looking for a solution to this problem for a long time. Recently, I decided to change the weapon icons, as long as there was no problem with the appearance of a given unit in BG, it was already in the soldiers monitor window. I also made individual changes in QClone below:

In the photo there is a problem with the MG34 bow, but this applies to almost all weapon icons, GJS mod

2021-03-09_01h26_57.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  42.85 KB
 Viewed:  3267 Time(s)

2021-03-09_01h26_57.jpg

2021-03-09_01h26_04.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  19.89 KB
 Viewed:  3267 Time(s)

2021-03-09_01h26_04.jpg

Jatke

Rep: 69.7
votes: 7

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:41 pm Post subject: Re: Weapon icon problem Reply with quote

Your top image shows the bow mg icon from the GameGdg.gdg file. The bottom image shows the bow mg image from the ScrnGdg.gdg file. The two images should be the same.

Put the latest GadgetMunger tool in an empty directory. Copy the /Graphics/ScrnGdg.gdg and GameGdg.gdg files to the same dir. Use GadgetMunger to extract the /Graphics/ScrnGdg.gdg and GameGdg.gdg files to .tga format. After uncompressing those two sets of images you'll be able to sort thru them and hopefully find the correct image. The .gdg images are sorted by name so the solution should be only switching a couple of images, or just their names. GadgetMunger can then repack (compress) all .tgas in its directory.

edit: do maintain image sizing. Each type of .gdg image generally shares the same image size.
edit2: the latest GadgetMunger is available here. https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3244290

YAMATO

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:16 pm Post subject: Re: Weapon icon problem Reply with quote

Thank you Jatke !!! I am using RtBTool, previously I thought that the icons from the ScrnGdg.gdg file would be enough, I forgot about GameGdg.gdg ...

2021-03-11_23h08_31.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  45.25 KB
 Viewed:  3116 Time(s)

2021-03-11_23h08_31.jpg

Jatke

Rep: 69.7
votes: 7

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:04 pm Post subject: Re: Weapon icon problem Reply with quote

The RTB tool provides more info on the image files. I batch convert from .tga to .jpg to browse the thumbnails. .TGA being cumbersome to thumbnail.

You see lots of stuff thats fun to tweak. Like pasting the full green force morale bar over the reduced bars so it looks as if FM is always 100%. Or paste the neutral VL flag over the Allied and Axis flags so those never give away a VL has changed hands. Making an image pure white also makes it invisible in the game. Do this to the red mines image or the timer numerals for more fog of war effect. Of course you can still cheat and look at the game time on the Pause popup.

Have fun.

YAMATO

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:26 pm Post subject: Re: Weapon icon problem Reply with quote

Jatke i will just stop creating icons for weapons, I plan to modify the icons of units in BG but it is quite difficult for me, finding photos of units on the Internet and editing them is not a problem but converting to 16 bit depth is a challenge. Besides, I change the sounds of weapons, I have a large collection.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Modding Workshop

Jump to: