Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1213
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 48, 49, 50  Next
 Author
JFFulcrum

Rep: 77.9

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:39 am Post subject: Re: War in Ukraine? Reply with quote

Quote:
Especially considering Putin worked for President Gorbachev and knew each other very well.

He wasn`t. Actually, he was in Sobchak team, Sobchak was a huge opponent of Gorbachev.

Quote:
So you really think people falling from buildings in D.C. as normal?  How would you explain 58 Russian journalists whom also "fell" from buildings or magically happened to die after reporting Russian government business?

Well, if someone starts collect statistics about journalism in US, the records tab may be even greater, especially if include so-called 'Auditors' and 'Sovereign citizens' (declared as domestic terrorists by FBI).

About russian journalists and suicides in Russia in general:

1. While unholy union of physchot?erapists and anti-depressant pharmaceutical industry in West have many drawbacks, it is still do its main job, by appeasement of people, helping them to move out of personal crisis's and to continue to fulfill their social roles, even if as kind of zombies. In Russia and post-soviet space psychotherapy have a bad memories from soviet times as govt weapon against dissidents, and also because of virtually zero level of anonymity.
2. So heavy drinking.
3. And, due to lack of guns in possession and prohibit of nearly all strong drugs, like dangerous sleeping pills, height is a best friend for suicide. In US there will be gunshots instead i guess.

JFFulcrum

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:50 am Post subject: Re: War in Ukraine? Reply with quote

Berger wrote (View Post):
Quote:
The Russo-Ukrainian War
A Six Month Retrospective

With the Russo-Ukrainian War now rolling on into its seventh month, I thought this might be as good a time as any to put together a more extensive analysis than the twitter format allows. What follows will be my assessment of what exactly the Russian Armed Forces have achieved, why they made specific operational choices, and the general shape of the battlefield today.

https://bigserge.substack.com/p/the-russo-ukrainian-war  

So now they start to scare with Russian threat and Russian mighty army once again. To fuel the military industry with more money and to force europeans (and others) to spend more on western weapons. Good time, cause Russian weapons sales dried up

JFFulcrum

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:05 am Post subject: Re: War in Ukraine? Reply with quote

https://www-interfax-ru.translate.goog/russia/861023?_x_tr_sl=ru&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=ru&_x_tr_pto=wapp

You sit on table with cardsharpers and was fooled by them, what surprise.

dj

Rep: 157.5
votes: 9

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:38 am Post subject: Re: War in Ukraine? Reply with quote

JFFulcrum wrote (View Post):
Quote:
Especially considering Putin worked for President Gorbachev and knew each other very well.

Quote:
So you really think people falling from buildings in D.C. as normal?  How would you explain 58 Russian journalists whom also "fell" from buildings or magically happened to die after reporting Russian government business?

Well, if someone starts collect statistics about journalism in US, the records tab may be even greater, especially if include so-called 'Auditors' and 'Sovereign citizens' (declared as domestic terrorists by FBI).

About russian journalists and suicides in Russia in general:

1. While unholy union of physchot?erapists and anti-depressant pharmaceutical industry in West have many drawbacks, it is still do its main job, by appeasement of people, helping them to move out of personal crisis's and to continue to fulfill their social roles, even if as kind of zombies. In Russia and post-soviet space psychotherapy have a bad memories from soviet times as govt weapon against dissidents, and also because of virtually zero level of anonymity.
2. So heavy drinking.
3. And, due to lack of guns in possession and prohibit of nearly all strong drugs, like dangerous sleeping pills, height is a best friend for suicide. In US there will be gunshots instead i guess.

Due you REALLY believe 54 Russian journalists covering sensitive topics such as corruption all died from suicide ? ? ?

Just not credible considering Putin is notorious for silencing opponents whether journalists or regular citizen. Picture is worth a 1000 words when Putin gave Saudi Prince high five after be-heading journalist Jamal Khashoggi. https://jimheath.tv/2018/11/blood-brothers-putin-saudi-crown-prince-high-five-each-other-at-g20-summit/

I never claimed American journalists, particularly investigative journalists are not murdered.  One investigating the BCCI scandal was found dead in hotel room after telling his brother he was in danger.  Another one investigating corruption of Government official was murdered last week.  Unlike Russia, they caught the Government official and he will go to jail.  Whereas Russia is state sanctioned murder of 54 journalists whom were tracked.  We can only assume many others.  

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/national-international/las-vegas-officials-dna-in-slain-reporters-fingernails/3857841/

JFFulcrum

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:25 pm Post subject: Re: War in Ukraine? Reply with quote

Even Russian sources agreed, that ukrainian army was able to pierce defenses in Kharkiv region.
https://topwar-ru.translate.goog/201504-vsu-podoshli-k-grushevke-bliz-kupjanska-moment-istiny-dlja-rossijskogo-komandovanija.html?_x_tr_sl=ru&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=ru&_x_tr_pto=wapp

Quote:
Due you REALLY believe 54 Russian journalists covering sensitive topics such as corruption all died from suicide ?

58 since 1999...thats average 2 per year. Let's take a look at official govt data: https://rosinfostat.ru/smertnost/?ysclid=l7vv3n37y5684694206 - mortality rates in Russia are relatively high, including suicides, road incidents, alcohol. So, probability of such usual (for Russia) deaths (included in list just because of some motive presence, and because big US daddy provide money for NGOs and they need to show kind of 'job') instead of high-end suicide-camouflaged kills - hmm. And, if we use western data, lets take a look into claimed operations against Putin`s enemies, basing on western data too. Skripal - fail. Navalny - fail. Kara-Murza - twice fail. Should we really suggest, that Putin have high-profile killer teams able to mask kills to suicides, while they regularly went from fail to fail? And even successful liquidations was, like Nemtsov - just six shots on the street face to face; or Politkovskaya - four shots in elevator. Both times executors was captured and jailed. Sorry, i don`t believe to flat Earth, UFOs, modern democracy and Putin`s elite killers.

dj

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2022 7:15 pm Post subject: Re: War in Ukraine? Reply with quote

Comrade, let's be honest about this.  Very simple: in the new "Imperial" autocratic Russia, there's no longer any access to professional journalism in the classical sense, to be objective, fair and present or investigate facts.  All independent media sources have been silenced in Russia by the Putin dictatorship state.  It is illegal to speak out.  Again it is deadly business, it's absurd to compare to UFO's or flat earth.  Journalists get murdered often especially when covering corruption in Dictatorships.  

Let me ask you in different way...do you think Josef Stalin was good leader for Russian people?  It is widely accepted by majority of even Russian historians he was ruthless killer even of his own people.  Stalin certainly did have his own "elite killer" NKVD teams to round up any suspected of sedition.  And sent NKVD all the way to Mexico to stick Leon Trotsky in the head with ice pick.  Putin I'm sure is fan of Stalin or maybe Ivan the Terrible to run Russia with iron fist no dissent allowed.  This is especially true for journalists whom try to investigate allegations of corruption of his government.

Actually it's not just journalists whom "fall" from buildings.  At least 9 Russian Oligarchs have died suspiciously including several this year.  We have Mafia here too this is how they roll made to look like accident / suicide
https://www.newsweek.com/russian-oligarch-deaths-suicide-gas-exec-fled-igor-volobuev-vladislav-avaev-sergey-protosenya-1701373

JFFulcrum

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2022 7:43 pm Post subject: Re: War in Ukraine? Reply with quote

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ru&tl=en&hl=ru&u=https://radiosputnik.ria.ru/20220910/minoborony-1815882354.html&client=webapp
So Izum abandoned to Ukraine.

Quote:
Journalists get murdered often especially when covering corruption in Dictatorships.  

In Ukraine the list counts 25 https://cpj.org/europe/ukraine/, half of Russian one, while population is from 1/3 to 1/5 of Russia. Should we consider Ukraine as Dictatorship with govt killer squads?

Quote:
At least 9 Russian Oligarchs have died suspiciously including several this year.

Well, here i'm fully expect a higher degree of suicide for this part of population. Their business empires and lives are definitely ruined, facing hard pressure both from Western sanctions and from Russian authorities. For years they believed in things like 'free markets', 'globalization', 'private property rights', 'equality for all' (russian animals are now less equal than others) and many other brave words, now disclosed as actually have value not enough even to cover price of papers to print them on (in Russia prices for office paper sky rocketed since 24.02.22 BTW). Sad times for them - be an worthless supplicant of their own money for miserable life in West or be the Stalin's 'red director' for state in military crisis second only to WWII in last 100 years.

Again, we switched from Ukraine too much.

dj

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:30 am Post subject: Re: War in Ukraine? Reply with quote

Moscow Times and other media sources reporting growing dissent in Russia over Putin's leadership and failure of Ukraine war.  Incredibly they petitioned for his resignation.  Moscow Times is run by Russian nationals in exile.

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2022/09/12/russian-city-deputies-petition-for-putin-resignation-a78768

Over the weekend, very troubling collapse of Russian defenders near Kharkiv.  Allegedly mass surrenders of Russian troops, Ukraine was not prepared to handle so many prisoners at once.  Also reports of some Russian soldiers panicking and dropped their rifles on ground, removing uniforms to appear as civilians, and tanks abandoned on flatbed trucks.  It appears the Russian rearguard defense completely collapsed leaving their comrades vulnerable creating panic before they could retreat.

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:42 am Post subject: Re: War in Ukraine? Reply with quote

How will they spin this into a success? Is it the "Kiev feint" all over again?

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Berger

Rep: 28.4
votes: 4

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:07 pm Post subject: Re: War in Ukraine? Reply with quote

“It’s a war, not a special operation. We need mobilization,” Russian Communist Party leader says

https://theins.ru/en/news/254990

paratmar

Rep: 34.5
votes: 3

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:53 am Post subject: Re: War in Ukraine? Reply with quote

Berger wrote (View Post):
“It’s a war, not a special operation. We need mobilization,” Russian Communist Party leader says

https://theins.ru/en/news/254990

In Russia this party a clowns).

JFFulcrum

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 5:26 pm Post subject: Re: War in Ukraine? Reply with quote

Quote:
https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2022/09/12/russian-city-deputies-petition-for-putin-resignation-a78768  

Like that one with a sign on TV...now sits in jail. But others want their 15 minutes of glory.

Quote:
Allegedly mass surrenders of Russian troops, Ukraine was not prepared to handle so many prisoners at once.  Also reports of some Russian soldiers panicking and dropped their rifles on ground, removing uniforms to appear as civilians, and tanks abandoned on flatbed trucks.  It appears the Russian rearguard defense completely collapsed leaving their comrades vulnerable creating panic before they could retreat.

There are some videos with POWs, but nothing about 'thousands'. Obviously Ukraine trying dig the most from current success for information war.

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 99.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 7:39 pm Post subject: Re: War in Ukraine? Reply with quote

There are some very detailed maps of the battles produced by a twitter user JominW.
Here is a recent example. To find them google his name and go to images tab. To save them you need a twitter account or save image from google search.

As I said the level of detail is high, including unit names so I certain they arent 100% accurate but give a good visual of the battles.

They are obviously written from a Ukraine point of view.

Fch89pcWAAAolr7 (1).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  716.45 KB
 Viewed:  2739 Time(s)

Fch89pcWAAAolr7 (1).jpg

Bungarra

Rep: 137.6
votes: 5

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:33 am Post subject: Re: War in Ukraine? Reply with quote

I guess I am like the majority of people...

I Don't get it......

What the fuck would you want to invade a country that you think wants you there when obviously that is not the case.

If Ukraine invaded Russia what would the man in the street do.... Of coarse he will defend his country...

In the land of OZ we despise our politicians.... mob of wankers ... solicitors and accountants who have no idea of the school of hard knocks.

I'm just saying everyone has the right to live in peace.... You Paratamar  are right when you say that what happens will happen and you Mr Fulcrum can post anything you can to support the Putins regime.....

But sooner or later, maybe in old age..... you realize there is right and wrong... yes right does not always win but it sure as hell makes you think about it...

One thing is for sure.... Ukrainians do not deserve the wrath Russia has shown to them..... moreover they have proved that Putins Military have not matured since 1945.

I see where you blokes are... you cannot really say what you think.... luckily I can without recriminations....

Putin wanted to make Russia great again.... instead it has made itself a vassal state of China... and good luck with that...

The War is far from over and I fail to see how Nato will not be involved in the end..

When it does..... Russia will finally come out of the dark ages.

Correct me if I am wrong.

You know if you don't live it.... You can't give it.

paratmar

Rep: 34.5
votes: 3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:52 pm Post subject: Re: War in Ukraine? Reply with quote

Bungarra wrote (View Post):
I guess I am like the majority of people...

I Don't get it......

What the fuck would you want to invade a country that you think wants you there when obviously that is not the case.

If Ukraine invaded Russia what would the man in the street do.... Of coarse he will defend his country...

In the land of OZ we despise our politicians.... mob of wankers ... solicitors and accountants who have no idea of the school of hard knocks.

I'm just saying everyone has the right to live in peace.... You Paratamar  are right when you say that what happens will happen and you Mr Fulcrum can post anything you can to support the Putins regime.....

But sooner or later, maybe in old age..... you realize there is right and wrong... yes right does not always win but it sure as hell makes you think about it...

One thing is for sure.... Ukrainians do not deserve the wrath Russia has shown to them..... moreover they have proved that Putins Military have not matured since 1945.

I see where you blokes are... you cannot really say what you think.... luckily I can without recriminations....

Putin wanted to make Russia great again.... instead it has made itself a vassal state of China... and good luck with that...

The War is far from over and I fail to see how Nato will not be involved in the end..

When it does..... Russia will finally come out of the dark ages.

Correct me if I am wrong.
In reality, you live in the land of Oz if you reason like that)))..... The history of mankind teaches us ..... that the lesson is not learned and will be repeated endlessly). As long as you consider the proxy war in Ukraine separately from the global conflict between NATO countries (call it West) and China, Russia and other countries  (East), you will continue to ask questions without answers. You are both right and wrong at the same time, you, like me and everyone else, are just participants in Life. Enjoy it).

JFFulcrum

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:57 pm Post subject: Re: War in Ukraine? Reply with quote

Bungarra
Quote:

Russia made several satellite states on disputed territories, including DPR/LPR on Ukraine. Ukraine for 8 years planned and prepared for military operation for return, their right. Like in chess, when your pawn comes into danger, you should move your more powerful figures in offence or agree to lost the pawn. That is how a loose of pawn looks like. And Ukraine West superiors will likely close their eyes for resulting ethic cleanings and so on, like many times did in Balkans in in other regions. Some animals are less equal than others.

Quote:
Mr Fulcrum can post anything you can to support the Putins regime.

Who said i`m support it? I didn't vote for him since 2004.... I support my country, yes. Including, because i see no difference between Western neo-imperialism and 1913s-like neo-Russian imperialism - both use bad methods (FDR 'Somoza may be a son of a bitch, but he's our son of a bitch') and got bad results. Putin trying to change something, while Western leaders seems like don't even just pretend (and in a long time don`t even qualify as leaders).

I`m totally agree, that SVO fucked, in nearly all the ways: Russian internal policy, external policy, strategy, geostrategy, military, etc. Russia now have its own Ireland for Great Britain, and latest switches of Ukraine to open terrorists methods only confirms my opinion, someone should provide to Putin a book about Sinn Féin. For Chechnya it took 20+ years and billions spent to finally get some peace and even something useful from it. Restoration of relations with Ukraine will be ten times longer and costly. But, again like in chess, sometimes you have only options from bad moves, and i clearly foresee even worse possible scenarios for february 2022.

I have NO regrets/remorse about Ukraine as a state, even having multiple relatives in it (link with many of them already lost and i can only imagine about their fate). But, Ukrainian elites traded current and future of nations composed Ukraine for false prospects from US/EU and to feed their irrational greediness. To keep power, they undug the cursed nazi legacy and used most dirtiest and blatant soviet methods of propaganda and enforcement to sold themself as useful tool against Russia. The fire, the burn - their choose (votes for fascists paid by food packs from oligarchs), their deserved reward (again, not a single antiwar protest since 2014). Russia and russians, obviously, will deal with own outcomes.

Berger

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 12:21 pm Post subject: Re: War in Ukraine? Reply with quote

Quote:
it has made itself a vassal state of China

I don't think so because India (also a buyer of Russian oil and gas) would never allow it. There's also a cold war between India and China.

It's all about balance between powers.

Meanwhile new wars resumed or erupted: Armenia (sadly for armenians theres no direct supply line to Russia) vs Azerbaijan (good Turkish pawn and gas seller to UE) and Tayikistan vs Kirgisztan. Seems that CIA is doing a lot of good work disrupting Russian backyard.

JFFulcrum

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:01 pm Post subject: Re: War in Ukraine? Reply with quote

Quote:
The War is far from over and I fail to see how Nato will not be involved in the end.

Unlikely Germany or France will step into Ukrainian conflict directly. Even while their current leaders are like hand puppets, with big US hand in the ass, self-preservation instinct will defer them from such a mishap. But, for my prediction, a new alliance on east borders of Europe will arose, i'm personally designate it as PISS (Poland Is Seriously Strong), will include Poland and Baltic states, may be Romania, and likely additions from neo-europeans like Georgia and Moldova. It will also incorporate some Ukrainian Foreign Legions. PISS will be greeted by both US and EU and western military help will be redirected in to it, operating in Ukrainian theatre and enjoying rears safety provided by NATO's 5th Article of Charter.

Berger

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:26 am Post subject: Re: War in Ukraine? Reply with quote

Link

dj

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:16 pm Post subject: Re: War in Ukraine? Reply with quote

Some good historical "what if" comparisons on video.  11:05 mark of video is something that appears to be very real threat for Autocratic-Mafia Russian state.  Putin regime reveres old glory days of Soviet Union, state run media, banning dissent, murder of journalists, torture and murder of unarmed civilian populations, forced imprisonment & relocation of Ukrainian civilians.  Ironically Russian state has become far more like Czar state than Soviet revolutionary state.  We know what happened a little over 100 years ago.  Czar military also suffered from dysfunctional command, troops didn't have enough food / rations / reinforcements.  Also it has been said Russian troops have been drinking heavily.  100 years later, not much has changed Russia still suffering from similar problems.  If Putin declares martial law and forced conscriptions, that will be extremely expensive and may cause revolt.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 48, 49, 50  Next

Jump to: