Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1214
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Author
SlithMan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:55 am Post subject: KV-1?? Reply with quote

The mod is awesome!! but the KV - 1's are indestrucible, 2 88's opend fire from 224 meters, and nothing, they just turned and blew the guns up. I know the KV 1 had a lot of armor but 88's from that range, on side shots should be punching holes.

elmomother

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 10:07 am Post subject: Re: KV-1?? Reply with quote

SlithMan wrote:
The mod is awesome!! but the KV - 1's are indestrucible, 2 88's opend fire from 224 meters, and nothing, they just turned and blew the guns up. I know the KV 1 had a lot of armor but 88's from that range, on side shots should be punching holes.

I know, they do seem quite indestructible. I had a whole battalion of them land on me, they just knocked out every AT gun and tank in sight. They would have long rolled me off that map if it weren't for the accursed AI. They just sit there, complacent with the 3 yards of territory they won from me, and I just have to sit and wait on the timer. I actually managed to destory one once - quite amazing to me: first shot, with an 88 from several 100m away. Razz

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 11:11 am Post subject: Reply with quote

PzIVG kills KV, another one showed up...

ordered PzIV to fire...turret turns and SHOT!

Last SP(PzGren40) shell payed itself.

Single SP shell of FlaK36 killed entire crew of KV.

KV is not invincible...just tough enemy. But has it's disadvantages...low rate of fire and accuracy of it's ZIS-5 gun, very slow turret traverse(almost 3times slower than PzIVG has) and slow speed.

LapsedPacifist

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 11:13 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I ran into a bunch of KV-1s at the southern train station but managed to dispatch them with relative ease with Mark IIIs and Mark IVs by getting in behind them at close range (100m or so). Maybe I was just lucky?

SNAFU

MarcinT

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 8:40 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

In my case i found that is very difficult to knocked out tank (PzIII or PZIV) by ATgun 45mm --- i played many missions and always i get knocked out my atgun before i knocek out any tank ------- even in case that atgun are goo hidden in buldings. In one sentence ---> One tank shoot - one atgun destroyed !

Marcin T - Poland

Dima

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:41 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

45mm obr.37 wasn't good in 1942 due to quality of AP shells.
Gv 45mm has 3 SP(sub-caliber) shells and regular 45mm has 1SP shell.Nov,MP doesn't have SP shells.But SP shells r very inaccurate.

AP:51mm@100m.
SP:100mm@100m.

So it's better to use 45mm vs side/rear of german tanx,especially PzIII.

In comparison PTRD/S could make 42mm@100m.

MarcinT

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 10:08 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Dima wrote:
45mm obr.37 wasn't good in 1942 due to quality of AP shells.
Gv 45mm has 3 SP(sub-caliber) shells and regular 45mm has 1SP shell.Nov,MP doesn't have SP shells.But SP shells r very inaccurate.

AP:51mm@100m.
SP:100mm@100m.

So it's better to use 45mm vs side/rear of german tanx,especially PzIII.

In comparison PTRD/S could make 42mm@100m.

I figure out this and prefer to get PTRD team instead of 45mm obr.37 --- they could destroy PZIV too and they are small and hard to discover !!!

I love PzIV burning from PTRD bullets Twisted Evil

p.s - when German didn't have tank - it is better to choose ATG 45mm Smile

ANZAC_Tack

Rep: 22.3
votes: 1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 12:33 pm Post subject: im loving... Reply with quote

the 45mm ATG HE shells on infantry! oh what a gun! and yes, if hidden on ambush, then fire 1 rd in say wooded area, then back to ambush is one of the few ways to survive, never take on those blasted 20mm Zksrecon armoured cars...they are ATG killers! use the ATrifles, the semi auto is just so good, in a bld with commander behind them...i always carry 2.

espree de corp

Manoi

Rep: 89.5
votes: 7

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:12 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

for KV, I have just taken out one KV at 200m range (in H2H) by 75 mmPak 41. So it is hard but possible! Wink

__Creeper__

Rep: 54.4

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 1:10 am Post subject: Reply with quote

do the Russian AT rifles cause german tanks to explode?

If so, did you guys consider giveing the AT rifles a 0 blast size? this will allow the rifles to penatrate the armor as normal, causeing casualties inside the tank,, but this change will prevent the bullets from blowing up the tank

Iv only played a couple battles against the AI so far, so I havent seen much of this games units in action, but one of the above posters said he likes seeing a flameing tank from AT rifle team, so I thought Id post

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 1:38 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Creeper... That sounds cool.... it would also let the enemy capture tanks.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Dima

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 8:16 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If so, did you guys consider giveing the AT rifles a 0 blast size? this will allow the rifles to penatrate the armor as normal, causeing casualties inside the tank,, but this change will prevent the bullets from blowing up the tank

maybe u mean -1? w/o graphics at all? as 0=tiny explosion.

but anyway yer statement is incorrect.

MarcinT

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:35 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes - You can burn Pz from PTRD/PTRS - but usaally I only able to kill/wound crew, immobilize or damage tank. I sporadicaly burn tanks with atriffles - but i must say that is wonderfull view and feelings Twisted Evil

Dima (or someone else) - do You have any photos or documents that say that PZIV or PZIII are totally exploded in cause of hit from ATRifles ? This should quiet this unbelievers on forum, who don't believe in that Wink

Dima

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 1:36 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

tanx explode coz of 2 events(in 90% cases):

1)ammunition hit.
2)fuel system damaged.

any shell/round penetrating armor can cause explosion if hit ammunition or fuel system Wink .

but!
In most cases single penetration by shell/round will force crew to bail out in real life(no matter if tank caught fire or not). In CC they don't do it.

__Creeper__

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:55 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry, its been a very long time since Iv tinkered with the data, so I forgot to mention that you also have to change the primary and valid target to "infantry"

and yes, I meant -1 no blast image

it works for sure, I just tested 15 Tiger VS 15 cromwell

with the modified tiger 88 L/56

results, all cromwell tanks/crews abandoned/dead at battles end, none exploded, all were picked apart by the tigers, crewman by crewman

took a while to wipe them all out, but it worked

__Creeper__

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:01 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

ok ok, primary target can remain as vehicle

just change "valid target" to terrain instead of infantry

Dima

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:40 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

creeper,

i told u why that is not acceptable for ATRs.

__Creeper__

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 3:47 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

no you didnt

primary target can remain as vehicle

valid target can be terrain

whats wrong with that?

neither of these values makes infantry a valid target

remember, yesderday we had not yet discovered that primary target may remain as vehicle, so theres no way that we discussed this option

anyway, Ill test it and see what happens

-----------------------------------------------------------

in case anyones confused about what were talking about

on gamespy we talked, and tested setting primary and valid target both to "infantry" and blast size to -1

dima tested it, and though it works, it also allows the AT rifle to fire at infantry, wich is too deadly because of the high kill rateing of the AT rifle (needed to penatrate tank armor)

so it was indeed unacceptable to allow infantry as a primary or valid target

-----------------------------------------------------------

tested it, and sadly, "primary = Vehicle" and "Valid = terrain" also, for some reason, allows the team to fire at infantry with the AT rifle

so I guess we cant have non explosive AT rifles, without the side effect of them fireing at infantry

oh well, it wasnt a big deal anyway

alberich

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:10 am Post subject: Indestructible KV-1s Reply with quote

Hi SlithMan,

following your post I was quite worried before I encountered my first squadron on KV-1s.

However, in my experience, a whole PaK-front (Ideally two or three 88s or the PaK 36 (r)) plus one from an angle (the PaK 38 will do nicely) is enough to do the job properly - at least when playing the AI mod.

I figure that with sufficient CC III RealRed practice under your belt you will be able to prevail.

Hope this helps

alberich

Pzt_Kevin_dtn

Rep: 10.9

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:12 pm Post subject: @#$%@* KV-1's Reply with quote

I'm reopening the KV-1 indestructible issue. Playing Hill 120 map against Heavy Tank KV-1 BG. Playing as the Germans, I placed 3 88's and several more AT guns. I shot one KV-1 tank TWELVE (12) times with 2 seperate 88's and did not even dent it. No immobilization, nor crew injury, NOTHING! I got frustrated and exited before battle was over to replay. During replay the same exact thing happens regardless of whether I hit the KV-1 in the rear, front or side and at decent range, ALL survive with no damage. I have played this map with the KV BG 4 separate times and the same results each time. CAN'T kill the KV-1 with any German AT weapon. 3rd time got in dual with 88 and KV-1 and I fired 10 rounds at full LOS, well within effective range and AGAIN nothing. Just another dead 88 and a KV-1 that "moon walks" back and forth.

- In a separate instance I have faced a KV-1 (Differnt BG with 1 or 2 KV-1's available) assigned to a different battle group and was successful in knocking one out with a single shot with a far inferior gun. BUT the Heavy tank KV-1 BATTEL GROUP (not sure of unit name) seems to be indestructible. I have now taken the approach of cutting off their supply. BUT I can't kill a single one of them. I did immobolize 4 with artillery barrage but I cannot kill these tanks in this BG. Confused

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> CC5 Stalingrad
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to: