Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1212
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Author
Pzt_Kevin_dtn

Rep: 10.9

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:44 pm Post subject: Re: KV-1?? Reply with quote

OK after a long time, I am changing my opinion of the KV-1 tanks.  I got sick of playing Utah1.3 and GJS and recently (last 2 months) started fighting Stalingrad GC extensively against 3-4 different human opponents and have found that the KV tanks can be destroyed.  The MarkIV with is 75mm gun has faired well and surprisingly the Pak38 with its 50mm gun has been devastating.  I've had two separate guns that have killed 4 KV-1's with the first or second shot.  Also the PzIII with its 50mm gun has faired very well especially in close range (within 100 meters).  I will note that most of the successful kills have occured inside the closer ranges of 100/150 meters.  The long ranges duels are not as successful but I have scored some kills with the MarkIV at a longer range.  Overall across the 3 GC's I have going I have probably killed over 30 KV's so far.  So they obviously can be brought down.

LoneRebel

Rep: 9.8

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:56 am Post subject: FlaK 36 destroys KV-1s at half-kilometer range Reply with quote

In my playthrough, the Soviet heavy tank BG attacked Hill 120 - a map with several large open fields. They could hardly have chosen a better map to use the heavy tank BG on. I had only an infantry BG defending the area. I tried engaging the KV-1s as close as possible with PaK 38s, FlaK 36s, and StuG IIICs, but although it seemed to work at first, in succeeding battles I kept losing all my AT and assault guns without knocking out a single KV-1.

I decided for a change of plans, until I could bring a Panzer BG in. I hid my remaining StuGs away (the StuG IIICs gun is woefully inadequate against KV-1s anyway), and put the BG's last FlaK 36 on the main road, around halfway across the map from the Soviet deploy (Hilll 120 is a rather large map). I noticed that the Soviets always deployed at least 1 KV-1 on the main road, so by putting a gun there I could engage that one tank without being seen by the others deployed on the fields.

By doing this, I was able to use that one last FlaK 36 to destroy one KV-1 per battle, at ranges of around 500 meters (it's currently destroyed four). However, trying to use PaK 38s to destroy KV-1s from ranges of around 300 meters never seems to work, even from the side.

All the KV-1s the FlaK 36 destroyed were the regular variety. I don't know how effective this tactic would be against the KV-1 (e), which fortunately has never been deployed on the main road. I was able to kill two crew members and damage the KV-1 (e) with both an artillery strike and an airstrike, so I hope that takes it out of commission for the next battle.

dgfred

Rep: 63.1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:55 pm Post subject: Re: KV-1?? Reply with quote

I have been successful against the KV1s using Pak 41 and Pak 38 from the sides. My best killer was with a captured T70... knocked out a KV1 and 2 T34/41s in one battle. Funny thing was the T34s and KV1 both had shots on the T70... but it held out after being hit 4 or 5 times with no damage.

I am using Real Vlad... don't know if this effects how the Russians 'see' the opposing Germans.

Seems if I don't take a tank out with the first shot from a Pak or even a Stugf ... it is probably gone.

Sports Freak/ CC Commander/ Panzerblitz Commander

dgfred

Rep: 63.1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:15 pm Post subject: Re: KV-1?? Reply with quote

That Hill 120 map is giving me fits. The Russians have a divisional gun somewhere every battle devastating my guys. I can't see it or find it. I go to another area of the map to do battle... then come back to find whole units destroyed sneaking across the fields. I have captured the exit VL and the entire road... but the fields still have alot of unexplored areas.

The map is sooo big... to protect my captured VLs and important positions somewhere is usually weak. Just happens to always be where 3 or 4 Russian infantry teams decide to charge me.

Good battles even tho against the AI.  Cool

A couple of mental or stragegic mistakes can really take a toll on the German Inf divisions armor support. Got to be aggressive... but careful.

Sports Freak/ CC Commander/ Panzerblitz Commander

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> CC5 Stalingrad
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Jump to: