Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1222
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Author
stiener

Rep: 46.4
votes: 3

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:12 am Post subject: are russian a/t rifles to powerfull? Reply with quote

has anyone else found the russian a/t rifles are king of the battlefield?
ive lost 80% of my german tks....stugs mostly, to med and long range a/t rifle fire. fairly accurate fire i might add.

is this realistic?
my knowledge of the a/t rifle is not that great but i was under the impression that by this time in the war that the a/t rifle was all but useless against most german armour but the pz 2's and a/c's etc. there even taking out my a/t guns!
the stug 3 had some reasonable armour by this point in the war especially the higher models of stug.
can any one shed some light on this please?

also the a/t rifle sounds like a large caliber a/t gun shooting......maybe we should tone that down a hair?

nice mod tho......im looking forward to playing more of it.

WHEN THE PIN IS PULLED "MR GRENADE"IS NOT OUR FRIEND !

WH

Rep: -0

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:10 am Post subject: Reply with quote

This may be off the topic, but my opinion is that most of AT units, not to mention AT rifle, in Stalingrad mod is damn powerful. It seems that AT crew is more experiecned and professional than regular infantry troopers in infantry finghting. They are really good at attacking enemy infantries with grenades. Moreover, they are not suceptible to enemy samll arm fire easily. They are the king of battle field..haha
ps)This is just my personal opinion. Never mind.

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:22 am Post subject: Reply with quote

StuGIIIE/F frontal armor was 50mm
PzIVG frontal armor was 50mm
PzIIIJ frontal armor was 60mm

PTRD/S could penetrate 42mm@100m.
In Stalingrad they don't kill tanx often but disable them and that's pretty accurate.
Why do u think germans began to apply shuerzen on their tanx?
Btw one of 37 KO Panther at Kursk was lost to ATR.

Last edited by Dima on Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:31 am; edited 1 time in total

Pzt_Wruff

Rep: 17.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:23 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering the disapointing performance of my T34's so far in my first Stalingrad op I would say the russian AT rifles are fine. The panzers in this mod are just damned tough to crack compared to the T-34.
PzIII's regularly win duels with T34's at considerable range. Not to mention the heavier german armor. And the T-70's are no match for the panzers. Thick skinned, but way outgunned.

I've found the AT rifles to be more of a deterent than a tank "killer". I feel lucky to immobilize a panzer with the russian AT rifle.

Dima

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:40 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Wruff,

try to maneuvre with T34s Wink
and maybe u gonna c such pictures instead Very Happy .

CavScout

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:51 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that the T-34's seemed outgunned by the German tanks and StuGs. However, I'm leaning towards what Dima mentioned; Need to double up (2 to 1) and flank as much as possible. Head to head the T-34 won't win, but getting in some good side shot's whenever possible could do the trick.

T-70 work nicely against the German A/C's, Marders, and infantry. Other than that they don't last long against German tanks.

As to the original topic. I love having these handy AT rifles, and have already manage to take out a StuG with one.

stiener

Rep: 46.4
votes: 3

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:15 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Dima
well i must be the unluckyest SOB so far then......well there are others who agree with me.......because like i said, ive lost most of my stug 3's to a/t rifle fire......not disabled...destroyed.
my last opponant would take 4 to 6 a/t rifles and sit in buildings and woods and take me out at ranges farther than 100m.
so if the stug 3 and pz 4 have armour of 50 mm there is a problem.
there should be no way they could destroy a stug at ranges over 50 m.

WHEN THE PIN IS PULLED "MR GRENADE"IS NOT OUR FRIEND !

Dima

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:42 am Post subject: Reply with quote

steiner,

when ATR located in high building it aims top of vehicles and top armor is 16mm.

and if u know that there r ATRs in buildings,set smoke screen and move infantry while using yer vehicles to provide supporting fire;).

Anyway German player should be host to c where tracers come from.

MarcinT

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:45 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I've once ambushed with my PTRD squad for incomin 2 PzIVG -- i didn't hurt them in front but when they a turn a little bit and show me theur side i start shooting/ambushin/shootin --- first PzIV exploded after third shoot. The second was more lucky - he get about 15 bullets and only little dameged. My ammo ended, but i go to my killed before PTRD Team and grab 20 bullets to my PTRD. And again shooting this damn PzIV. Do nothing but injured some of its crew. Do you imagine - first PzIV get 3 shoots and exploded, but the other one get more than 30 and only little damaged. Its depends on luck too. IMO - i love PTRD squad Very Happy

Why T34/76 haven't chance H2H with PzIII ? Got a litle thinner but sloper hull armor and thicker turret armor. 76.2 of T43 is little better (in penetrate factor) than 5cm l42 and little worse than 5cm l60 - but bullet 76.2 mm had more destructable power than 5cm bullet. So why T34 (you say) haven't chance with Pz III. IMO strange.

Marcin T -Poland

MarcinT

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:47 am Post subject: Reply with quote

please delete this post

Dima

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:09 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Maddox wrote:
I agree that the T-34's seemed outgunned by the German tanks and StuGs.

Maddox,
u r not rite here. T34's gun can penetrate 90mm@100m so it can kill any german tank in Stalingrad with frontal shot at any range CC feutures(besides StuGIIIF(alte) that had 80mm of frontal armor).

Problem is that T34 had v bad allocation of shells and commander was gunner in same time. These things made F-34 gun v slow - about 2-2.5 times slower than KwK40(PzIVG).And of coz bad sights increased that disadvantage.

But in same time T34 has better overall armor, faster turret and better mobility. So to win panzers u should use all advantages and not forget of disadvantages. Smile

Nembo

Rep: 36.7

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 1:33 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Every thing seems great so far in the mod. Only thing I seen is several of my tanks get immobilised by the russian 82mm mortars. Is that accurate?

-Nembo

MarcinT

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 5:11 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

If 82mm explode near track, and with a little bit of luck (luck for russians of course) there ist chance to broke a track. And without track you can only turn around, and turn around Rolling Eyes

Dima

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 6:42 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Nembo,

that's CC5 bug Sad . Don't know how to solve it actually.

GS_Schimpf

Rep: 3.3

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:58 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

If it only happens very seldom, I'm ok with it.
You should not forget that tanks also need wheels to keep their tracks on the ground. Jusdt imagine that the mortar shell damaged those wheels or the suspension.

Visit the famous German Soldiers

WW2 Gaming since 1999

CavScout

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:03 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Dima wrote:
Maddox wrote:
I agree that the T-34's seemed outgunned by the German tanks and StuGs.

Maddox,
u r not rite here. T34's gun can penetrate 90mm@100m so it can kill any german tank in Stalingrad with frontal shot at any range CC feutures(besides StuGIIIF(alte) that had 80mm of frontal armor).

Problem is that T34 had v bad allocation of shells and commander was gunner in same time. These things made F-34 gun v slow - about 2-2.5 times slower than KwK40(PzIVG).And of coz bad sights increased that disadvantage.

But in same time T34 has better overall armor, faster turret and better mobility. So to win panzers u should use all advantages and not forget of disadvantages. Smile

I've only had a few experiences with them so far, so maybe after playing this mod some more I'll get a better feel for this tank.

Thanks for the hard work Dima!

MarcinT

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:08 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

GS_Schimpf wrote:
If it only happens very seldom, I'm ok with it.
You should not forget that tanks also need wheels to keep their tracks on the ground. Jusdt imagine that the mortar shell damaged those wheels or the suspension.

Agree ! There is always chance that 82mm shell damage a track or wheel ... just use imagine Wink

Pzt_Mac

Rep: 3.4

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:51 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the ATG's are great Smile

There was a German AT rocket launcher available around this time, but maybe not until '43, I'm not sure. The Raketenwehr 8.8cm which came on a sled (for the snowy conditions), and fired one rocket at a time, like the shrek. Was this used in the first Stalingrad battle?

Nembo

Rep: 36.7

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:00 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

No the "Puppechen" (not sure on the spelling) didn't come out till later.

Just asked on about the mortars because I have had that happen several different times. In one case three of my tanks got immobilised by mortars along with a halftrack in about a 20 second time period. Must be my luck.

But I must say I was shocked at first at the how easy it was to kill the T-34 and how stubborn the little T-70s are.

-Nembo

MarcinT

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:51 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Has PTRS faster reloading (it have 5 bullets clip) than PTRD (no clip) ? And what You prefer to use - PTRS or PTRD ? PTRS has clip magazine, but was heavier and got less reliability ( i read) than PTRD.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> CC5 Stalingrad
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Jump to: