Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1213
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Author
mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:11 am Post subject: Full Version of CC2 now hosted, discuss it here.... Reply with quote

Full Version: http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=7

- Read the disclaimer 1st
- Post your thoughts

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Last edited by mooxe on Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

Nembo

Rep: 36.7

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:46 am Post subject: Reply with quote

You already know where I stand on this subject Mooxe so I won't go on about that.

On the brighter side at least its a ISO image and not one of those hacked up versions from the underdogs.

-Nembo

CarpeNoctem

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:50 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this sort of action definitely falls under the spirit of fair use. I can not see any motivations due to money nor personal gain; I do see advancements in the community being the only motivation here.

In analyzing the 4 factors of fair use

1. This is not for commerical use. (has A LOT of weight in fair use)
2. The nature of the copyrighted work is that it's copyrighted and it's very old. (important I think that it's old. I would be screaming to take it down if it wasn't published yet [ex. Falcon 4.0 source codes] or recently published [as in those on P2P, in general].)
3. The amount 'taken'. The whole piece of software is being served.
4. Effects of potential market. (has A LOT of weight in fair use)

In closing, this is not for commerical use, it is copyrighted material and very old, the amount of material in question is complete and the effects of the market can only help the CC series. Given these points I would say this is fair use.

Best regards,

CN

PS. Fair use and copyright laws are in place to protect and defend both sides of the coin. In the past you, as a consumer, had the right to copy and print complete novels and pass out to whomever. Publishers jumped on board with this idea because a property of that idea was, 'who's going to allocate the resources to copy that novel?' In the 70's this was redefined and extened to include phonograph records, and the tapes were looked at as phonographs. Now that every consumer has the ability to copy and pass out thousands of complete novels, records, tapes and cd's, etc.etc.etc. Publishers are reviewing their positions on fair use, not to solidify the spirit of fair use and copyright, but only in their personal interests. Which 90% of the time has NOTHING to do with art or science.

It puts the lotion on it's skin; or it gets the hose again!

CB_Recon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:46 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I think its a great idea. It will only boost users and intrest in this community. thanks Mooxe

Troger

Rep: 17.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:37 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely, thanks Mooxe for doing this.

By the way, Recon, would you happen to be KPB_Recon at one time?

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:15 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea because it is a game thats very hard to find and a few people do still mod it.
I wish all the versions could be downloaded without any grief.

However

I think you are taking an unneccassry risk by making it a free download.
I hope nothing bad comes from hosting it,it would be a shame to see CCS get shut down for trying to help out.
And if someone really wanted to use you as an exsample with legal matters the risk would then move over to your family as well.

And I hope this next statement doesnt get me blackballed but I have to wonder..........
Are your intentions here good or a means to continue to the flame war with CSO?

Sorry
I'm not taking sides,just wondering.

mooxe

Rep: 221.7

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:48 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael... its in the disclaimer I guess you didnt read..

Quote:
It is offered here on http://www.closecombatseries.net/ solely for the greater good of the Close Combat community, only good intentions are being carried out in hosting this game. It is not being made available for any ulterior motives.

The motivation behind hosting this game is as follows;

1. The owner of this software no longer actively supports the game or its gaming community;
2. this software is over 9 years old;
3. it is not available in the intended brand new retail form as it came from its distributer; and
4. many potential gamers are being turned away due to lack of availability.

If you as an individual of the community or representitive of the copywrite holder have a problem or concern with this game being hosted I encourage you to email me at mooxe [at] closecombatseries [dot] net with your comments and it will be answered to promptly.

This software will be removed from this site under the following conditions;

1. The current copywrite holder issues an order to do so; and/or
2. a considerable amount of valid, substantiated reasons regarding any damage to the community being caused by this software being hosted here are heard from the Close Combat community.

I know some people will want to report this to anti-piracy companies for the purpose of shutting down this server. Remember before you act on your impulses or own personal motivations realize that this has been done with all good intentions.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

sample

Rep: 59.6
votes: 4

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:29 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

mooxe, it's a good ideea as far as it wont cause for you any copyright problems with MS; on the other hand the underdog site it has it for more then a year and it's still available to download.

here in romania, CC2 wasn't released on market and i was forced to buy it from e-bay uk; and also for me it still remain the best game ever, something like an ever green.

cheers,
M.

www.mihaisurdea.com

CB_Recon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:40 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

To Troger: yes , i am KPB recon, and just bout every other Recon you've seen in the past on CC2 and CC3 Wink

Troger

Rep: 17.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:11 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Recon you kept on playing CC2, good stuff. Check your pm's, I'm pretty sure I was the guy who brought you into KPB, just don't remember my name.

JagdBoy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:25 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

okay as a newbie to the site, i just have a couple of questions about this download.

Does it differ from the original retail version (after patching)? If so, I hope there's been improvement to have it run under XP>

What is the term "ISO" mean. Now that shows I'm a newbie!!!

Very Happy

As for copyright issues I don't see an issue. they don't support the game anymore, they've given up on the franchise, and keeping it alive thru a download only helps to recruit future purchasers of their product if they ever do decide to revive it.

And hey, great site! I thought Close Combat had died a lonely death...

NOT!!!! :prostration

If you did it, own it. Don't spin it...

sample

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:33 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

JagdBoy wrote:
okay as a newbie to the site, i just have a couple of questions about this download.

Does it differ from the original retail version (after patching)? If so, I hope there's been improvement to have it run under XP>

What is the term "ISO" mean. Now that shows I'm a newbie!!!

Very Happy

As for copyright issues I don't see an issue. they don't support the game anymore, they've given up on the franchise, and keeping it alive thru a download only helps to recruit future purchasers of their product if they ever do decide to revive it.

And hey, great site! I thought Close Combat had died a lonely death...

NOT!!!! :prostration

An ISO image file is a duplicate copy of a complete CD-ROM disk saved in ISO-9660 format. ISO image files are widely used for storing CD content and quickly transferring it through the Internet. ISO is a common CD image format for DOS, Windows (Joliet ISO extension), Linux (RockRidge ISO extension), and other operating systems. Undisker can create ISO images from CDs, open ISO CD image files, and extract files directly from ISO images.

once you downloaded the cc2.iso file, you could open it with the daemon tool (found here http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/download.php)

if you have problems with it send a pm or here in the forum

cheers,
M.

www.mihaisurdea.com

king_tiger_tank

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:16 am Post subject: Reply with quote

i have trobules with the download(i have an XP(worst computer in the world)).it will only take it as a compressed folder and when i go to decompress it. it says that the file is corrupted or invalid. what's wrong and that website link doesn't work Sad

What would H Jones do?

sample

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:36 am Post subject: Reply with quote

king_tiger_tank wrote:
i have trobules with the download(i have an XP(worst computer in the world)).it will only take it as a compressed folder and when i go to decompress it. it says that the file is corrupted or invalid. what's wrong and that website link doesn't work Sad

did you try to download an another zip file from a complet diferent site to see if your XP perform in the same maner ?

regards,
M.

www.mihaisurdea.com

king_tiger_tank

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:56 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

is it on different sites? if it is i'll try to find it.

What would H Jones do?

Pzt_penguin

Rep: 0.5

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:40 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

@ King Tiger - All Cd images will come up as a archive, but if you get dameon
tools it should work fine. The other option is alcohol 140% a very good program for working with CD Images, but cost money.

@ Mooxe - I think its great your offering cc2 and I doubt they will hunt you
down over copyright infrigment. Big brother is really cracking down on stuff
like this espicaly torrent sites and its a lill worse if its on your own server. example
The ppl that house your server might unplug you if they find out. IMO maybe you should offer it as a Bittorrent file. I know bittorent kinda sucks cause ppl
need to seed the file but atleast its not on your server. plus if ppl want it they
should seed the file thats my 2 cents.

used to be pzt penguin Smile

Pzt_Kami

Rep: 44.2

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:54 am Post subject: Help Mooxe Reply with quote

Thank you Mooxe for CC2 full vesrsion
Can you explain how can I download it and,I mean waht files and where
should I download.
Thank you

Women are like flowers, I appreciate their beauty and fragrance without picking them off the branch, then I continue on to the next flower

king_tiger_tank

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:15 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

it was a good idea, but i couldn't stand having to go through the trobule to find out i have to spend $$$ on buying a CD writing software. Sad

What would H Jones do?

Pzt_Crackwise

Rep: 64.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 8:56 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey mooxe I don't see a "download full version CC2" link on the CC2 section of the downloads. Is the file removed?

aikmen

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 6:42 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont see it either, and I downloaded the Afrika MOD for it and I really want to play it..... stupid girlfriend threw out my CD.......... DAMN U TO HELL!!

Aikmen

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess -> Site Info
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Jump to: