Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Author
Buck_Compton

Rep: 64.6
votes: 9

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:17 pm Post subject: News update Reply with quote

Hey guys,

As most of you will know i started a mod about the fightings in south west of the netherlands about 2 years ago. i have made some progressions here is a small update.

Maps: the 12 maps concerning the Walcheren isle are finished. i have made some new updates to them concering railways, and roofs. aslo i resized the veere and vlissingen maps as they where far to large in my opinion.
Also i recieved some new aerials so i can start new maps. One of these is allready in progress (vlake bridge) this is the bridge over the canal of beveland one of the major german defense line after the canadians fully surrounded the german troops in the estuary. with help of dodam i'm making this map Smile as you could have seen in 1 of the previews. Also Norden, Jimrm and Peter give me great support in making of textures and designing new ones by myself, or aquiring a high realism setting.
I'm still looking for aerials of the belgian area around antwerp and the Zeeuws vlaanderen region.

Interface: I repainted the background image wich now contains pictures taken in the scheldt region. also i redid the bgroup unit pictures. also i invitire Norden to make a new stratmap for me as the current one is still temporary.

Data & Sound: After long doubts between my current data writer i chose to continue with the new type of cc5 data made by Dima wich should give a diffrent representation of warfare at that time. his knowledge of ammunintion effects vehicle armour etc is gigantic. and seen the fact we work toghether in more projects (OMG, Stalingrad) i'm sure his work will be astonnishing. In the summer periode of 2005 he also created a new set of sounds wich are more realistic and suited to the periode place and weather in this region at that time.

I can't really tell anything about ETA's so please dont ask us, its done when its done Smile

Cheers Buck

If you are short of everything but enemy, you are in the combat zone.

AA_Megadeth

Rep: 9

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:01 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I am looking forward to this mod very much, it sounds like its going to be very good. I would make a small suggestion though.

Please dont follow the trend that was set by GJS and then replicated by Stalingrad: leave the fighting tactical AI intact from the original games. Recent mods have disabled or reduced the behaviour that made the game realistic, that is teams engaging on their own initiative when presented with a target in their fire arc while on defensive mode. I am not sure what they did to change this but it amounts to situations like tanks/infantry not firing at targets right in front of them in the open. The game was not designed to play like a RTS, you shouldnt be running around clicking on fire orders for everyone, you should be losing men and equipment because you didnt pay attention enough to give a fire order, you shouldnt be swept off the map because someone is faster with the mouse, so I urge you to avoid the same mistake that GJS and Stalingrad modders made.

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:58 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, we've heard that already Very Happy.

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1703&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

AA_Megadeth

Rep: 9

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:21 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

you may have, but I was talking to buck.

Buck_Compton

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:28 pm Post subject: Re: News update Reply with quote

Buck_Compton wrote:

Data & Sound: After long doubts between my current data writer i chose to continue with the new type of cc5 data made by Dima wich should give a diffrent representation of warfare at that time. his knowledge of ammunintion effects vehicle armour etc is gigantic. and seen the fact we work toghether in more projects (OMG, Stalingrad) i'm sure his work will be astonnishing. In the summer periode of 2005 he also created a new set of sounds wich are more realistic and suited to the periode place and weather in this region at that time.

Cheers Buck

This should give you an idea why he is replying to you and not me Wink

Cheers Buck

Buck_Compton

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:17 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys,

Another Small news update from my side. The Following has been done:

Maps:
All maps in the area of walcheren beveland and brabant are done except for Antwerp Collijnsplaat and Ossendrecht. Also some maps are on the list of being redone : Biervliet, Braakman, Putte, Hoofdplaat and 52nd (lowland) Div LZ

Textures:
Norden is working on textures as good and as hard as he can. for the months August and July is he on holidays so i'm not expecting results until september. to keep up with his work check out the thread: http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=2614

Data:
Dima Has started working on the data. As far as i know he had done the weapons and vehicle file and has now started to work on the Teams and Force pools. He will update you guys in a later stage of progress.

Graphics:
In the last 3 days I have worked on a major part of the screengdg file mostly redoing the Unit pictures in the battlegroup screen and on the stratmap. but also commander pictures and bgroup names and map names. other then that i also set the time line for the game wich will be from 15oct - 8nov
Also there might be someone able to help me on Vehicle graphs as i'm unable to do that myself. This guy (popov)claims to work for ubisoft. But i havnt heard from him in a while so its keeping fingers crossed weather he will produce something or not.

I hope to have informed you well enough

Cheers Buck

Pzt_Kevin_dtn

Rep: 10.9

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:19 pm Post subject: Keep it up Reply with quote

Keep up the good work. I wish I knew how to develop a mod. I'm one of those leeches that sits back waiting for you to do all the hard work and then benefit from your efforts. Thanks for your work.

Buck_Compton

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:11 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys,

Small update of things i changed in last months:

Maps:

-Hoogerheide, Wildert, Wouwse Plantage and Bergen op Zoom Finished
-Obj Mallard has been deleted instead for Groenenburg map.
-Also new textures from Norden are slowly put in to the maps. fe new trees walls and bushes

Data:

-Dima Should send me a set of data within few days so i can adapt graphs to it.

Graphs:

-Victory pics Finished
-Stratmap and strateditor graphs redone and organized (incl cc5.exe)
-Busy importing Newly aquired tank graphs and testing them

Sounds:

-Dima fixed the music file. Using a part of the Dance of the Knights - Prokofiev

Video:

-Trying to import the Scheldt house Cleaning movie in to the intro movie

stiener

Rep: 46.4
votes: 3

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:31 am Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like a great mod. keep us updated! Smile

WHEN THE PIN IS PULLED "MR GRENADE"IS NOT OUR FRIEND !

Buck_Compton

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:32 pm Post subject: New Years update Reply with quote

Hey guys,

a bit of a new years update on the game progress of battle of the scheldt:

Data & Sounds:
Just before holidays did Dima finally send me a copy of his data for the scheldt mod. unfortunally some files (geteams) got mixed up. wich makes the game unuseable until het can get acces to the right files we need. so i'm only able to tell what i could see so far (allied bg's) wich look very nice an realistic. I hope we can start playing the game in the near future. Sounds is still the same only the weapons need to be linked up to the right sounds Wink

Maps:
I'm kind of bogged down in the map section. Norden hasnt been able to send me some new textures as he is very busy with his study. also i have some difficulties with finding the last remainder of aerials wich i'm looking for. as they are very expensive.

Graphics:
I have redone a lot of pictures. To start with the background i changed the 2nd draft from the background into the 3rd wich shows the player a side view of a vickers mmg platoon dug in behind a dike somewhere on the south side of the scheldt. also i changed a whole amount of pictures concerning the allies now using photo's taken in the scheldt region.

I hope to have informed u guys well enough

Cheers Buck

Pzt_Mac

Rep: 3.4

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:40 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info, Buck. You go the whole community excited for this Smile Keep up the good work guys!

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:21 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good Buck_Compton!

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:49 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update, Buck!
Looking forward to playing the finished product!

Pzt_Kevin_dtn

Rep: 10.9

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:02 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

looking forward to the finished product.

_dtn

Buck_Compton

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:12 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully will dima send me the data and sound mod today or somewhere in this week;)

Cheers Buck

Pzt_Coyote

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:05 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait to command the prinses irene brigade to battle Razz

Chef- " I just wanted to learn how to fucking cook man!"

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:18 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Can't wait to command the prinses irene brigade to battle

no PIB in Scheldt Wink.

Pzt_Coyote

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:15 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh , well they were there allright Sad And i thought you were talking about OMG anyway Razz

Can't wait to wreck some Dutch towns in Zeeland Laughing

Chef- " I just wanted to learn how to fucking cook man!"

Buck_Compton

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:58 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Pzt_Coyote wrote:
Oh , well they were there allright Sad And i thought you were talking about OMG anyway Razz

Can't wait to wreck some Dutch towns in Zeeland Laughing

Hey Coyote,

You will be able to wreck enough towns in this mod. Also i'm planning to change a lot of texture's but also a few new maps. Hopefully will dima be able to send me some new data so i can start to work with my maps Wink

Cheers Buck

ps there will be a pib bg within the omg mod Wink

stiener

Rep: 46.4
votes: 3

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:04 am Post subject: Reply with quote

both mods coming out at the same time?? Razz

WHEN THE PIN IS PULLED "MR GRENADE"IS NOT OUR FRIEND !

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Mods by Buck and Pete -> CC5 Battle of the Scheldt
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Jump to: