Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1220
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
poli

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:29 pm Post subject: Any news on CC6? Reply with quote

I read the thread in CSo, but find thier forum a tad "overwelming" in a messy kind of way. I was wondering if any of the CCS Commanders could give us laymen the lowdown on projected CC6.

"What is your major malfunction ?????"

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:14 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I read... Sounds like Simteks proposal is at Destineer for approval. Once they get approval they will go ahead, but as of yesterday from Beeblebrox's post "nothing is carved in stone" says theres nothing official to go ahead with. Heres what I think is going to happen if they get approval... They will base CC6 off one of the current games, probably some newer version of CCM. New features will be added, which they havent totally decided on. I highly doubt CC6 will be constructed from the ground up as an entirely new game.

Beeblebrox also posted another thread called CC: The Dark Side about things in the current versions that could be made better. I smell patch! Probably for the original series 1 thru 5. Probably not 1, infact probably only 2 or 3 of them.

Anyways, thats all my opinion based on what I read. Hopefully they get approval!

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

poli

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:17 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the update Mooxe! I had hoped for a new 'ground-up" version of CC, but, well, here hoping..

I want wheather effects!!! imagine a Bar squad sneaking by some tanks in heavy rain at a flat run.

ANZAC_Tack

Rep: 22.3
votes: 1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:38 am Post subject: im waiting Reply with quote

I have played the latest CCM by simtec, it has heaps of new features ive posted before, but i cant see a new version coming in near future. i would love to see a ccv patch with ccm4 features,this is my dream.....

espree de corp

Pzt_Mac

Rep: 3.4

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:56 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, that's a tasty thought - a CC5 patch that has CCM4 components.

Only time will tell what they come up with.

TTorpedo

Rep: 23.5

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:13 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

beeblebox as already stated it will be the same engine "fixed"..so top down view Laughing ..

Beeblebrox

Rep: 0.4

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:11 am Post subject: Reply with quote

We are crossing our fingers...

As Mooxe carefully (and quite rightly) qualifies the prospect for CC6 as being 'not carved in stone', never-the-less I do believe that the prospects are very good to get started in the near future.

Of course you are all very welcome at the CSO Forums despite it being 'a tad "overwelming" in a messy kind of way' Wink - don't panic! No offense taken Smile) to make your contributions to the Threads on this Subject. There is a Set in the General Forum (Poll, Dark Side, Ideas), and a Free Poll on the Main Site.

However, if you wanted to gather together here and do the same sort of thing, I for one would be very encouraged. I would certainly collate all feedback and statistics from you with our own to make a more comprehensive analysis. The only objective is to encourage a better prospect for CC6.

If we are fortunate enough to go ahead with CC6, I would like to see it have very strong Community involvement, and you are a strong part of the Community.

Anyways, well done all. Keep up the good work! I can't drop in here very consistently I am sorry to say (just too busy), but I will try and poke my nose in more often if I can Wink. Let me know if you think there is anything I can help with.

BB

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:05 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think there will be a patch for past games. I think they will spend some time test for the bugs people post to see if they are still in the CCM code and then work to add a new strat level and theater for the campaign/operation. So if you want to have some say in how things might be following these links;

Poll: Close Combat 6 should be set in which Theatre/Campaign?
http://www.closecombat.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10436

CC6 Strat Level Ideas?
http://www.closecombat.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10442

CC Bugs?
http://www.closecombat.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10440

Nomada_Firefox

Rep: 32.9
votes: 9

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:39 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
From what I read... Sounds like Simteks proposal is at Destineer for approval. Once they get approval they will go ahead, but as of yesterday from Beeblebrox's post "nothing is carved in stone" says theres nothing official to go ahead with. Heres what I think is going to happen if they get approval... They will base CC6 off one of the current games, probably some newer version of CCM. New features will be added, which they havent totally decided on. I highly doubt CC6 will be constructed from the ground up as an entirely new game.

Good if simteks want try sell us a CC decaffeinated or one CCM with hormones, I think that Destineer better should tell them "No".

I waited a Close Combat Red Phoenix and not one CCM with a new image and if Destineer tells simtek "No", it will be probably because they go to release the Red Phoenix.

"Nada escapa a mis dominios".
Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site
(Only www.FirefoxCCMods.com is a English web site).

CSO_Sbufkle

Rep: 32.2

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:28 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Good if simteks want try sell us a CC decaffeinated or one CCM with hormones, I think that Destineer better should tell them "No".

Give me a break.. the game companies are the ones that sold out the 'Clsoe Cpmbat' name to First to fight. You really think the Simtek team, amungst the longest active serving CC modders & mappers woudl sell the game out?? Come on!!

I am no longer with Simtek guys, theres nothign to gain for me with CC6 except the fun of palying it... CCM & CCRAF were made for the military. The military didnt care for alot of the things we loved with CC1-5 that were out of CCM & RAF. Granted there were some good things to come out of CCM & CCRAF, now the team at Simtek is the ONLY team that know the inner workings of both CC1-5 & CCM & RAF. They also know what the CC community wants since they are a part of it. The code has been looked at & its no secret that in making CCM & RAF the code was added to & could be scrutinized & sorted.

Add 2 + 2 togehter guys. Did SImtek make first to Fight? No... not part of that dissapointment. Do you trust how Destineer would make the path for the future of CC on thier choice to make First to Fight a Close Combat named game? (Its a great game.. but NOT Close Combat Series game) Or do you trust Simtek seemingly proposing how the next CC should be???Hmm... lets see.. the guys who mde a CC game that is NOTHING like CC, or have them led the next time out by hardcore modders &mappers fo the game we love?? COME ON!!! Those at Simtek wouldnt risk thier reputation to the community by selling the game out. Had I chosen to stay in Simtek I know I wouldnt have & know the guys still thier certainly wouldnt either. If Simtek is invovled with CC6 it will kick ass, not suck it...

Guys.. its hard to listen to the doom & gloom of some of you saying "The drought isnt over." Meinwhiile many of us are kicking back swimming in the water thats up to our necks.... Neagative talk from those who are pretty far on the outside.

Dotn worry Firefox.. I think there WILL BE more versions of CC to come you can make your special mods for.... Wink

ANZAC_Lord4war

Rep: 3.5

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:40 am Post subject: mmm Reply with quote

i looked for the doom and gloom and could not find it in this thread

Forget words,actions will show your true ambitions!The Battlefield,In many cases, the terrain of a battlefield can be the best resource a commander has. A clump of trees, an abandoned house, or a drainage ditch can all be powerful tools in the right hands

king_tiger_tank

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:00 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

i just learned about this and i hope it will be a cc3-cc5 caliber game, and hopefully it will be in 3D. we can only pray for the future.

What would H Jones do?

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:12 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Good my mind was thinking Rolling Eyes that I have read and read many things from a CC6 but I think that nobody have something done because we have not seen one screenshot on years and it is very strange on a new game.

Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site

CSO_Sbufkle

Rep: 32.2

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:17 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont confuse Red Phoenix & CC6. Both VASTLY different things.

So understanding that, there is no CC6 scrrens because its a new project.

poli

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:11 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I second that Firefox. It may be that the dev team is part of the CC community -but I (as just a plain old user/consumer) have heard, seen or played NOTHING regarding a new CC for - umm- forever?

A little bit of a note by Keith Z on the First to fight site about red-phoenix and a thread on CSO and thats it.

no screenies, no "testers wanted" etc..so that does make this community member feel doom and gloom..

Need a PR department?? Wink

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:48 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So understanding that, there is no CC6 scrrens because its a new project.

I go to cry Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing and RP what is it? a old proyect without screens, info or something new?

no screens = no game

no new info on other sites as magazines = no proyect

Rolling Eyes

Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site

king_tiger_tank

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:06 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

i would like it to be like an italy,sicily,early WW2,North Africa type game. they need to touch on an orignal idea of WW2. something new and that has more of a challege from the germans. and a better AI engine.

What would H Jones do?

ANZAC_Tack

Rep: 22.3

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:37 am Post subject: cso forums has a lot more on this subject Reply with quote

there is pages upon pages of ideas coming up from symtec.
fingers crossed.

espree de corp

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess

Jump to: