Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1220
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Author
ANZAC_Lord4war

Rep: 3.5

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 10:21 pm Post subject: mmm Reply with quote

well to keep historical accuracy right up there.
maybe ill let u update the mod.
u can make sure the soldiers r carrying the right amount of smoke grenades.
im also interested what is the correct graphic for a DD/m4a1/m4a2/m4a3
id like to see the differences on the different model shermans
how they r interpreted as a certain model,from top down view.
ive got some serious work catching up to do in regxtra anyhow.
I may have another attempt when 1.4 Omaha comes out.

Forget words,actions will show your true ambitions!The Battlefield,In many cases, the terrain of a battlefield can be the best resource a commander has. A clump of trees, an abandoned house, or a drainage ditch can all be powerful tools in the right hands

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 12:33 am Post subject: Re: Great News Reply with quote

Hi Stalky and Lord4War,

This is awesome news. I really enjoy playing Omaha, except for the tracers. Tried fixing myself a couple of times with no luck. Look forward to playing it with the tracer on.

Thanks for all your hard work.

Cheers

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2
votes: 25

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 1:46 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I for one would play it much more with the new release.
If Dom cant be contacted,the best thing would be either
A)New readme file expressing your intentions.
B)Whatever link is provided could be a whole ne download with intentions being listed under the discription.
C)Renaming the new plugin to something likeFull B.O. Mod. Tracerfix 1.0 blah blah blah

I wouldnt change the Data unless it's really that bad,Just do the tracers and thats it.

But by all means please release it.

Ubaew

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 11:03 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Im affraid I disagree with this. Before was really good without it, and many my friends thought it`s intended effect. It is possible to make 2 versions, or maybe special patch for people what think same?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v204/Ubaew/forumoza2.png

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 3:30 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

ANZAC_Lord4war/AT_Stalky,

The best thing would be a submod just for the tracer fix then people could choose to play with or without them.

Ubaew

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 7:45 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, a lot my friend from Polish Strategy Forum really enjoyed that idea without tracer. It make game more difficult and (it`s my point of view) more realistic.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v204/Ubaew/forumoza2.png

Wittmann44

Rep: 0.3

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 10:10 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

has omaha the version 1.03 or still 1.02?

ANZAC_Lord4war

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 1:44 pm Post subject: mmm Reply with quote

technically it is 1.3 or 1.03
but the average user would struggle to get that right.
as there is no Omaha 1.3 or 1.03 plugin
it is still 1.2 or 1.02
and u have to go to CSO forums to get the 1.3 or 1.03 update(posted in Omaha forum).been that way for a long time.

Forget words,actions will show your true ambitions!The Battlefield,In many cases, the terrain of a battlefield can be the best resource a commander has. A clump of trees, an abandoned house, or a drainage ditch can all be powerful tools in the right hands

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 6:32 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

So can we get a submod with the tracer fix only? Come on guys people are waiting to play!

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Tejszd

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 7:22 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Wittmann44,

ANZAC_Lord4war is correct, the current full version available at CSO and here at CCS is v1.2. There is a v1.3 Beta release that has a few changes/fixes available in the CSO BO forum;

CHANGES/FIXES From Bloody Omaha Data Files v1.2 - in Jan./Feb./Mar. 2005:
1) Changed D3 map VL's; "none" to "Maison" and "to St-Laurent-s-Mer" to "route secondaire: for the dirt road west (D3.btd)
2) Changed Exit1 map; rotated all VL's 1 spot clock wise to line up better with the strat map (Exit.btd)
3) Changed US Soldier in the 4.2CM mortar team from weapon 43 "Walther P38" to 6 "M1 Carbine" (Soldier.adb)
4) Fixed Stlaurnt map as 2 VL's showed on the mini map that were not supposed to be there (Stlaurnt.btd)
5) Fixed German Opel 3.7cm FlaK by adding a new wreck to use instead of the US M3 wreck (Vehicles.adb and Wrecks.azp)

More changes were planned thus a full v1.3 was not released.

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 99.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 8:27 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved the mod when I played it a few years ago. The lack of tracers made it harder, but necessarilly better. I had some fatal crashes whuch I believe TJ has fixed.

I would play it again for sure with tracers fixed, but dont change anything else like maps or units, just fix the errors. The mod is awesome as is.

Tejszd

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 3:04 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

ANZAC_Lord4war/AT_Stalky,

Hey guys I never did see a tracer fix for download???

ANZAC_Lord4war

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:07 pm Post subject: mmm Reply with quote

yer as i said on page 3 of this thread
we may have another attempt,after u do patch for 1.3/1.4.
that was 3 months ago,today.
submod was ur idea on which no one said yes too.

u and dima were going to do some historical and realistics updates with vehicles graphics,
smoke grenade amounts,changing some weapons.i didnt agree with al of them.but said i would follow.
didnt look like that much work to me.
truth was some of our changes removed some of ur changes.
and we werent really interested in submitting our work to you for approval
after ur slow hesistant response.
we had improved the mod massively,in 3 months since u had only done list.
it would of been released 2 and a half months ago.
and just forget the submod idea altogether.
the majority do not think Omaha is better without tracer fire.
its a insult to our determination to fix the errors.
not saying we wont do it (fix the tracer fire)but it was but a small fix to the fixes we done.
but ball is in ur court as to what happens.
if u really wanted it to happen as much as me and stalk did.
it would of been done.both of us have much limited time now.
and also have lost some motivation with it,due to delay.
when u finish ur updates we will consider to update again,but wont get same speedy service offers of 2 motivated modders who were real keen 3
months ago,our interest is now only lukewarm.
as we both have no shortage of things we can do.

Me and Cannon have played 2 ops in the lead up to our announcement of a fix.
not a single crash,no supply bugs.fuel and ammo on 2nd days.
id like to change a few things personally,just let me make 1 10 man team Smile
but me and Stalky made a promise to keep it as close to Doms original intentions as possible.
its a great and really hard attacking mod.and hard to defend in some places.
id also like to change some of the sounds.but wont.

Tejszd

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:15 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

It's too bad you feel a submod or having someone comment on what you change in a mod is beneath you. You sure have not hesitated in the forums to comment on others people's mods/work. Oh well, the people hoping/looking for a tracer fix are the ones who will be disappointed.

"improved the mod massively" but what did you change that made things more historical or more stable? Were all those changes in line with Dom's original goals? You say you felt insulted that someone asked that question or wanted to discuss/kmow the changes. Again it sounds more like a double standard where you can change anything you want, without even listing your changes, but what Dima and I were discussing for changes would wreck the game...

All the changes I have made were sent to Dom for his feedback and review. He believed I had the same goals as him and gave me permission to continue to work on his mod.

ANZAC_Lord4war

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:31 am Post subject: mmm Reply with quote

TJ ur the only one who feel u need some1 beneath u!
my above post i just kept to the facts.
ur reply is all about speculation.
answer the questions urself idiot!
as u didnt seem to be reading any of the posts before.

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:48 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, dunno about everybody else...but I want to play BO with tracers. So a tracer fix submod would be awesome! As for other fixes...I don't mind also...being just a 'consumer' here Wink .

AT_Stalky

Rep: 27.4
votes: 10

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:34 am Post subject: ye Reply with quote

Quote:
By Lord4war on page three:
Posted: Mon May 01, 2006 9:21 pm
Post subject: mmm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

well to keep historical accuracy right up there.
maybe ill let u update the mod
u can make sure the soldiers r carrying the right amount of smoke grenades.
im also interested what is the correct graphic for a DD/m4a1/m4a2/m4a3
id like to see the differences on the different model shermans
how they r interpreted as a certain model,from top down view.
ive got some serious work catching up to do in regxtra anyhow.
I may have another attempt when 1.4 Omaha comes out. _________________

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=2382&start=16

Tejszd

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:02 pm Post subject: Re: mmm Reply with quote

ANZAC_Lord4war wrote:

By Lord4war on page five:
Posted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:07 am
Post subject: mmm
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
we werent really interested in submitting our work to you for approval

its a insult to our determination to fix the errors.

but me and Stalky made a promise to keep it as close to Doms original intentions as possible.

AT_Stalky,

I have read that reply that you quoted and there is a lot of "maybe" and "may" while people wanted the tracer fix. I did suggest a submod along with others in another post or two.

My issue was with ANZAC_Lord4war post and lines quoted above.

I would love to see Omaha improved but other than the tracer fire fix nobody knows what the other changes were made. With the files and some effort it could be determined but the updated files were never released...

ANZAC_Lord4war

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:12 pm Post subject: mmm Reply with quote

ur a waist of time!
is my official line now.
i could only offer it to you so many times.

we were helping u.

ur a bad caretaker for Omaha as well.

u have never done the best for the mod

u even admit it urself to not having the time.

how long was the mod split all over the place for the last year

bit of it here,bit of it there

how could u call urself a caretaker?

Tejszd

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:33 am Post subject: Reply with quote

ANZAC_Lord4war,

You are free to have your opinion. Many would hopefully disagree.

The last full none beta release is v1.2 and has been since Jan. 2005. The beta v1.3 was posted to fix a couple bugs but it was not critical so a full release was not done.

V1.3 Beta fixed the following;
1) Changed D3 map VL's; "none" to "Maison" and "to St-Laurent-s-Mer" to "route secondaire: for the dirt road west (D3.btd)
2) Changed Exit1 map; rotated all VL's 1 spot clock wise to line up better with the strat map (Exit.btd)
3) Changed US Soldier in the 4.2CM mortar team from weapon 43 "Walther P38" to 6 "M1 Carbine" (Soldier.adb)
4) Fixed Stlaurnt map as 2 VL's showed on the mini map that were not supposed to be there (Stlaurnt.btd)
5) Fixed German Opel 3.7cm FlaK by adding a new wreck to use instead of the US M3 wreck (Vehicles.adb and Wrecks.azp)

V1.2 fixed the following;
1) Fixed German team #43 as team size was set higher than the number of members (Geteams.adb)
2) Fixed German team #44 as team size was set higher than the number of members (Geteams.adb)
3) Fixed German team #115 as a soldier was not defined (Geteams.adb)
4) Fixed German team #118 as a soldier was not defined (Geteams.adb)
5) Fixed German vehicle #1 was nation 0 changed to 5 to match Geteams.adb (Vehicles.adb)
6) Fixed German vehicle #17 crew size 3 changed to 4 to match Geteams.adb (Vehicles.adb)
7) Fixed German vehicle #55 crew size 5 changed to 4 to match Geteams.adb (Vehicles.adb)
Cool Fixed German vehicle #15 crew size 7 changed to 4 to match Geteams.adb (Vehicles.adb)
9) Fixed German vehicle #12 crew size 2 changed to 3 to match Geteams.adb (Vehicles.adb)
10) Fixed US vehicle #37 crew size 3 changed to 4 to match AlsTeams.adb (Vehicles.adb)
11) Fixed US vehicle #32 crew size 4 changed to 5 to match AlsTeams.adb (Vehicles.adb)
12) Fixed US vehicle #34 crew size 4 changed to 5 to match AlsTeams.adb (Vehicles.adb)
13) Fixed US vehicle #78 crew size 4 changed to 5 to match AlsTeams.adb (Vehicles.adb)
14) Fixed M7 Wreck problem by using a Sherman wreck (vehicles.adb) - Thanks Aetius
15) Fixed US Team #57 team size 4 changed to 3 to match other teams and vehicle (Alsteams)
16) Fixed German team #50 MG34 was soldier type 6 MG 42 change to 35 MG34 (Geteams.adb) - Thanks Uberdave
17) Fixed US team 6 size 4 changed to 3 to match other team and vehicle (Alsteams.adb)
1Cool Fixed Easy Green map as 2 bunkers did not have interior images (DogR.rfm)
19) Fixed FxGrne.txt changed hangar wall to field beside the big bunker (FxGrne.txt & FxGrne.los)
20) Fixed map connection #0 Port-En-Bessin to #30 Surrain should have been #0 to #29 Mosles - Thanks Kartboy6
21) Fixed operation/campaign debrief strat map ownership shading - Thanks Kartboy6
22) Fixed US team #97 Fwd Obsvs 105mm changed soldier type #81 FO 15cm to #84 FO 105 mm US (AlsTeams.adb)
23) Fixed US team #98 Fwd Obsvs 150mm changed soldier type #81 FO 15cm to #85 FO 150 mm US (AlsTeams.adb)
24) Fixed Lacambe map by changing some coding to match the map image (Lacambe.txt and .los)
25) Changed German team #63 3.7cm PaK35 from requestion type command to support (Geteams.adb)
26) Changed German team #137 Wurfkörper28 from requestion type infantry to support (Geteams.adb)
27) Changed German team #6 Bef. Pzjg 38(t) & #7 Bef. StuG IIIG from requestion type armour to leader(Geteams.adb)
2Cool Changed German team #6 Bef. Pzjg 38(t) changed from command halftrack to command tank (Geteams.adb)
29) Changed weapon #6 M1A1 Carbine to M1 Carbine as only the A1 was issued only to Airborne troops (Weapons.adb)
30) Changed map Isigny to IsignyBO and stpierre to stpierBO to avoid problem with the originals (index.mpi & *.btd)
31) Changed vehicle #13 German 7.5cm PaK40 from size 6 to 5 element size 2 to 1 (Vehicles.adb)
32) Changed vehicle #15 German 8.8cm PaK43 from size 3 to 6 element size 2 to 1 (Vehicles.adb)
33) Changed Fox red map weapon pits from bunker floor to dirt (FoxRed.txt)
34) Changed small hedges to be passable for tanks with 20% bog and 5% immobilize odds (elements.adb)
35) Changed weapon #4 M1 Garand icon swapped with #56 Garand Grenade icon (Weapons.adb)
36) Changed/recalcualted .los files using CC5dbg.exe (.los)
37) Added naval support to Pointe Du Hoc 1 as St. Honorine had two but only 1 worked (CC5.exe)
3Cool Added map connection between #19 D3 to #20 Vaumicel (*.btd)
39) Added map connection between #22 Le Haut Chemin to #23 Asnieris-En-Bessin (*.btd)
40) Added map connection between #32 Formigny to #43 Trevieres (*.btd)
41) Added map connection between #37 Cardonville to #38 Gefosse (*.btd)

As for being a poor caretaker again you can have your opinion but Dom has thanked me for what I have done.... http://www.closecombat.org/news/BO/
http://www.closecombat.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7911&highlight=omaha+review

I would gladly take your files or even hear how you fixed the tracers as that is the biggest issue most people have with the mod.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> CC5 Bloody Omaha
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Jump to: