Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1214
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Author
ZAPPI4

Rep: 33.3
votes: 2

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:41 pm Post subject: To install CC1 on window XP Reply with quote

1: Put your CC1 cd in YOUR CD-DRIVE.

2: Press [START] klick on [RUN] and enter the following commandline string: D:\SETUP\ACMSETUP.EXE /Z cchook.dll /T cc.stf /S D:

3: Follow on-screen instruction. Specify install path when prompted.
(There will be 2 error warnings that you can ignore, one will be about some START adress, the other something about DLL, just ignore them)

IMPORTANT

1: The "D: at the end of string "D:\SETUP\ACMSETUP.EXE /Z cchook.dll /T cc.stf /S D:" denotes the CD drive that contain your CC1 cd.

You willl have to specify your CD-drive containing you CC1 cd twice.

First in the path locating the "ACMSETUP.EXE" program and second you will have to specify the path where (CC1:s) "SETUP.EXE" is located.

2: *DO NOT* copy the files to HD.

It is *NOT* necessary to copy files to HD in order to run the "D:\SETUP\ACMSETUP.EXE /Z cchook.dll /T cc.stf /S D:" commandline. Rather as some of you have found out its counterproductive.

last things, use the Xp compability under "window 95"

Have fun

Tout est possible ... il faut juste connaitre quand.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

Pzt_Kami

Rep: 44.2

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:31 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi ZAPPI4;
It was for years I couldn't play this great game.You are awesome Zappi ,I don't know how to thank you.I love you man Razz

Thank you very very mutch
-Kambiz

Women are like flowers, I appreciate their beauty and fragrance without picking them off the branch, then I continue on to the next flower

ANZAC_Tack

Rep: 22.3
votes: 1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:03 am Post subject: it does work Reply with quote

have had cc1 on last xp and my new 64bit xp,plus xp pro, all work IF using above instructions.

but, game speed must be medium, i played 1 game in 2 seconds!

also for me it crashes after 3 or 4 games.

espree de corp

lordbamburgh

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 6:03 pm Post subject: CC1 in XP Reply with quote

Thanks for that tip. I've had a dual XP and Windows 98 set up on my computer for the last few years chiefly to allow me to have the occasional game of CC1. Now I can play a quick battle without having to reboot.

Any other CC1 fans who would like the occasional online game, please do get in touch. I have a good collection of maps which I created myself when I got fed up with the default set. Some of these are much bigger than the default maps, and I have one in which the fighting moves north-south, rather than east-west, which gives an extremely wide front and great opportunities for flanking attacks.

Pzt_Kami

Rep: 44.2

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:44 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi;
In some of the maps(Bttles) ,The games freezes.How can I solve it?

Quote:
Any other CC1 fans who would like the occasional online game, please do get in touch. I have a good collection of maps which I created myself when I got fed up with the default set. Some of these are much bigger than the default maps, and I have one in which the fighting moves north-south, rather than east-west, which gives an extremely wide front and great opportunities for flanking attacks.

Cool mate.How can I get them?

Cheers
-Kambiz

Women are like flowers, I appreciate their beauty and fragrance without picking them off the branch, then I continue on to the next flower

Pzt_Malarkey

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:51 am Post subject: Reply with quote

HEY ZAPPI4

Maybe a bit late but I didn't knew it was possible to play cc1 on XP but you did it !!!Many many thanks mate.
also haven't play this game for years it's great to play again Smile
thanks!!

Who Dares Wins !!!!

jdolt

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:49 am Post subject: Reply with quote

My game keeps crashing, is there anything I can do to make it work properly?

ghostwalker

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:46 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

man your good

:prostration :prostration :prostration :prostration

/ghostwalker :sweede

Piers

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:14 am Post subject: CD drives other than C: Reply with quote

I have installed CC 1 using your tips, but it wont play. Could this be because my CD drive is G: and not CConfused?

Larzz

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:05 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Followed all the steps here, installed fine.. 2 errors as stated.
Desktop Icon " edited to 95 compatible option"

Double click to run and....

Error

"Function couldn't create registry key"

Worked at it for a while here trying to get it to work..searched google etc.. no dice.

Help please.

kaptenmange

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:02 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant change to Xp...i can only have:
Windows 95
Windows 98
Windows NT 4
Windows 2000

Im not realy shore what im doing so plx help me.

jimbailey

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:07 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't have any luck getting CC1 to run in XP -- installs fine with the instructions posted here, but when I click on it to play, the message "can only run on Windows 95" pops up.

Any suggestions?

jimbailey

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:54 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, my mistake -- if you follow the instructions in the post above (cut and paste the instruction line) then set the emulate to Windows 95, the game *will* run. However, you will have to set the preferences within the game to "slowest" or else it will flash past you in a 10 second orgy of gunfire.

Fafner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:43 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your information! After years another chance to play the grandpa of the series. Nostalgic feelings.... Was not easy to find the CD, but with your information it was worth the effort. Smile

dylan007

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:19 am Post subject: CC1 on Windows XP Reply with quote

Could some one provide me with step by step instructions on how to
set xp to win 95 compatability? What tabs do I look under?

thank you,

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:25 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dylan007, welcome to the site. Its a very simple procedure. Right click your CC2 icon from the desktop and choose properties. Once the window pops up you will see a tab that says compatibility, click on that and it will bring you to compatibility modes. You can choose Win95 or Win98 as well as a few others, experiement untill you get the game working.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

fruitbar

Rep: 53.2

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 4:55 pm Post subject: Re: To install CC1 on window XP Reply with quote

wow i thought i should of trashed cc1 for only being able to run on win95 and not win98 or above. i ought to see this to work.

SoBaldrick

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:32 am Post subject: Re: To install CC1 on window XP Reply with quote

Hi, got the install to run on Windows & like this but game won't run as it needs indeo installed. trying to sort that out now Smile

fry30

Rep: 2.3

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:09 pm Post subject: Re: To install CC1 on window XP Reply with quote

I'm glad someone has put up the instructions on how to get this to work again. I was in touch with Peter Fisula a few years ago and he found some programs that enabled me to both edit the teams and the maps as well. Xbattle, Xmap. Xtile, Losmaker and perhaps someothers were the files he gave me. I believe those were the names. I had a working mod on my old laptop, but it eventually shit the bed from all the overuse. Would anyone be able to locate these files? Ive saved the harddrive from that particular laptop, so maybe someday I can get it working and upload the files (including my mod) to this website.

slider81

Rep: 0.2

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:50 pm Post subject: Re: To install CC1 on window XP Reply with quote

I have some problems with setup and runing game under XP. use CC.Iso cd with close combat.
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]

Game after bad setup dont wont to starting.Error "[ufs] Reference   Is   Invalid "
Help please.

[img][/img]

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat 1
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Jump to: