Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1219
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Author
mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:07 am Post subject: Re: CCS Statistics and Server Updates Reply with quote

Flags, posts, join date all available under profile. Name, rep and avatar only showing here now.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

mooxe

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:27 pm Post subject: Re: CCS Statistics and Server Updates Reply with quote

I think the page loading time is faster now.... anyone else notice?

mooxe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:32 pm Post subject: Re: CCS Statistics and Server Updates Reply with quote

Stats from January 1st 2011 to March 15 2011

- New user registrations took another nosedive over the past 30 days. Hotmail, GMail and Yahoo accounts are no longer accepted. I realize a good percentage of these accounts belong to real people, but another good percentage belong to bots. So far only one person has contacted me for manual registration. The only reason to register is to post in forums or view Combat Camera now. Everything else is available for anonymous users.

- Bandwidth per month is still over 2000Gb

- Total page views of the entire site will crush the the total page views of 2010, if the trend keeps up

- FTP site getting daily activity, but not much

- Site speed increased

- All in all, no change from last year. Activity has been on an even keel for the past few years

Feel free to look at the attached PDF file from Google Analytics.

Analytics_www.closecombatseries.net_CCS_20110101-20110315_(DashboardReport).zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Analytics_www.closecombatseries.net_CCS_20110101-20110315_(DashboardReport).zip
 Filesize:  102.24 KB
 Downloaded:  443 Time(s)

mooxe

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:18 am Post subject: Re: CCS Statistics and Server Updates Reply with quote

Visits to CCS have been down the last half of March. After a modification to the site, Google Bots have been bouncing off the site, thus removing the site from the top 3 of a search for "close combat". Hopefully be back soon, has happened many times before.

mooxe

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:43 am Post subject: Re: CCS Statistics and Server Updates Reply with quote

Back on Google. While the site was off Google's radar, there was a steady 5-600 visits today with about 350-450 unique users. That looks about right with some other stats I ran the past few months. There is about 350-450 regular site users. This is about a 60% drop in regular users from 2008-2009, but visits are still the same as they were. Less regulars and more drivebys in other words.

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:35 am Post subject: Re: CCS Statistics and Server Updates Reply with quote

Does thattranslate as

less people interested in Close Combat visiting?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

mooxe

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:34 pm Post subject: Re: CCS Statistics and Server Updates Reply with quote

In 2009 I turned off the rule that made people register for downloads. Registrations dropped immensly, that accounts for that huge dive. You only need to register to post in forums now. That could explain why there is so much less registered users active on the site but still the same amount of traffic hitting the site daily.

mooxe

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 9:20 pm Post subject: Re: CCS Statistics and Server Updates Reply with quote

After two months of struggling with Google search results on "Close Combat", CCS is finally back in the top 3 results..... frustration ended!

Manoi

Rep: 89.5
votes: 7

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 7:18 am Post subject: Re: CCS Statistics and Server Updates Reply with quote

good work, Mooxe! Thanks!

Blackstump

Rep: 24.5
votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 8:32 am Post subject: Re: CCS Statistics and Server Updates Reply with quote

Ah Mooxe your an unsung hero... or is that an unhung sero... i forget which... well done as allways...

"percute et percute velociter"

mooxe

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 4:24 pm Post subject: Re: CCS Statistics and Server Updates Reply with quote

Been very busy this year everyone. Site has not seen many updates. For the past six weeks I have been on exercize with the artillery and I am posted to a new base as well in July. Everything should be back to normal after the summer.

mooxe

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:45 pm Post subject: Re: CCS Statistics and Server Updates Reply with quote

Movers are here. I am keeping track as best I can with all the new mods and submod news, as well patches. All the new Matrix patches are available via FTP now. CC Players News will be out before end of July with a roundup of everything thats happened since last edition.

Thank you for the donations Rasputen and combot. Server bill is due in August. I believe we are only 100$ or so away from another year of CCS paid fully by ads and donations. Thank you everyone! I'll get an accurate number when I am moved in to my new house.

mooxe

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:40 am Post subject: Re: CCS Statistics and Server Updates Reply with quote

Just want to let everyone know CCS was payed for entirely by the donations and Ads this year. Donations were down, but ad revenue was up. Thanks everyone. Trying to get time to update the site, very busy with new house and job.

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:13 am Post subject: Re: CCS Statistics and Server Updates Reply with quote

Thanks for the update Mooxe on the site and another successful year for it!!!

Also good luck with the move to the new house and job!!!

mooxe

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:41 pm Post subject: Re: CCS Statistics and Server Updates Reply with quote

I am going to reverse the Hotmail/Yahoo/GMail ban soon. For those that have emailed or wish to join but cannot try again soon.

mooxe

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:57 am Post subject: Re: CCS Statistics and Server Updates Reply with quote

CSO seems gone now for good. I can host it here if the powers that be would allow me. Assuming there is a backup available.

mooxe

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:16 am Post subject: Re: CCS Statistics and Server Updates Reply with quote

Downloads have been disabled. There is a problem with the server. I am shutting systems down one by one to isolate it.

US_Brake

Rep: 24.2
votes: 22

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:08 am Post subject: Re: CCS Statistics and Server Updates Reply with quote

mooxe wrote (View Post):
Downloads have been disabled. There is a problem with the server. I am shutting systems down one by one to isolate it.

Mooxe has arrived. Just in time.

Link

Close Combat's most infamous SOB
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

mooxe

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:38 am Post subject: Re: CCS Statistics and Server Updates Reply with quote

This is what happened. Still not sure what it was, but it has stopped for now. The incoming bandwidth skyrocketed using almost 5000Gb in bandwidth until it stopped. It was lagging other services on the site.

2afficheGraph.png
 Description:
Monthly View
 Filesize:  22.19 KB
 Viewed:  13252 Time(s)

2afficheGraph.png

afficheGraph.png
 Description:
Weekly View
 Filesize:  23.87 KB
 Viewed:  13252 Time(s)

afficheGraph.png

mooxe

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 10:22 pm Post subject: Re: CCS Statistics and Server Updates Reply with quote

Thanks for reporting the latest spam posts, they have been removed.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess -> Site Info
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Jump to: