Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Author
Pzt_Kanov

Rep: 14.2
votes: 9

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:19 am Post subject: Re: CCS Statistics and Server Updates Reply with quote

Actual footage of mooxe working on the site squashing all the bugs and dealing with data loss.

mooxe trooper.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  849.54 KB
 Viewed:  39082 Time(s)

mooxe trooper.gif

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:37 am Post subject: Re: CCS Statistics and Server Updates Reply with quote

haha...

Now that I have quit playing EVE Online I have time for my original favorite game and website.

I have restored many of the private FTP accounts as well.

The old websites CC5 SAS, CC5 Stalingrad, CC5 Afrika and BamBam887's site will remain offline to do the HTML files being riddled with malicious code.

The GJS, Stalingrad and Afrika strategic maps will stay offline to for the same reason.

So you may come across some dead links here and there.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:46 am Post subject: Re: CCS Statistics and Server Updates Reply with quote

So what happend in EVE  Question

Did you get taken out be the Interstellar Police  Question  Idea

mooxe

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:59 pm Post subject: Re: CCS Statistics and Server Updates Reply with quote

Nah I just burned out in that game.

http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/combat_record.php?type=player&name=MOOXE

Theres my EVE resume haha..

Last edited by mooxe on Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

mooxe

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:11 pm Post subject: Re: CCS Statistics and Server Updates Reply with quote

CCS has been dropped from Google search results for awhile now. Usually a search for Close Combat put CCS in the top three search results, it was like this for years. A few things have affected this.

- Loss of Tournamenthouse.com website
- Reddevilscc.com shutting down
- PZT and other clan sites shut down
- Various other CC websites dieing off
- Malicious code inserted into some of CCS pages months ago
- Inactivity of portions of the site

The loss of all the CC related websites significantly reduced the amount of inbound links to CCS, which makes CCS less important to search results. The malicious code obviously wouldn't help either. The most obvious effect I see daily is less Ad revenue. The other effects that I cannot measure are overall traffic and interest of Close Combat/CCS.

I am working to get CCS back into Google's radar. Updating content and fixing site errors is what I have started with. Without all those relevant websites linking though it may be a long time before it happens.

Pzt_Kanov

Rep: 14.2

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:24 am Post subject: Re: CCS Statistics and Server Updates Reply with quote

how hard would it be to set up a ladder? nothing fancy, just W-L and average for starters.

mooxe

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:49 pm Post subject: Re: CCS Statistics and Server Updates Reply with quote

Want to thank all the recent donators. CCS bank account is now at $274. Thats almost five months of CCS payed for. Ad revenue is really lagging now though due to CCS's low ranking on Google searches.

mooxe

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:55 pm Post subject: Re: CCS Statistics and Server Updates Reply with quote

Thank you for all the donations in 2013. The bank account is looking healthy at $171 and another $74 is ad revenue waiting to be paid out. 2013 was not the greatest year for CCS. It was infected with the Blackhole Exploit kit, all the secondary websites (SAS, Stalingrad etc etc) were also affected. Those secondary websites are never coming back online due to every single HTML file having the exploit in them. I do have them backed up though if anyone wants to do the code cleanup. My main efforts of 2013 were reestablishing CCS on the top of the Google search results for the terms "Close Combat." This involved cleaning up the site of the exploit and making sure new stories appeared on the front page. Its working slowly, more often than not CCS is in the top five results now.

My main efforts for 2014 will be keeping an eye on the new Close Combats and providing my own summary of their status and features. I have had a very hard time dealing with all the new mods for the rereleases, its very confusing how everything is being ported to everything. When stable versions of these mods are out I will be adding them to the mod archives. That's only if they are verified to be stable and won't be constantly updated. For any of you guys involved in that please notify me when this happens as I do not follow all the forum threads.

Thanks again for all your support and activity on CCS. Have a great 2014!

platoon_michael

Rep: 47.6

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:57 pm Post subject: Re: CCS Statistics and Server Updates Reply with quote

Thank-You very much for everything you do to keep this site up and running.

And to everyone who has contributed $$$

I don't have any money to give but I'd be more than willing to donate a bunch of crap that you could then pawn off on others as a means to raise $$$

Say maybe all the CC crap I don't want anymore.
RTB
CCIV
CCV
CCIII
Eric Young's Squad Assult
And I think I may still have the original disk that came from the Marine Gazette for CCM
Above games are Disk's only. No Boxes.

Inside Moves book for CCII 278 pages by William Trotter,very good condition (Or if Mafi wants it he can have it)
Inside Moves book for CCIII 306 pages by William Trotter,very good condition.
CCIII Strategies & Secrets book by Mark L. Cohen323 pages, The book its-self is in good condition but the lamination on the front/back cover is wrinkled.

Maybe you could coax people with say a $5 contribution or whatever amount you decide.
Then say at the end of the year have a drawing of names for a winner.

Best I can do.
Sorry

mooxe

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:47 pm Post subject: SAS Site Resurrected Reply with quote

http://www.closecombatseries.net/Hosted/SAS/

SAS Site Resurrected.

Next will be the old Stalingrad site.

mooxe

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:32 pm Post subject: Re: CCS Statistics and Server Updates Reply with quote

On February 17th I started up Google Analytics again. Google keeps very useful stats, heres a short snapshot of 17 Feb - 16 Mar. As its a short month the raw number will increase some but not enough to affect any percentages.

Overview...

10370 visits (43.8% of these new visits, 56.1 returning visitors)
4621 Unique Visitors (unique meaning IP address, does not include web crawler bots, this is down about 40 to 50 percent from 2011)
79846 Pageviews
7.7 Pageviews per visit
8mins 3secs average time spent on site
28.69% Bounce rate (meaning they came to the site and left quickly)

Visitors Operating Systems...

85.39% Windows
5.87% iOS
4.77% Android

Visitors Web Browser...

34.20% Chrome
30.67% Firefox
20.40% IE

Visitors are from...

23.72% USA
8.35% UK
7.42% Canada
6.79% Italy
6.49% Sweden
4.26% Russia

How did those 10370 visits get to CCS...

54.72% Direct (bookmark or typed it in)
32.26% Google
2.01% Wikipedia
1.89% Bing
1.17% Matrix Games

Pzt_Crackwise

Rep: 64.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:54 pm Post subject: Re: CCS Statistics and Server Updates Reply with quote

I'm really glad to hear that statistics show an increase in the number of visits considerably!

Even though I have not been playing CC actively the past few years, I felt really bad when I heard that Mooxe was considering shutting down the site some time ago. CCS and the fellow members are too precious for me to lose them just like that. Just wanted to express that Smile

mooxe

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:55 pm Post subject: Re: CCS Statistics and Server Updates Reply with quote

The forum search function is now working with Google. Access it at the top of the forum.

mooxe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:48 pm Post subject: Re: CCS Statistics and Server Updates Reply with quote

CCS has been trucking along fine since the beginning of this post. Visitor stats are down from the same time last year, I would estimate a less than 8% change. The website is healthy in a technicially speaking way, that is to say its virus and exploit free, backed up weekly, 99% uptime and most if not all website functions working properly. Site file updates are rare now. There are some new mods and patches coming out but they take me awhile to update due to interest level. Google Ad revenue and donations make up about no more than 50% of the sites $400 per year operating cost.

Unique visitors per day are between 305-450. The bounce rate of those visitors increased from 28% to 38% when compared to the same time last year. A bounce is when someone visits CCS and leaves very quickly afterwards. The average time someone spends on the site decreased from 8:35mins to 5:21 minutes. (I am ok with that number as I made the forums easily viewable. You can visit and see whats new in a matter of seconds, without scrolling the window or opening up multiple pages, but it still indicates an expected downward trend.)

So... Once unique visitors dips into the 200's and depending on The Bloody First's impact, we will debate again on whether or not to shutdown CCS. Until then, its smooth sailing.

vobbnobb

Rep: 73
votes: 6

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:36 am Post subject: Re: CCS Statistics and Server Updates Reply with quote

^ I have been watching the steam community hub for GWC http://steamcommunity.com/app/297750 and a lot of people are interested and post there about stuff. Crackwise posted some neat guides. I don't think those people know about this site being dedicated to the CC stuff as well as a dedicated player community
(some of us have been here since cc1) , game downloads (including neat mods), polls, news and more. A typed in close combat game on google and this site was pretty close to #1 in results. You should try to get more sites linked maybe a link via wikipedia, although I swear I saw one linking to this site there once. Throw some links around on steam about the community at ccs, I'm sure those guys would sign up if they knew the content here. Better community and content than on steam by far. I am also sure that many people out there who play strategy would love this game if they were introduced to it. Maybe linking on some major strategy gaming sites.

Most US gamers seems to love more arcade fake crap and games they can exploit, hack or cheat in. This is the real stuff, Europeans etc seem to be more liking of strategy games. That kind of strategy here in the states died out when the board game craze died off.

My WW2 CC Series TimeLine
http://tinyurl.com/n2vrec5

Antony_nz

Rep: 83.9
votes: 6

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:06 am Post subject: Re: CCS Statistics and Server Updates Reply with quote

This site went through a stage of not showing up on google for some reason. But that problem has been fixed.
I'm always championing Close Combat.

I try to get the word out there on Reddit, facebook, my blog and in real life.

Its because i still believe that its a great war game.

http://talesofclosecombat.blogspot.co.nz/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Pzt_Crackwise

Rep: 64.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:16 am Post subject: Re: CCS Statistics and Server Updates Reply with quote

I try to guide people on Steam occasionally by citing CCS, when I make use of any source from here. I hope people learn the existence of such a dedicated Close Combat site.

ke_mechial

Rep: 89.1
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:19 pm Post subject: Re: CCS Statistics and Server Updates Reply with quote

I like watching videos about scale models of military vehicles, like tanks, trucks, planes from wwii and other eras on youtube. Reading comments and noticing how people are interested in military era, realism and historical and technical details of military equipment. I feel there are still many people who would love CC but unfortunately not aware of it. How about commenting under these videos and mention CCS?

mooxe

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:55 pm Post subject: Re: CCS Statistics and Server Updates Reply with quote

Worked on fixing the thumbnail problem this weekend. The problem was thumbnails would all come out the wrong colour. In the process of doing this certain modules on the server were updated. These modules were not compatible with the website and resulted in the downtime. I took this downtime as an opportunity to downgrade the server from a dual Zeon 5150, 8 GB RAM($29per month) to Core 2 Duo E7400 @ 2.8GHZ, 4 GB RAM ($10per month).

Thumbnail colours have been fixed. I also increased the max width so you can get a better view on game screenshots.

Please report any problems.

FTP users your accounts will have to be reset.

Drizzt

Rep: 121

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:10 pm Post subject: Re: CCS Statistics and Server Updates Reply with quote

Hi Mooxe,

It seems I am no more "the owner" of my sub-folders (and of the files inside them) that I have created on my folder on this site.
Fortunately I can access/upload on my folder on this site without problems and I can create new sub-folders, but I can't upload (it says: "550 permission denied") in my old sub-folders and, more important, I can't cut&paste/delete/modify the files inside them. My old sub-folders are three of the four that are there, their names are: "TLD, WAR and CC5".

In my intention this was a PM, but I am obliged to write here because I can't send PM (to you for sure; to other users I don't know). It says: "General Error - Failing sending email. Debug mode - Line: 1784, File: index.php".

Drizzt

EDIT: I have checked my PM box and it seems that some of my attempts to PM to you have been successful despite the errors messages (I have 3 f them in sentbox and 2 in the outbox). Anyway I don't know if you will receive them.

Last edited by Drizzt on Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess -> Site Info
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Jump to: