Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Author
ANZAC_Tack

Rep: 22.3
votes: 1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:38 am Post subject: TRSM GJS sub mod by dima (pre release/beta) Reply with quote

I have just tried dimas new sub mod(u leave gjsv44 plugin installed, install this over the top) its 32 megs and available at dimas download page>

http://www.closecombatseries.net/Hosted/dima/

i dont know if he wants all to use it now, its i think a work in progress, maybe beta.

basically he explained it uses utah mod data a little more, and makes some things in GJSv44 that i dont like myself.

As soon as its released fully , say v1 i will quit gjsv44 pernamently.(as i did retire from CCIII entirely some 3/4 years ago to go to GJS)

i have written my gripes with the mod before.TRSM helps stop:
-snipers killing guns,entire squads in a dozen seconds or less,inability to see firing positions.
-ATG, tanks shoot AP, now shoot HE and MG's.

dima listed more changes, i noticed:
sounds more utah like.
graphics in battlegroupe changed,names changed.
BGs changed, Gold only has 76mm russian guns like overlord.
(think 1 commando unit must be french, called'no name') Rolling Eyes

i will play extensively soon, and report further on gamy changes.

again, its early days.

tack

espree de corp

Pzt_Kevin_dtn

Rep: 10.9

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:01 pm Post subject: Update info Reply with quote

Where would I find more update info on Dima's mod adjustment? i.e. what other changes did he incorporate? I'm waiting for the Utah 1.4 update as well.

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:04 am Post subject: Reply with quote

lol Tack, u took my 15mins Razz .

it wasn't meant to go public yet. Tack made decision on his own. Iam personally in doubts if it is good or bad.

This beta was meant for testers only. It is neither release version nor latest beta. It lacks some vehicle graphics or has wrong graphics for some, some photos r messed, alot of weird names for teams (for me to identify them when tweaking) and etc.

I do recommend to wait the public release instead.

However it is fully playable (we test GC on balance and etc with AT_ActionJackson since March) and if u still want to dld and try it, have in mind following:

-to play only on elite dificulty (other don't work correctly).
-to use GC(3) only (if it has several ones -don't remember).

Main chnges from GJS 4.4:

-all the data has been reworked.
-all new sounds.
-new 'historical correct' GC.
-several german and one UK BGs was replaced as they were out of time frame or just out of main line for BGs(like 2.AA/2.PzD).
-all the FPs were reorganised to be more historical accurate.
-all german and alot of allied teams were reorganised to be more historical accurate.
-some 20-30 new weapons added.
-number of new vehicles/guns added.
-vehicles/guns that were not presented in the GJS mod timeframe were removed.
-GJS 4.3 Basly map took place of regCC5 StPierre map for Lebesiy Woods.
-open top vehicles r mostly immune to mortars.So they r really usefull now:).
-alot of VLs added/replaced on most maps to enchance gameplay.
etc.

Quote:
ATG, tanks shoot AP, now shoot HE and MG's.

Most tanx will fire HE and MGs at guns/Half-tracks/LtArmored Cars instead of AP in release version. This pln doesn't have such feuture.

Quote:
sounds more utah like.

yes, current soundmod is basically Utah soundmod with UK and some german weapon sounds added. Release version will have it chnged.

Quote:
(think 1 commando unit must be french, called'no name')

play on elite Wink.

Credits go to:
Atilla
Cathartes
final_drive
AT_Actionjackson
AT_Stalky

and other guys. Will post full list in the release ver.

These r latest results in our GC with AJ (me as the allies) on the end of 18th June 1944. Compare it to historical situation on same date Wink.

18_2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  103.92 KB
 Viewed:  11133 Time(s)

18_2.jpg

Last edited by Dima on Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

ANZAC_Tack

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:45 am Post subject: oh oh... Reply with quote

a bagillion apoligies dima!

i wasnt fully aware i was a 'tester' so to speak, i just thought u liked me lol.

i dont blab testing stuff if i know in advanced to 'shut the fuck up' Rolling Eyes

simtek work taught me to not blab on, ill try next time, promise!

i was just so excited about a fixed GJS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

surely you have read my posts(that seem to dissapear occationally) about how unrealistic GJS is.

TRSM is what ive been waiting for.

i am mm's(thats 1/16th" yo the imperilists still amoung us) away from quitting GJSv44 for ever after 4 months of GJSv44 ONLY playing H2H on gamespy(2+hours a day,4 hrs weekends) every day, every week for months! thats hundrens of hours play, gamespy says days used 130,hours used 338 THATS 2.6 HRS PER DAY!!!!EXCLUSIVELY GJSV44, plus since i 'converted' from CCIII some 3 years ago, i have always had abour 50% of ALL CCV time on GJS, thats thousands of hours at 1 hrs a day, 340 days a year(16 days off holidays) over 3 years...1000 hrs minimum.
and 10 years of closecombat. thats non stop close combat, no other sissy nancy boy games like age of empire...itsCC1/CC2/CC3/CC4/CC5/CCM(ALL TYPES)RTB/FTF.(thats including symtek stuff)

so as u can see i get overexcited when i see something that new that is good! mods come and go, only stalingrad has taken my fancy neally as much. it needs a lot of 'detail' work still to be as playable as CCIII RR0822 was.

so dima, sorry bout letting the cat out of the bag, and yes...im drinking, burp....
ps i dont spell check.....it takes the fun out of it, try an enigma machine...ryans forum say i ave invented new language, called'tackistani' or was it more asian soundin...burp....oh i invented a new term, combining a sentance and paragraph bloog called sentagraph. its writing paragraph length with no pauses,new sentances,spell check or noting...

espree de corp

Megadeth

Rep: 1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:01 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

this submod is far more realistic for me than plain gjs ...despite it is only a beta version i reccomend you all to give it a go ...i dont think im gonna play normal gjs anymore after ive tried this

Pzt_Kevin_dtn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:14 pm Post subject: ETA?? Reply with quote

I know you hate hearing this so I will only ask it once; do you have a ballpark ETA on the public release for this GJS submod? Again thanks for your hard work.

_dtn

Dima

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:03 pm Post subject: Re: ETA?? Reply with quote

kevin_dtn wrote:
I know you hate hearing this so I will only ask it once; do you have a ballpark ETA on the public release for this GJS submod? Again thanks for your hard work._dtn

late fall - early winter.

But it really depends on many things...

ANZAC_Tack

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:33 am Post subject: ? Reply with quote

late fall, is that when we drink to much and FALL down? surely you dont mean autumn! Question

winter just went by, a whole year neally?

Wink

Rolling Eyes

espree de corp

Archangel_

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:30 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool new Bren and Sten sounds. Smile

Great work! keep it up.

Pzt_Kevin_dtn

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:52 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Still looking forward to this submod. I'm looking at possibly starting a new H2H GC and was debating between GJS or Overlord but then I remembered you were working on this submod for GJS.

I get the feeling from some minor single player playtime and forum posts that Overlord favors the Allies a little too much. I want some balance before I roll over my opponent. Again looking forward to the release of TRSM (what does that stand for anyway?)

I'm also looking forward to the Utah 1.4 release. Keep up the good work!

stiener

Rep: 46.4
votes: 3

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:45 am Post subject: Reply with quote

this looks real interesting Very Happy i see that some guys are playing this mod on GS.
Dima.....any time frame on this great mod???
i was waiting for someone to do something about the Bren gun..........THANK YOU THANK YOU!
the allies suffer greatly by not having the use of the bren teams, as there useless right now.
the german sniper was awesome if you were playen the germans! Mad

any updated info would be great Dima.

WHEN THE PIN IS PULLED "MR GRENADE"IS NOT OUR FRIEND !

MarkM

Rep: 43.9

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:46 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Howdy guys. Can we please get an answer re this TRSM mod. I appreciate the hard work you guys and know you have many projects.

If this is not going to be finished can it be officially released as is so as I cna start playing people using it, as its way better than using GJS as is.

Thanks.

Mark

Dima

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:46 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys,

thnx for kind words and interest in my pet project Very Happy.

Well, i've just got bored of CC recently so decided to take some days off... took me about 2,5monthes Smile. Now iam back in track Wink.
Don't expect it to be released this month (as there r some other projects i'm envolved in), but mid-late February sounds pretty good.

Tho i've made alot of chnges (really alot:)) since the time i had uploaded TRSM pln on CCS(June 2006) and if u guys r really interested(as some moders-guys love to say lol) i can release the patch Smile.

But for me it will be better to listen to the opinions and critics of the guys who played TRSM (btw it stands for Total Realism Sub-mod Wink) to make it better as for now i have only my subjective opinon and opinions of 4 guys i test it with.
So please throw the chairs and tables on me! lol

Btw I need help with graphics!!! If someone wishes to help, contact me via PM.

Happy New Year and Xmas for everyone!

reagards

Pzt_Kevin_dtn

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:19 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I started a h2h GC of TRSM with my standard opponent klmjmja and we're enjoying it. Do you want feedback of any issues we come across while playing?

Very much looking forward to finished product. I thought GJS was the best and improving on it will be great.

Last edited by Pzt_Kevin_dtn on Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:19 am; edited 1 time in total

stiener

Rep: 46.4
votes: 3

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:15 am Post subject: Reply with quote

we are REALLY interested.........thanks for putting the time in! you modders are a great bunch! Very Happy
im really looking forward to it!

WHEN THE PIN IS PULLED "MR GRENADE"IS NOT OUR FRIEND !

MarkM

Rep: 43.9

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:59 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dima,

Thanks for reply mate, and yes we forgive you for taking some time off..
this time okay????

Once again to all the modders thank you for making this game what it is for all of us who are too busy, too lazy or too dumb to do it ourselves.

Not sure which one of the three above I fit into.

Mark

Pzt_Kevin_dtn

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:54 pm Post subject: Dima Reply with quote

Dima
I loaded the new beta files you sent me but it won't install. I'm sure I did it right because they new files replaced the old when copied in. Am I missing a piece? I attempted to reload the earlier version of TRSM but is won't install now either. Redownloading. Send me an email with any missing files.

Thanks - kevin_dtn

CPN

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:48 pm Post subject: TRSM MOD Reply with quote

Good evening to the CSO community, and best wishes for the new year!

First i wanted to say how great GJS mod was and very realistic + TRSM is great !
I’ve started to play a GC/TRSM alone on the Brit. side and it goes quite well.
As i am very fond of this part of Normandy battle however i would like to give my point of view on some points:

If you read all the reports and books of the Normandy campaign you see that German forces were facing very strong land and air forces which can not be simulated in GJS (for instance in Abbaye d'Ardenne sector it was about 3 battalions attacking vs. some 3 German companies).
Moreover, all the reports from both sides describe the effects of artillery which is one of the weakest point of GJS. I know it has changed in your mod but would it be possible to give also the possibility to have naval barrage on all the area like it was in 1944. Operation EPSOM for instance had the support of one cruiser and two monitors. On the other side the “”werfer” were reported several times by the allied soldiers to be the worst of every threat on the battlefield with mortars.
About the battlegroups would it be possible to make the Brit. infantry sections complete like 10 soldiers with the usual one sten, one bren and eight Enfield N°4 just to try to create a ratio and to have the possibility to lead once a real size British company of 127 men ! it could go like this in a BG :
- British veteran infantry section : 10 men
- British infantry section : 10men
- British infantry section-green: 8-7 men
In this way it will make hard to replace full veteran section after the first fights.

On BG with Churchill tanks there are only mark IV but not any mark VII that were in fact more present. Perhaps also one or two Churchill Close Support why not !
To resume this kind of Santa Claus letter , more arty effects , more soldiers (especially on Brit. side) !
You are doing a great job i wish i could do myself . with people like you it is like having a new game every time. thanks for the job.

About the mod I had just a small bug ; i requested an air support on a map and it did not come… but some times it happens in a real fight !
Smile

Dima

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:27 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,

Quote:
Good evening to the CSO community, and best wishes for the new year

that's CCS community Wink.

Quote:
(for instance in Abbaye d'Ardenne sector it was about 3 battalions attacking vs. some 3 German companies).

3 German companies = 1 German Battalion. So 3:1 ratio, even less if u take into opinion that german PzGren Battalions had more men as bayonet strength than CW ones.
U can achieve same ratio on yer main point of attack Wink.

Quote:
Moreover, all the reports from both sides describe the effects of artillery which is one of the weakest point of GJS. I know it has changed in your mod but would it be possible to give also the possibility to have naval barrage on all the area like it was in 1944.

no, CC5 has limits on that.
If i'd love to add NAVAL to new map, i needed to free one of the current map with NAVAL.
IMO GJS team 'deployed' NAVAL in the best possible way...

Quote:
About the battlegroups would it be possible to make the Brit. infantry sections complete like 10 soldiers

don't like such idea.
CC5 doesn't 'like' all the men after 7th.
Now all the Gruppen/sections for both sides are divided pretty much according the tactics they used in history(of coz there r compromises...). Brit section did train to act as 2 Teams - Gun Group and Rifle Group.

Quote:
On BG with Churchill tanks there are only mark IV but not any mark VII that were in fact more present.

the only unit that had Churchill VII in June 1944 was 141 RAC and all of them were Crocodiles.
Tho only couple of them have landed on June 6. Other later.

Quote:
Perhaps also one or two Churchill Close Support why not !

They were in TBs, none landed in June 1944.

All the AVREs were Churchill IV.

Quote:
To resume this kind of Santa Claus letter , more arty effects , more soldiers (especially on Brit. side) !

ratio between number of german and CW soldiers and AVF is pretty realistic in TRSM, u can count yerself Wink.

Quote:
About the mod I had just a small bug ; i requested an air support on a map and it did not come… but some times it happens in a real fight!

never had such Smile.

Thnx for the thoughts and feedback!

CPN

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:14 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

DIMA
than you for your answer!
again thank you for your work. best regards!
CPN

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Total Realism Sub Mod
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Jump to: