Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1221
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Author
AT_Stalky

Rep: 27.4
votes: 10

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:51 am Post subject: Re: CC5 vs CC3 Reply with quote

ArmeeGruppeSud wrote (View Post):
Tank/Gun loss ratio for the whole campaign, including JUNE, is exact 3/7 - tanks/guns, not 4/1  Wink

Yeh, Mate.  I said it in previous post. Read back if its somthing that is unclear.

Wink

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:44 am Post subject: Re: CC5 vs CC3 Reply with quote

Quote:
No, it proves more ATGs were being destroyed each battle.

Yes, and there are 2 main reasons for that:
1) You were taking more ATGs than AVFs in battle.
2) ATGs couldn’t deal with AVFs employed in battle (like 3,7cm vs KV or 76mm vs Tiger).

Quote:
There could have been more tanks which swamped the ATG defenses and wiped them out

Or could not if it was (just examples):
1) Early war and there were PzII/III vs 76mm or T26/BT vs 3,7cm.
2) Late was and there were PzIII/IV vs 85mm or T34/KV vs 8,8cm.

In both examples shown above, tank losses will be heavier than ATG losses.

Quote:
If i was taking more INVISIBLE AT guns into the battles, then tank losses would be even much higher because they dont stand a chance against INVISIBLE ATguns!  

No, if you were taking KV vs 3,7cm (Tiger vs 76mm) early war or IS-2 vs 7,5cm (KT vs 76mm) late war.

In such scenarios no matter how INVISIBLE ATGs are they won’t be able to penetrate frontal armor of these AVFs so AVFs and supporting units will have enough time to spot muzzle smoke and deal with INVISIBLE ATGs.

Quote:
The Reason for so many ATgun casualties in the statistics is that the ATguns were NOT INVISIBLE ENOUGH!

Or the ATG tactics was flawed or ATGs couldn’t deal with enemy AVFs (check above) or you were just taking statistically more ATGs than AVFs in battles Wink.

Quote:
Yes, we had to buy a lot of ATguns because the tanks kept destroying them because of their lack of invisibility

Or maybe because they are cheaper than AVFs and it you keep having enough points of for 1 AVF and 3 ATGs or for 2 AVFs so you were choosing to have more AT weapons to stop advance of your opponent?

Quote:
IF, you are right, and GJS is just an exception in CC5, then you would definately be able to show that in that in the other CC5 mods that the tank/gun ratio was reversed.......... (and without photoshopping CC5 GC CDS screenshots).
So, iirc, pretty much all CC5 GC CDS screenshots that i have seen, in all the various CC5 mods, show similar ratios. Willl you now tell me that CC5 modders have banded together and decided that they will all only make mods of battles in sectors which are "tank heavy"?

It is obvious now that you just don’t know that in CC5 all the AVFs that got destroyed, damaged, immobilized or taken in battle when your BG is cut and out of fuel, are listed in destroyed tanks column for the total losses. So basically if your BG is cut and you take 5 AVFs in battle and they don’t have fuel from start all 5 of them will be listed as damaged in battle debriefing screen and destroyed in operation debriefing screen while all of them remains in your roster
Same for ATGs, but obviously AVFs got more often damaged than ATGs Wink.

Quote:
Just thought i would do some research, on your behalf Dima, to try to support your belief that it was just the GJS sector of Normandy was TANK HEAVY v ATGs in CC5 mods

Yes, m8, don’t worry you are not the first I met who fails in making correct conclusion out of information massive available. Mainly that happens due to biased carelessness or lack of basic knowledge on topic one is trying to research :P

Quote:
Screenshot from your CC5 UTAH sector GC has 172 tanks v 66 guns destroyed after 6 days
Nearly 3 Tanks per Gun

German losses: 47 AVFs vs 47 ATGs – everything is clear here IMO, the Germans mainly use ATGs and SPGs (counted as AVFs) to counter the US advance.

US losses: 125 AVFs vs 19 ATGs – here we can see that the US commander heavily replies on AVFs to break through the German lines fast and that’s why there are a lot of damaged, immobilized and destroyed AVFs listed under Armor losses. He doesn’t use ATGs much as there are not many German AVFs available.
And that’s June 1944 where most of infantry teams have solid AT weapons capable of at least immobilizing AVF (they are listed under total Armor losses, yes Wink), not mentioning RzPB, GzB and PzF.

Quote:
Screenshot from Desert Rats Stalingrad team GC has 153 tanks v 74 guns destroyed
More than 2 Tanks per Guns
http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/1408/uo0086.jpg

Soviet losses: 44 AVF vs 53 ATGs – again the Soviets are in defense using a lot of ATGs as they lack number of AVFs to counter the German advance.

German losses: 109 AVFs vs 21 ATGs – and again we can see that the German side tries to utilize its number superiority in AVF numbers and breach the opponent defense but taken a lot of KO, damages and immobilizations in such hard battle terrain as modern city.

And yes, that’s September 1942 and most of infantry teams lack AT capability but there are a lot of ATRs that can damage/immobilize AVFs.

Quote:
Screenshot from Desert Rats (7A) vs DAK - Stalingrad West Op has 178 tanks v 50 guns destroyed
More than 3 Tanks per Gun
http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/1064/overdc3.jpg

Now we see meeting Operation that was balanced with fairly same number of AVFs per side and that’s why:
Soviet losses: 96 AVFs vs 20 ATGs.

German losses: 82 AVFs vs 30 ATGs.
Pretty same ratio as both sides try to advance with AVFs and counter enemy AVFs with their ATGs.

Quote:
Screenshot from Desert Rats (7A) vs German Soldiers - Stalingrad North has 42 tanks v 37 guns destroyed
Better, but still more Tanks than Guns
http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/2068/uo0018mo9.jpg

Again meeting with fairly same number of AVFs:
Soviet losses: 15 AVFs vs 20 ATGs.

German losses: 27 AVFs vs 17 ATGs.

Quote:
Screenshot from AA vs GS clan war - Stalingrad south sector has 81 tanks v 79 guns destroyed
Better, but still more Tanks than Guns
http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/4084/579qx.jpg

And same again:

Soviet losses: 42 AVFs vs 40 ATGs.

German losses: 39 AVFs vs 39 ATGs.

What conclusion can we make out of these examples generously shown by AGS?
1) If there is historical forces employed in GC where one side attacks than this side will generally loose more AVFs than ATGs as damaged/immobilized/KO as usually he has more AVFs in his Tank units to attack enemy infantry units with.
2) If there is historical forces employed in GC where one side in defense  with mainly infantry units few supporting tank units than this side will generally loose more or pretty same number of ATGs in comparison to AVFs.
3) If there is operation that balances number of AVFs for both sides than the proportion of losses AVFvsATG is pretty same for both sides.

Quote:
Well, your TRSM GC had a Tank/Gun loss ratios of more than 4 tanks per Gun
Yes, the other mods seem to show a less unrealistic (Wont say more realistic) Tank/Guns loss ratios than TRSM
Research has proved, in regard to Tank/Gun loss ratios, that TRSM is the MOST UNREALISTIC CC5 mod yet!

M8, your research has proven that you need to spend some time learning how to make researches Wink.

TRSM simulates GJS sector, where unlike other Normandy sectors or Stalingrad, the defender has very good number of AVFs to counter attackers AVFs as !!!surprise!!! WW2 showed that AVF is the best AT weapon Wink.

Now let’s see:

German losses: 207 AVF vs 41 ATG.

UK/Can losses: 205 AVF vs 52 ATG.

Game wise: I have a lot of BGs cut off, so each time I go in battle with 4-5 immobilized AVFs that increase total number of Armor losses in GC Debrief screen – is it realistic to fight with immobilized tanks when the enemy cut your supply lines?
Stalky has to rely heavily on his AVFs to make a progress and that’s why I KO/damage/immobilize a lot of his AVFs that listed under Armor losses in GC debrief screen.

History wise: example 12.SS-PzD had 35 ATGs and over 200 AVFs on June 6th 1944 – so what would 12.SS-PzD more likely to lose statistically as KO/damaged – AVF or ATG?

And yes 2 other Pz divisions there had pretty same ratio of AVF vs ATG in roster Wink. And they are the main “players” for the Germans in TRSM. Btw the density of PzUnit per front km was higher in GJS than during Zitadelle.

Take in mind that 90% of ATGs in GJS sectors had 1 shot kill capability against 99% of the Allies AVFs, not mentioning good number of PzF, RPzB, GzB and other HHL Smile.  

So again, you conclusion is wrong and TRSM is the most realistic mod in CC (not only 5) as it offers detailed simulation of forces and equipment for both sides in GJS sector in June 1944.

Quote:
Just out of curiosity...........
This CC3 anomily of invisible ATGs.. that was later cured in a CC4/CC5......
Was it in the Data Base files, or the exe      
(not a rhetorical question)

Im pretty sure it was not in data.

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:35 pm Post subject: Re: CC5 vs CC3 Reply with quote

Stalky has humour..he has actually shown an image of himself with "knocked out teeth"  Very Happy

teath1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  16.4 KB
 Viewed:  10820 Time(s)

teath1.jpg

papa_whisky

Rep: 42.2
votes: 4

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:41 am Post subject: Re: CC5 vs CC3 Reply with quote

You guys are great after all these years still hammering away at which game is better....I look forward to the next time this is debated in 5 years time :)

I like them both for different reasons, but have probably spent more time playing CCIII than V.

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 99.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:14 am Post subject: Re: CC5 vs CC3 Reply with quote

I can see the headlines from the year 2016...

Palestinians and Isrealis make Peace!!!

Iraqi Shiites and Sunni's join forces!!!

Northern Irish and Republicans unite!!!

And finally - CC3 and CC5 fans still at loggerheads!!

acebars

Rep: -6.7
votes: 2

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:17 am Post subject: Re: CC5 vs CC3 Reply with quote

Quote:
Palestinians and Isrealis make Peace!!!

Iraqi Shiites and Sunni's join forces!!!

Northern Irish and Republicans unite!!!

And Australia finally allows immigration!  Very Happy (I actually happen to agree with Australia)

Quote:
I can see the headlines from the year 2016...

I can see a different headline, Close Combat VI comes out, an incredible new historical strategy game featuring a 3D down birds eye view, featuring all the benefits of CCMT, the best of CC3 + CC2 combined and the strategy map based on a HOI2 strategy engine.

-A limited force pool with the ability to allocate sector points to each BG and operational points as a whole (like in CC2) or likewise the possibility of a unit reinforcement pool for a whole division with units only available and updated on that day or left overs from previous days. (A revamp of the CC2 reinforcement system).

-15-30+ units per team, 5 teams available on each side (like in CCMT) and unit stacking on the strategy map.

-Preselected bombardement and limited during battle bombardement possibilities (CC3 + CCMT mixed)

-Strategy map includes possibilty of fleeing/withdrawing from a battle. (CC2/CC3)

-AT guns can be moved with vehicles or towed by infantry + horses and must flee off map with this method to be able to retain their guns uncaptured.

-Crews can be made to abandoned their vehicles/tanks/guns and also ordered back into them, other crews can also be ordered into them (this de facto happened in many battles).

-Captured tanks have a chance of being available in the force pool. (CC3 sort of does this but not really)

-Mounting of vehicles and digging in (like in CCMT).

-Possibility of neutrals who have either no disposition or are disposed to one side or another i.e. civilians caught in between fighting (this would enable you to have sympathetic to vietcong neutral villagers in a Vietnam mod for example who would normally be neutral but also have a very small chance of trying to join the fight independently as ad hocs, particularly useful in uprising mods).

There is so much more, I could go on.

I have a dream. That my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by what Close Combat game they play but because the game they play is the best in the Close Combat series. I have a dream today!  Wink

US_Brake

Rep: 24.2
votes: 22

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:14 pm Post subject: Re: CC5 vs CC3 Reply with quote

You have to be drunk to think CC5 is better than CC3.   Laughing

Close Combat's most infamous SOB
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:38 am Post subject: Re: CC5 vs CC3 Reply with quote

Based on the strengths of the 2 games you would think there would be something taking the best of both....

TLD has points that can be used if desired/agreed for single player (human player only) or H2H (honorable players only)

TLD BG Points.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  216.56 KB
 Viewed:  10680 Time(s)

TLD BG Points.jpg

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:51 am Post subject: Re: CC5 vs CC3 Reply with quote

LSA has points that must be used in single player and H2H

The points are available based on the formation and BG

LSA BG Points.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  196.79 KB
 Viewed:  10673 Time(s)

LSA BG Points.jpg

acebars

Rep: -6.7
votes: 2

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:09 am Post subject: Re: CC5 vs CC3 Reply with quote

Tejszd wrote (View Post):
Based on the strengths of the 2 games you would think there would be something taking the best of both....

TLD has points that can be used if desired/agreed for single player (human player only) or H2H (honorable players only)

Personally would drop everything in CC4 and CC5 for a future CC game (if I was making it).

Quote:
LSA has points that must be used in single player and H2H

The points are available based on the formation and BG

A step in the right direction.

ArmeeGruppeSud

Rep: 9.5
votes: 7

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:49 am Post subject: Re: CC5 vs CC3 Reply with quote

AT_Stalky wrote (View Post):
Thats aggregated losses for the whole campaign, not tactical losses in June. And yeh, the lost guns are AT-Guns and Flak guns and Artillery guns, do they also include the naval guns lost?
Yeah, M8.  As i have said in a previous post.
Read back if its something that is unclear.  :wink:

RIP

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=10576

Last edited by ArmeeGruppeSud on Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:27 am; edited 1 time in total

ArmeeGruppeSud

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:58 am Post subject: Re: CC5 vs CC3 Reply with quote

Dima wrote (View Post):
Not nescesarily, only if my opponent or i were defending would we have more Guns than AFVs
When my opponent, or i, were playing in an offensive operation, as the attacker, we would have more tanks than guns. Thats logical and tactically normal.

CHEERS

AGS

RIP

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=10576

Last edited by ArmeeGruppeSud on Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:13 am; edited 1 time in total

ArmeeGruppeSud

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:11 am Post subject: Re: CC5 vs CC3 Reply with quote

Dima wrote (View Post):
2) ATGs couldn’t deal with AVFs employed in battle (like 3,7cm vs KV or 76mm vs Tiger).
No, this was not the case,

(A) it would be foolish to requisition inadequate guns to destroy the enemy tanks, so we did'nt.

(B)The guns were lost in greater numbers, primarily because of the fact that guns are far more vulnerable than AFVs

e.g.

Guns can be destroyed by all HE shells, whereas Tanks cannot (exception BIG HE shells)

Guns can be destoyed by light and medium mortars and hand grenades, whereas Tanks cannot

Hence, guns were destroyed in greater numbers because of their greater vulnerability

CHEERS

AGS

RIP

ArmeeGruppeSud

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:25 am Post subject: Re: CC5 vs CC3 Reply with quote

Dima wrote (View Post):
Yes, we probably did requisition more Guns than AFVs during the campaign.

So whats wrong with that?

Nothing

Its just mimmicking actual, real, historical WW2 warfare  Very Happy   Wink

CC3 is not a ArmorFest like CC5  Wink

CHEERS

AGS

RIP

ArmeeGruppeSud

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:49 am Post subject: Re: CC5 vs CC3 Reply with quote

Dima wrote (View Post):
M8, your research has proven that you need to spend some time learning how to make researches
Your comment just shows that your rash judgment on my research is flawed.
Your comments, that inspired the research, implied that, because GJS was tank heavy sector (which i don't dispute) that other CC5 games may show statistical results that reflected the general historical tank/gun loss ratios which occured during WW2 (which, hisorically were usually between 1/5 and 1/10 )tank/gun).

But they didn't  Wink

Would you care to do some genuine research to prove me wrong?

Didn't think so  Wink

My conclusion, from the sound research, is that CC5 forcepools generally include more tanks than guns, am i right, or am i wrong?

CHEERS

AGS

RIP

Last edited by ArmeeGruppeSud on Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

ArmeeGruppeSud

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:53 am Post subject: Re: CC5 vs CC3 Reply with quote

Dima wrote (View Post):
History wise: example 12.SS-PzD had 35 ATGs and over 200 AVFs on June 6th 1944 – so what would 12.SS-PzD more likely to lose statistically as KO/damaged – AVF or ATG?
LOL

Of course, for your example, you use an ARMOURED DIVISION, which, OF COURSE, is TANK HEAVY!

Seriously, there were more infantry divisions in Normandy, and everywhere for that matter, than armoured divisions  Laughing

Now imost of the heavy equipment in infantry divisions were guns, with little or no significant AFVs  Wink

CHEERS

AGS

RIP

ArmeeGruppeSud

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:59 am Post subject: Re: CC5 vs CC3 Reply with quote

Dima wrote (View Post):
TRSM is the most realistic mod in CC (not only 5) as it offers detailed simulation of forces and equipment for both sides in GJS sector in June 1944.
Dima ol' buddy

There is no doubting that TRSM is the most realistic and probably the best (sorry sapa) CC5 mod (i never said otherwise).

Was just razzing you because of its overall statistical results  Razz

CHEERS

AGS

RIP

ArmeeGruppeSud

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:02 pm Post subject: Re: CC5 vs CC3 Reply with quote

Sapa wrote (View Post):
Stalky has humour..he has actually shown an image of himself with "knocked out teeth"  Very Happy
Thanks for the pic Sapa  Wink

Now the image of my Stalker will be imprinted into my nightmares too  Shocked

CHEERS

.AGS

RIP

ArmeeGruppeSud

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:04 pm Post subject: Re: CC5 vs CC3 Reply with quote

US_Brake wrote (View Post):
You have to be drunk to think CC5 is better than CC3.   Laughing
Good point

They say in the colder climates (where CC5 is most popular) that they drink a lot of vodka to keep warm  Wink

CHEERS

AGS

RIP

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:29 am Post subject: Re: CC5 vs CC3 Reply with quote

Thats not true  Wink  we drink vodka to keep us in the trenches and not running as the girls in the new CC  Very Happy

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Jump to: