Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1212
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Author
ArmeeGruppeSud

Rep: 9.5
votes: 7

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:01 pm Post subject: Re: CC5 vs CC3 Reply with quote

Pzt_Kevin_dtn wrote (View Post):
Why is there continued interest in CC3 when CC5 is available with multiple mods operating under the CC5 format.  Is it strictly the interest in the eastern front?  Do people feel the AI is better?  Is it easier to mod?

Well i think it is about time to review, summarize the main, critical, significant, pertinant points in this debate so far.

CC3 +es

Tejszd wrote (View Post):
1) a bit better AI (probably more to do with the smaller maps)
2) a wide range of equipment is available as the game covers many years which allows for some neat options in that a battle/operation maker can control what is available (rarity)
3) individual squads/units can be upgraded
4) individual squads/units can be rested without losing their history
5) points allow freedom to "buy" whatever you want but will stop someone from having all tanks or veteran units or...
6) you can flee a battle
7) prearranged bombardment for a battle (setup by the battle/operation maker)

ANZAC_Tack wrote (View Post):
points made u choose most effecient, or attacking in numbers or smaller quality units. another tactical edge

9 Soldier's personal histories
ArmeeGruppeSud wrote (View Post):
It was the soldier personal stats that realy got me hooked with CC1!

During a DOF CC3 H2H Campaign, one SS soldat, Schuss, began his career as a buck private during Fall Blau (early in 1942)
Eventually Schuss , after a distinguished career, including 8 promotions, met his demise on Prokhorovka Ridge as Hauptman Schuss, when his Kommand Panther was fatally struck by a bazooka rocket.
In CC5, that could never happen   Sad

Legendary CC Heroes, i will never forget their names, Schuss, Frieder, and so many other legendary sprites in my CC Campaigns

CC3 is so much easier to mod than CC5

In CC3, it is so much easier to create game balance than CC5 (because of points system)
CC3 has far fewer bugs and glitches than CC5

CC3 lends itself far better to online play than CC5

Please also note that, just like in the real historical statistics, the amount of artillery losses is much higher than that of AFV losses (actually double).
This is what WW2 stats should look like!

.    CC3 has more detailed Battle, Operation and Campaign Debriefs screens

CC3 players want to experience simulated ww2 combat command in the battles that actually happenned, in the historical order they happenned, its fun.

CC3 involves more closecombat time (none wasted looking at stratmap)

18 You can play:
MMCC3

In CC3 you have a lot more choices as to what you can deploy on the battlefield

CC3 gives you the opportunity to play during many different time periods throughout WW2

CC3 better simulates a real command than CC5
Quote:
Because it simulates one command, being one officer, commanding one company. ..... Commanding men that you know and have personally grown fond of as you nurture them, watching them gain experience, get promoted, men with names that you remember, names whom you grieve over/miss when they are gone

CC3 Has larger standard sprite graphics, then it has a ZOOM too  Cool

[23]
Historical Campaign (Linear campaign Wink )

CC3 - es

[1]
CC3 does not have a strat map.

[2]
Linear campaign (Historical Campaign  Wink )

(Both of which i regard as CC3 strengths  Wink )

CC5 +es

Ivan309 wrote (View Post):
CC5 is focused in infantery, which in my opinion is alot more interesting and challenging than running down your opponent with tanks.
.       CC3 can be very infantry focused as i proved on page 2

2  It has a strat map
AT_Stalky wrote (View Post):
However, the CC5 system offers more diverse interaction with its macro and multiple micro level views of the war. That obviously (and statistically proven) has its appeal to so many CC-players…

The combination of the strategy layer and the tactical layers objectives is the strength in the CC5 system. In a CC5 GC game, the VL are or low importance, they are just nominal in its nature. The importance in a CC5 GC is the real value, as in taking the right exits/entry’s and combine that tactical layer objectives with the overall strategy layer objectives… This is a strong side of the CC5 strategy layer, that offers REAL value objectives in the tactical fight.

3 It has a strat map
zoober wrote (View Post):
Doesn't strat map of CC4/CC5 offer more choices for the players? I think it does.

.    Just to prove that i am truly objective in this debate, i will now put forward what i think is the most significant aspect that CC5 has over CC3
In CC5 a company is likely to have just one type of AFV in battle (which was common in WW2)
e.g. 4 PzIVs, or 4 PzIIIs, or 4 StuGs, or 4 T34s, or 4 Shermans, rather than the eklectic forces that are often seen in CC3 battles. Though this can be adjusted in CC3 mods, or, in player agreed rules (a factor that CC3 never normally needs, but is a nescesary evil in CC5).

Non-Linear campaign (ahistorical campaign  Wink )

Supply lines, determined by the strat map, affects ammo & fuel in battle for units

Tanks can crush fences & hedges on maps in battle

Very Happy  Hey, this one i like  Cool

CC5 - es

[1]
Only 44 maps

[2]
You can play a whole CC5 campaign without even playing on all of them  Rolling Eyes

[3]
Playing on the same maps over and over and over again ......, you might fight a dozen battles each on 2 or 3 maps  Shocked

[4]
Then there are the tiny vehicle and soldier graphics, and no zoom aaghhh!  Surprised

[5]
Then there is the total waste of combat time stuffing around with the stupid strat map when you could actually be engaging in "CLOSE COMBAT".

[6]
In CC5 there is virtually no soldier history, because a unit may be shot up a bit, so you put it back in force pool (where it is immediately automatically put back to full strength with no loss/liability/penalty) and when you reacquisition it, all the names are new and the original soldiers' combat histories are lost.
About the only teams that ever seem to build much statistics are mortar teams (boring).

[7]
acebars wrote (View Post):
But personally find the strategy execution of these last installments is simply woeful, movement phase and battle phase included. For example: There are these odd and strange reinforcement pool rules as well as units spontaneously disbanding after losing battles only to spawn a day later on a supply point 5 sectors behind lines.

[8] An unrealistic command simulation (multiple identity disorder)
Quote:
5) it doesn't represent a real command at all, because it is a fantasy world where you are a Fieldmarshall commanding several regiments and you are also several battalion commanders and dozens of company commanders as well. You are not at all in touch with your men because you are sufferring with multiple identity disorder, so realistic  Rolling Eyes
Quote:
Not like CC5 where you suffer with a multiple identity disorder, as you bounce around making decisions at several command levels (ahistorical & unrealistic) as a General moving regiments, a Colonel moving battalions, a Major moving companies, and finally, the company commander moving squads.

[9]
Ahistorical Campaign  (Non-Linear Campaign Wink )

[10]
CC5 also has weirdly innacurate, unrealistic statistics in its debrief screens
Dima wrote (View Post):
in CC5 all the AVFs that got destroyed, damaged, immobilized or taken in battle when your BG is cut and out of fuel, are listed in destroyed tanks column for the total losses. So basically if your BG is cut and you take 5 AVFs in battle and they don’t have fuel from start all 5 of them will be listed as damaged in battle debriefing screen and destroyed in operation debriefing screen while all of them remains in your roster
So damaged in 1 stat, destroyed in another stat, but actually still available and in perfect condition for use later
Dima wrote (View Post):
Game wise: I have a lot of BGs cut off, so each time I go in battle with 4-5 immobilized AVFs that increase total number of Armor losses in GC Debrief screen – is it realistic
So even tanks not lost, get counted as lost   Shocked
CC5 stats will break Stwa's BS metre  Wink

NOT FINISHED YET, WILL EDIT LATER  

CHEERS

AGS

RIP

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=10576

Last edited by ArmeeGruppeSud on Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:51 am; edited 5 times in total

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:02 pm Post subject: Re: CC5 vs CC3 Reply with quote

Here are a couple more CC5 +es

Supply lines, determined by the strat map, affects ammo & fuel in battle for units

Tanks can crush fences & hedges on maps in battle

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 99.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:23 am Post subject: Re: CC5 vs CC3 Reply with quote

I like CC3, all it needs added is a strat map, force polls, then set it in Normandy and it would be perfect!

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:48 am Post subject: Re: CC5 vs CC3 Reply with quote

I like CC3, all it needs added is a strat map, force polls, then set it in Normandy and it would be perfect!

Laughing  Laughing

One of the better lines I have seen in a long time.  Exclamation

acebars

Rep: -6.7
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:22 pm Post subject: Re: CC5 vs CC3 Reply with quote

Been a bit quiet here lately.

Just discovered more bullshit by the oppostion namely that "bayonets were used as a main infantry tactic during WW2"

Weapons actually innovated during WW2 on both sides did not prioritize a bayonet.

For example I just discovered the Gewehr 43 had no bayonet fixture, the germans were quite able to provide a fixture but it was considered not a necessity.

Conclusion of this debate CC3 logically and factually wins hands down over CC5 which has to use BS arguments to win.

ArmeeGruppeSud

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:08 am Post subject: Re: CC5 vs CC3 Reply with quote

CC5 could be a good close combat game,....IF:

it had a points based system

and

IF it had larger tank graphics

and

it had a zoom

and

if it was easier to mod

CHEERS

AGS

RIP

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=10576

Last edited by ArmeeGruppeSud on Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:23 am; edited 2 times in total

ArmeeGruppeSud

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:09 am Post subject: Re: CC5 vs CC3 Reply with quote

CC5 could be a good close combat game,....IF:

it had a realistic command simulation

and

it had a good system of soldier history statistics

CHEERS

AGS

RIP

Last edited by ArmeeGruppeSud on Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:22 am; edited 2 times in total

ArmeeGruppeSud

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:09 am Post subject: Re: CC5 vs CC3 Reply with quote

CC5 could be a good Close Combat game,.....IF:

if it could have unlimited maps like CC3

and

if it was not limited to such a short period

and

it was set on the Eastern Front where WW2 realy happenned  :wink:

CHEERS

AGS

RIP

Last edited by ArmeeGruppeSud on Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:25 am; edited 1 time in total

ArmeeGruppeSud

CC5 could be a good Cose Combat game,....IF:

it had a points based system

and

IF it had larger tank graphics

and

it had a zoom

and

if it was easier to mod

and

it had a realistic command simulation

and

it had a good system of soldier history/statistics

and

if it could have unlimited maps like CC3

and

if it was not limited to such a short period

and

it was set on the Eastern Front where WW2 realy happenned   Wink  

CHEERS

AGS

RIP

Last edited by ArmeeGruppeSud on Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:30 am; edited 2 times in total

ArmeeGruppeSud

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:10 am Post subject: Re: CC5 vs CC3 Reply with quote

OK, updated scores for CC3 & CC5 from the post @ top of this page

CC3:  +23 &  -02  = +21

CC5:  +07 &  -10  = -03

So CC3's score is positive 21   Very Happy

and CC5's score is minus 3  Crying or Very sad

CHEERS

AGS

RIP

southern_land

Rep: 155.2
votes: 14

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:27 am Post subject: Re: CC5 vs CC3 Reply with quote

hey Suds, clearly you are an international banker and money man with those sort of calculations

tigercub

Rep: 23.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:19 am Post subject: Re: CC5 vs CC3 Reply with quote

my 2 cents i prefer russian front but want GJS(stalingrad) type of map campaign so CC5 wins for me.

Tiger

The best Target is the one you just Hit!

Started with CC1 Demo

ArmeeGruppeSud

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:42 am Post subject: Re: CC5 vs CC3 Reply with quote

southern_land wrote (View Post):
hey Suds, clearly you are an international banker and money man with those sort of calculations
tigercub wrote (View Post):
my 2 cents i prefer russian front but want GJS(stalingrad) type of map campaign so CC5 wins for me.
Its all in good fun guys  Very Happy   Wink

Pzt_Kevin_dtn threw down the gauntlet, so i picked it up and slapped him with it  Mad  

The score can be ammended, if anyone addS any minus or plus points for each CC version, i will update the score.

At this time CC3 has a clear lead of 24 points  Razz

CHEERS

AGS

RIP

Dima

Rep: 87.3

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:14 am Post subject: Re: CC5 vs CC3 Reply with quote

Well, I actually decided to give a try to CC3:RR H2H GC to see if maybe I had forgotten something good in CC3. I didn't Smile.

Now I am 100% sure that CC5 is a huge evolution in comparison to CC3 even on tactical level as:

Suppress doesn't work as in CC5 - you can set HMG, mortar, couple of rifle squads and couple of tanks/guns firing at enemy gun and it will still fire at you reliably, of cause same for your guns vs enemy targets.

Scouting doesn't work as in CC5 - my 4exp/4morale scouts couldn't spot ATG at 20m that was firing at them with rifles and gun. Needless to say ATG has spotted them sneaking in high grass and killed.

Smoke doesn't work as in CC5 - small arms reliaibly kill sneaking infantry behind a smoke screen.

Leadership doesn't work in CC3 as intended - 4exp/4morale teams with Independent Action in description start to rout if they are not next to the commander and they see enemy nearby, without enemy beeing shooting at them.

Infantry combat is just one big joke in comparison to CC5.

These engine (?) bugs multiplied by crappy RR data (is it mainly from stock CC3?) and awful map coding makes CC3:RR unplayable for me after I have experience playing good CC5 mods. Although in early 2000s I thought it was pretty much good but everything is known in comparison Smile.

Stwa

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:55 am Post subject: Re: CC5 vs CC3 Reply with quote

Arrow

ArmeeGruppeSud

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:38 pm Post subject: Re: CC5 vs CC3 Reply with quote

@ Dima

Real Red Data, say no more  Rolling Eyes

The "Elements.txt" is horrible, your tanks will see some uneven ground ahead and their tracks will immediately fall off  Shocked

Stwa wrote (View Post):
Too Much Laser Green For Moi
LOL, you do know that you can turn those Team Info Display Bars off  Wink

The only time i have those on is during deployment and have them set on "cover", then turn them off before starting battle.

In CC5 you gotta have them on all the time so you can find your teams (because CC5 graphics are so microscopic  Razz )

CHEERS

AGS

RIP

Stwa

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:03 pm Post subject: Re: CC5 vs CC3 Reply with quote

OK,

I admit, I am confused. Please explain.

Which laser green bars can you turn off?

Can you turn off the laser green bars over the map areas?  and/or ...

Can you turn off the laser green bars on the team monitor? (where the team names are displayed)

What happens when the team gets creamed. Is the laser green changed to laser red or something?

I dont recall laser green horizontal bars in CC5, so I quess I never figured out how to turn them on.

Me thinks CCMT uses green bars on the team monitor, but they are not laser green for some unknown reason.

southern_land

Rep: 155.2
votes: 14

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:12 am Post subject: Re: CC5 vs CC3 Reply with quote

just go you your options and tunr tyhem on or off.... CC4 onwards got rid of the bars and put in little stars or cross and made them transparent, a lot less in your face looking... another substantial benefit Cc5 enjoys over cc3 Very Happy

Stwa

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:54 am Post subject: Re: CC5 vs CC3 Reply with quote

Hi,

But which ones, if you noticed there are laser green horizonatal bars all over the display.

The ones I am most worried about are the horizontal bars on the team display(monitor), where the team names are.

Can you turn these off?

In CCMT, these bars (the ones in the team display) change colors as the unit loses strength. They go red, then black, when the team is all KIA.

I am worried CC3, has adopted a 16 (laser) color standard for these bars.

Also, like CC4, CCMT uses little colored crosses (NOT laser green bars) for the team icon displays that can appear next to the teams on the main map.

ArmeeGruppeSud

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:32 pm Post subject: Re: CC5 vs CC3 Reply with quote

@ Stwa

You can turn off the bars above the squads/vehicles in options as SL told you

and if you dont want to see the green of the teams display monitor, then turn the team display monitor off,
A by using F7 (or F5)

or by clicking the right hand end of team display monitor
then all that will be on screen is the battle (this is how i like it)
I will reopen team display monitor only when needed

F6 toggles minimap i think

CHEERS

AGS

RIP

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Jump to: