Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Author
waldganger

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:36 pm Post subject: Der Kessel : the best and the most original mod CC5 ! Reply with quote

Pzjäger congratulations!

I think that Der Kessel is the best and the most original mod CC5! I was curious to discover this mod and I am really rewarded!!

The scenario is varied with, in a first part, the encirclement of the 6th army and, in a second part, the counter-attack of Manstein.

Lastly, the maps, the sounds are very well. And as the maps are not too large, the AI is aggressive (I await the veterans submod impatiently…).
Pzjäger, cheer for this very successful mod! It is sure: The mod Kursk will take delay if I begin the grand campaign of SDK! !
Wink

Searry

Rep: 3.2
votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:04 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

But the maps are buggy as hell. But good work pzjager, just release the vetmods.

Antifa

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:05 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Pzjaeger on Finishing this -- I've been playing Rome Total War (and all the mods to go with it) for the past fews months but I've just dl'ed the mod and I'm going to reinstall CC5 to get it going. Nice job -- you put an increbible amount of work into it!!!

Razz

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:56 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree! The first time I saw PJ's amazing looking snow covered urban ruins maps...I knew this is going to be a good one...and I was right!
I'm looking forward to spend hours upon hours playing SDK...thanks Pzjaeger! I didn't get any sleep last night...and looks like tonight will be the same story Very Happy .

MörserCarl

Rep: 37.1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:19 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one issue with the maps! I've turned the heat on in this room where my computer is, but those maps look so damn realistically cold that they nearly make me shiver. Another great map artist has entered the CC mod stage... superb!

One question though... those tanks are moving rather slowly on the snow covered battlefields... I am probably wrong in my assumptions, but having watched several documentaries I would have thought that wide tracked Russian tanks, such as the T-34, would still move faster over snow than infantry. Pz_Jäger?

It's just a GAME after all...

pzjager

Rep: 12.3

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:45 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

MörserCarl wrote:
I have one issue with the maps! I've turned the heat on in this room where my computer is, but those maps look so damn realistically cold that they nearly make me shiver. Another great map artist has entered the CC mod stage... superb!

One question though... those tanks are moving rather slowly on the snow covered battlefields... I am probably wrong in my assumptions, but having watched several documentaries I would have thought that wide tracked Russian tanks, such as the T-34, would still move faster over snow than infantry. Pz_Jäger?

Hi,

You are right....but I did not succeed in making the tanks go faster! It seems that there is a maximum speed allowed in the CC play, and as my maps are mainly covered with deep snow....
At least, this leaves a chance not to be totally overrunned in 2 minutes!!

But I will continue to look for a solution. For the v.1.1 version...

Cheers
PJ

pzjager

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:46 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Searry wrote:
But the maps are buggy as hell. But good work pzjager, just release the vetmods.

Buggy??? Where?
Give examples, pliz

Cheers
Panzerjäger

Luft_Ultravist

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:24 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

yes the mod is amazing. I'm romanian and i think the romanian units are very realistic - i feel very close to my fellows in the snow Smile. But i also think that the sounds could have been a little more worked out, giving more depth to the game. Maybe a sound submod will get out... i will change my current work for gjs 4.4 sound mod to kessel mod..but it will take some time and i will change only some weapons sounds like the carcano or the berreta smg for example.
Good work Pzjager

pzjager

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:04 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Luft_Ultravist wrote:
yes the mod is amazing. I'm romanian and i think the romanian units are very realistic - i feel very close to my fellows in the snow Smile. But i also think that the sounds could have been a little more worked out, giving more depth to the game. Maybe a sound submod will get out... i will change my current work for gjs 4.4 sound mod to kessel mod..but it will take some time and i will change only some weapons sounds like the carcano or the berreta smg for example.
Good work Pzjager

Hi!

Very interesting! I can tell you that most of the beta testers told me that in the first (unreleased) version the sounds were too deapth! That's, I believe, the proof that all the players don't have the same feel about all the particular aspects of the game!!!!
So, you can imagine how difficult it is to do a mod that will satisfy everyone!!!

Anyway, If you add some ideas about improving the sounds and voices of SDK, just send me a PM and we can discuss together: I am open to everything if it is constructive, not only criticism. And I see that you are in favor or help.

Best regards
Panzerjäger

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:32 am Post subject: Reply with quote

pzjager thank you for the mod! Razz

Luft_Ultravist

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:57 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok Pzjager! I have some problems with changing the sounds in the game, but if you give me your mail address i can send you at least weekly a couple of weapon sounds from which you can choose the ones you like and see fit to add to a sound mod.

pzjager

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:35 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Luft_Ultravist wrote:
Ok Pzjager! I have some problems with changing the sounds in the game, but if you give me your mail address i can send you at least weekly a couple of weapon sounds from which you can choose the ones you like and see fit to add to a sound mod.

pzjager [at] hotmail [dot] fr

as you can see in my profile.

Waiting for your sounds
Cheers
Panzerjäger

Vman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:30 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just played a bit of the mod and I am glad to say it is fantastic. Great work!

*goes back to playing Der Kessel*

pzjager

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:19 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi to all of you,

Just wanted to thank you all for your kind messages. I have worked a lot for the mod for more than two years and your posts are really the best reward I can get.
Just one thing: I have seen that very few of you have downloaded the vetmods: DO IT! I can tell you that it is really the real challenge that sticks to the historical reality and will give you all the fun.....even if you will have to be prepared to some kick ass....

Cheers
Have fun
PJ

yuma

Rep: 11.6

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 3:24 am Post subject: Reply with quote

fantastic work pzjager!!! gameplay has been great so far and i have to agree with a previous poster...the maps have the best look and feel to them of any close combat maps! brrrrrrrrrrrrr.......
thanks for all the work you did.

jagd_jar1

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:51 am Post subject: Thumbs up!! Reply with quote

I am very happy that you continued your hard laborious work and finished this great mod!
I was in a heartbroken panic when you nearly gave up. Fortunately for us You persevered and made a fantastic mod.!
I really appreciate the comlplexity of the strat map and its blocked roads. It's going to take me a while to figure out how to stay in supply as germans in Historical Campaign.
Bravo!!

Encore !!(haha!!!) Razz

pzjager

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:15 am Post subject: Re: Thumbs up!! Reply with quote

jagd_jar1 wrote:
I am very happy that you continued your hard laborious work and finished this great mod!
I was in a heartbroken panic when you nearly gave up. Fortunately for us You persevered and made a fantastic mod.!
I really appreciate the comlplexity of the strat map and its blocked roads. It's going to take me a while to figure out how to stay in supply as germans in Historical Campaign.
Bravo!!

Encore !!(haha!!!) Razz

That's why I am writing a strategy guide. I understand that the game GC is really hard when you play as the germans just because you have limiteed supply and run the risk of loosing your airports at any time!

I can tell you that you have to follow some rules or you will be destroyed even before the Wintergewitter.

This guide should be finished within one week.

Cheers
Panzerjäger

omnologue

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:33 pm Post subject: Will start all overnew as well :-) Reply with quote

Antifa wrote:
Congrats Pzjaeger on Finishing this -- I've been playing Rome Total War (and all the mods to go with it) for the past fews months but I've just dl'ed the mod and I'm going to reinstall CC5 to get it going. Nice job -- you put an increbible amount of work into it!!!

Razz

Total war is indeed great - but just got Alexander to Taxila and am ready for this new challenge. Ah, loving it! Utah, GJS, Omaha, Meuse, Stalingrad. Thanks for all the great work, modders !!!!!! Thanks Panzerjager! Amazing how this game continues to grasp me after so many years... . It's the mods who do it. I am pretty hooked on Total War and Civilization as well - but the mods there are far less creative than what the modders in CC keep on making.

shabe

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:30 am Post subject: Reply with quote

This is indeed the best CC mod i played! Great work pzjager!

Drizzt

Rep: 121
votes: 9

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:10 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Pzjager, I have started a GC with your mod and I can say that I'm positively astonished.. The maps are beatiful: I know this from long time thanks to the screenshots but now I know that the rest of the mod is superp as the maps: sounds are marvelous: "atmosphere" sounds (I have heard for example an "anti aircraft alarm" after an airstrike), and weapon sounds: expecially when combat is very close . AT troops are very well done: the russian tanks are strong but AT teams have the serious possibility to destroy them if they are well positioned. Good work with Kv1-s armour: I'm glad is really difficult destroy it (is an example: more in general all armours are very good). BGs are very various in force pools: this means different strategies for win a battle: more brain to use. Graphic is excellent: (katyusha for example is wonderful), but also .gdg graphic is very well done. In another words many thanks for this great mod!, sure I will enjoy with it, again thanks. Regards, Drizzt

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> CC5 Stalingrad Der Kessel
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Jump to: