Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1214
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Author
Pzt_Kevin_dtn

Rep: 10.9

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:06 pm Post subject: Where is Karelia 2.2 link Reply with quote

Sapa
I downloaded what I thought was 2.2 but I don't think the links are setup right. I downloaded it from the front/homepage and then tired again via the mods download section. I believe both are setup with 2.1. The updates state that it should be 2.2 but I think its still 2.1
- Config Manager description reads version 2.1
- Readme file reads 2.1
- there is NO German 122/303 in the mod
- strat map still functions with 2.1 restrictions

Could you please have this double checked so that we can access 2.2. Thank you

_dtn

Pzt_Kevin_dtn

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:22 pm Post subject: BRNames.txt error Reply with quote

Downloaded 2.2 but it will not install within the config mgr stating it could not find the following file:
BRNames.txt.

I downloaded twice and same message. Other mods are working.

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:16 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldnt you just take the BRNames file out of the pluginfolder and throw in into Data Base?

Sapa

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:16 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

this one...

Pzt_Kevin_dtn

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:50 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

got it working thanks. - It was actually missing the BRNames file from the Data folder within CLose Combat Invasion Normandy (SSI) so I placed it there.

Thatoneguy

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 8:47 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Sapa and the rest of the team that made this mod, I'd just like to tell you that this is my favorite mod right now. Since I don't ever play online I like how hard it is as the finns. I think this is the first mod where I have actually lost a map (up to 3 now, all in the south). Other than the Finn voice problem (I play with German voices now, so no big deal there) I cant really find anything wrong with this mod. The maps are absolutely fantastic and it's fun trying to stop the Russians!!!

Also when you say that no one says anything about the work you've done... if I were you I'd take that as a compliment, since if no ones saying anything, no ones complaining!

MorgTzu

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 3:19 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Long time lurker but this mod made me actually post Smile .

The graphics are wonderful, giving a unique mod experience (and I have played all the big ones). The maps are mostly medium sized and very well thought out, making the player think a lot in deployment if he wants a chance to survive as the wonderful finns Wink .

I don't mind using the german voices as I understand what they are saying better and it kind of gives me an alternate history feel. The units are so well researched and detailed (from my limited knowledge) that you get very immersed in the small unit tank jaeger roll. My only regret is that there are no smaller operations (like in winter war) to break up a very long campaign. That and fixing the finnish voices would make this mod a 10/10 in the cc5 pack.

Recommend playing with time limit on as there are some maps where the russians will camp a lot, forcing you to pull your hair out trying to get to their vl's. This seems to be mostly a ai thing. A vet mod, making the russian AI more aggresive would be great as an afterthought.

Is the mod maker still commenting in these forums?

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:32 am Post subject: Reply with quote

An old thread but found something out about the v2.2 install.txt....

remove $CC\Data\Ops\*

copy $THIS\Tali - Ihantala $CC\Data\Campaign\Tali - Ihantala
copy $THIS\Battle of Vuosalmi $CC\Data\Campaign\Battle of Vuosalmi
copy $THIS\South Front $CC\Data\Campaign\South Front
copy $THIS\Roads to Viipuri $CC\Data\Campaign\Roads to Viipuri

copy $CC\Data\Campaign\Grand Campaign $ORG\Grand Campaign
copy $CC\Data\Campaign\Airborne Attack $ORG\Airborne Attack
copy $CC\Data\Campaign\Attack on Cherbourg $ORG\Attack on Cherbourg
copy $CC\Data\Campaign\The North Flank $ORG\The North Flank

remove $CC\Data\Campaign\*

It removes the Ops and then copies the Karelia Ops to the campaign folder then delete the CC5 Campaigns including the just copied Karelia Ops. Copy Battle of Vuosalmi, Roads to Viipuri, South Front and Tali - Ihantala from the plugin directory or out of the CC5_Karelia2.zip to $CC\Data\Ops\

Also here is an updated install.txt to add into "CC5_Karelia2.zip" and to the config manager Karelia directory.

Install.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Install.zip
 Filesize:  1.93 KB
 Downloaded:  563 Time(s)

Pzt_Kevin_dtn

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:54 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Sapa

Is this mod current with all missing files included in current plugin? My reason for asking is that I am currently working on creating a Custom balanced Op for use in h2h and Clan wars. If successful in creating such an Op, I will have a number of people wanting to download this Mod and it would be helpful to have everything in order to insure everyone has a consistent installation of the mod. Let us know.

Thanks,

Pzt_Kevin_dtn
Hauptmann
Pzt CC Gruppe

http://www.geocities.com/panzertruppen1/PztCCGruppe2.html

Sapa

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:57 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Pzt_Kevin_dtn wrote:
Sapa

Is this mod current with all missing files included in current plugin? My reason for asking is that I am currently working on creating a Custom balanced Op for use in h2h and Clan wars. If successful in creating such an Op, I will have a number of people wanting to download this Mod and it would be helpful to have everything in order to insure everyone has a consistent installation of the mod. Let us know.

Thanks,

Pzt_Kevin_dtn
Hauptmann
Pzt CC Gruppe

http://www.geocities.com/panzertruppen1/PztCCGruppe2.html

You will have to ask Mooxe on this forum. I havent made the plugin, Karelia was made by me with the manuell install (the old way)

Cheers Mats

Digs

Rep: 56.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:00 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I realize that forest are dense in the area but they don’t need to be within the game. It makes it very difficult to locate your men and I just end up disabling them altogether.

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:29 am Post subject: Reply with quote

When you disable them...the trees are not displayed...but their terrain (elements) values are still in place. So they're still a very important element of the game and CC5 maps.

Digs

Rep: 56.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:55 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that when trees are disabled they still continue to block one's line of sight. What I'm hinting at is... forests density should be more like CCIV's.

CCebola

Rep: 18.5

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:33 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent work on this mod, my new favorite for CC5, not so crazy about some sounds, I speak only english and have no idea what either side is saying lol no big deal though

Also T/34 machine guns can be quite annoying especially if there are a couple shooting at the same time it is way too much noise going on.

I am not complaining though, I really appreciate all the time and effort you guys put into this.

Sapa

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:42 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! Agree about the T-34 Mg, changed the sound for version 2.3

About the voicies, now you know how it is for us to play every computer game not being able to understand english Wink

Cheers Mats Smile

Pzt_Kevin_dtn

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:40 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I really enjoy Karelia as well.

Sapa - didn't you make Battle of Berlin as well? Is there anyway you can create a basic submod for h2h play? Its my understanding that the mod is not really playable h2h.

Sapa

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:31 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Pzt_Kevin_dtn wrote:
I really enjoy Karelia as well.

Sapa - didn't you make Battle of Berlin as well? Is there anyway you can create a basic submod for h2h play? Its my understanding that the mod is not really playable h2h.

Sorry my friend i dont have the time to start on Berlin again..i really would like to do it Embarassed btw have you tried using CCResource.dll from orginal CC5 or another mod with 5.01 exe, i think this would solve some of the multiplayer problems, but not single player crashes.

I sure hope i will get the energy to completely rework Berlin mod some day..

If you wait you will soon get a submod of Karelia 2 called Tali-Ihantala 1944.It has a 17 maps strat and a 15 days campaign.

Mats

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> CC5 Karelia
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Jump to: