Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1180
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Cpt_JB_Mac

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:06 pm Post subject: CCResourceDLL.dll Reply with quote

CCResourceDLL.dll!! what does this file do, and what tool or program is needed to edit it? does this file have anything to do with map indexing and the strat map?

and does anyone know where to get btdmunger?...or does btdedit do the same thing?

thanks troops!

cpt jb mac

pzjager

Rep: 12.3
votes: 1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:23 pm Post subject: Re: CCResourceDLL.dll Reply with quote

AT_Capt_JB_Mac wrote:
CCResourceDLL.dll!! what does this file do, and what tool or program is needed to edit it? does this file have anything to do with map indexing and the strat map?

and does anyone know where to get btdmunger?...or does btdedit do the same thing?

thanks troops!

cpt jb mac

Hi,

1) CC5dll. Hmmmm, be very careful if you want to change anything within this file: it is the most fragile I have never seen in CC!
Anyway, to answer to your question, CC5dll contains a lot (all?) of the screen messages you have during playing CC like: "Germans won the battle because...etc...". To my knowledge, that's all. You can edit this file with an hexeditor like Hackman (the same I use to make my Index.mpi files). But be careful. BACKUPPPPPP!!!!
2) BTDMunger is the brother of BTDEdit and is used to edit the btd files in CC4. You can also use it to modify CC5 btd's already edited with BTDEdit... It's a kind of cheat...... Forget it for the moment.

Hope this helps
PJ

Cpt_JB_Mac

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:35 pm Post subject: CCResourceDLL.dll Reply with quote

hi there,

thanks for the help! so it sounds like this file does'nt have anything to do with map/strat map indexing. guess i will leave it for now.

thanks muchly, cpt jb mac

ANZAC_Lord4war

Rep: 3.5

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:01 pm Post subject: mmm Reply with quote

ur looking for stratedit,it is part of the btd edit d/l
there is 2 shortcuts, one to each within the programme.

Forget words,actions will show your true ambitions!The Battlefield,In many cases, the terrain of a battlefield can be the best resource a commander has. A clump of trees, an abandoned house, or a drainage ditch can all be powerful tools in the right hands

Cpt_JB_Mac

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:42 am Post subject: strat map trouble Reply with quote

the individual map areas on the stratmap are not at the diamond i want them to be. i have used btd edit to set the map #s in the btd file to match the number i gave them in the index.mpi file, and these #s match the #s i gave to each area on the strat map. what could be wrong? any ideas?

thx, capt jb mac

AT_Stalky

Rep: 27.4
votes: 10

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:53 am Post subject: Hmm Reply with quote

Hi JB

2 questions

1. Have u made the 2 masks and then run stratedit?

2. If then, the diamonds is not 100% perfect, they need to be adjusted in Stratedit, but that easy, drag em..

Stalk

Cpt_JB_Mac

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:29 pm Post subject: strat map trouble Reply with quote

hi Stalky, been a while. what have you been up to? hows the family?

i ran strat edit with the masks and all that. the diamonds are in the right spot. but the diamond has the wrong map name. it will have a map name from an other diamond on the other side of the strat map, and vice versa. i think for now i will rerun strat edit, maybe i made an error when i ran it. i dont know what else to do at the moment.

thanks Stalky.

jb mac

AT_Stalky

Rep: 27.4
votes: 10

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:40 pm Post subject: Hi Reply with quote

Hi JB,

yeh thanx and you?

First, please use strat edit for that, you shold not have to do much (if any) in the other files.
When Big and small mask are ok, and same numbers at same place it shall pretty much be ok. the diamond may need a small adjustment by drag em, but that is done in stratedit to.

Im thinking why the diamonds is problm, to narroe it down,

Have u set the same numbers at mask for both small and big mask?
Did u use autonumber? If so please sheck the numbers are same in small and large, for they work seperatly.

Stalk

Cpt_JB_Mac

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:34 pm Post subject: thx Reply with quote

thanks guys for your help. i finally found the trouble. i missed some files in the gamegadg that needed to be edited.

jb mac

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Modding Workshop

Jump to: