Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1220
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Pzt_Kanov

Rep: 14.2
votes: 9

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:19 am Post subject: Uniform colors. Stalingrad Time Frame. Reply with quote

Hi,

I've modified my stalingrad uniforms to something more of my taste, specially the russians that are now wearing those nice CC3 mod Grossdeutschland's uniforms by Dreaded88 I belive.

I changed the standard german uniform a little and the panzergrenadiere now use a slightly different uniform with a little shade of green on the torso using the unused Fallschirmjaeger icon wich thankfully was modified by the modders to use the same ranks as the heer.

Now to the point:

-I want to know if the Pzgrenadiere configuration is right to use (pants gray, Slightly greenish/grey torso) or what other variations could there be?
-do the germans where already using camo smocks or something similar in Stalingrad?
-Would be more acceptable to have uniform variation within a squad for the germans at this stage of the war or do you think is ok haveing the whole squad wear the same colors? think of GJS mod for example...

I Would like to see some color photos of troopers at stalingrad but I cannot find any.

Any input, Idea, thought greatly appreciated.

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:50 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Try googling for miniatures box artwork...I remember seeing some artist rendition/paintings of German grenadiers in Stalingrad.
Good luck...and if you don't mind...please post your work (or e-mail me the modified CC5.exe file)...I want to try it out. I have this fetish for historical uniform colors on our beloved tiny CC soldiers Very Happy .

Pzt_Kanov

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:31 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are some screens. Notice however, that the color scheme changes when the unit face a different direction. I've seen that when facing left it goes darker, and when they face up and down it goes lighter, I've chosen the facing right because it gives a better impresion overall of the intended look of the uniforms.

First we have the Germans:

1.- Kroatian Schutzen. I have not changed them very much nor the others for that matter, just a little bit of tunning. Notice the slightly different patern(darker) for the MG soldiers, in this case the guy in the middle wich is the leader, the subMG/MG gun carriers use the same uniform as heer.

2.- Panzergrenadieres. They use a little more lighter tone than regular heer troops. They are similar to the Kroats but they also have more light tone on the pants and darker helmet. The subMg/MG carriers use the lighter pants with heer body.

3.- Heer Regular PanzerPioniere. All the heer units wear this outfit. It is dark grey and it is the same for rifle/MG/SubMG and AT/Flame soldiers.

4.- Kroatian Stossgruppe, just to notice a bit more the difference between the two types of soldiers.

Russians:

Here we have the russians. I have not made distintion for them because all use basically the same paterns except the militia and the NKVD

Light body is for MG/SubMG carriers, Guard units use the darker tone for all and the NKVD uses a blue helmet wich I have not changed. The militia uses a more different outfit wich I have not modified(darker body, grey pants), is the same that came with the stalingrad mod, the others I took the uniforms values from the great mod 'Grossdeutschland' for CC3 by Dreaded88.

Squadleader_id, Ive seen pictures of miniatures and the like, but some are very different from each other and don't know who is right, thats why I was looking for Stalingrad color photos as Ive only seen 2 and they are of the same moment and place. I would like to modify the germans more but don't know if it will be historical accurate. i.e. to make a more heavy distinction between PzGrenadieres and Regular Heer.

Cheers.

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:15 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great! I like your attention to detail, Kanovskiy.
Would you mind posting the modified CC5.exe file...I hope the Stalingrad modders don't mind.

One thing, in the original Stalingrad uniform color scheme...some Russian units wear green. Is this historical? I've never seen green Russian uniforms, but I've seen pictures of Russian soldiers wearing greenish greatcoats.

Pzt_Kanov

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:21 am Post subject: Reply with quote

squadleader_id wrote:
Looks great! I like your attention to detail, Kanovskiy.
Would you mind posting the modified CC5.exe file...I hope the Stalingrad modders don't mind.

One thing, in the original Stalingrad uniform color scheme...some Russian units wear green. Is this historical? I've never seen green Russian uniforms, but I've seen pictures of Russian soldiers wearing greenish greatcoats.

They use the same values of the American uniforms from the Stock cc5 for regular's body, but a little different for the pants, that's probably why you see them a little green.

ANZAC_Tack

Rep: 22.3
votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:28 am Post subject: ! Reply with quote

people look at the uniforms? lol

i just make em run at tanks or enemy, and hope they kill them!

espree de corp

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:51 am Post subject: Re: ! Reply with quote

ANZAC_Tack wrote:

Hmm...maybe you should try playing Company Of Heroes, Tack Wink .

Pzt_Kanov

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:12 am Post subject: Re: ! Reply with quote

ANZAC_Tack wrote:

I like my victims dead and well dressed, thank you. Wink

rouge5

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:11 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

They look nice; personally I think it is such little things as the uniforms that add the final spice to a mod which makes it worth to replay time after time. Smile

Do you send copies of your work?

Senior_Drill

Rep: 9.7
votes: 2

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:37 am Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Kanovskiy"]...... I would like to modify the germans more but don't know if it will be historical accurate. i.e. to make a more heavy distinction between PzGrenadieres and Regular Heer. .......[quote]

Don't worry too much about historical accuracy with uniforms. There is almost no such thing. The colors of uniforms change all the time from sun fading, washings, dirt and wear, plus the dye lot of one batch of uniforms made by a manufacturer may have a different hue from the next batch by a noticeable amount.

During WWII, the US changed the dyes twice, so the Army and the Marines often had mixed uniform colors in units and even on a single soldier or marine. The German Heer desert uniforms were known for fading fast; the light green or drab faded to a very light beige or tan in a few weeks in the sun. One lot of the Japanese brown trousers would fade to a dirty grey in just a couple of months. In Vietnam, one could tell how far along a soldier was on his one year tour by how faded his fatigues were.

So don't fret too much on precise RGB or HSL values. The principle to keep in mind is that the colors show up well in-game, one can tell theirs from the enemy's and a player can find his soldiers in most any terrrain.

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre.

ANZAC_Tack

Rep: 22.3
votes: 1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:00 am Post subject: Reply with quote

"Hmm...maybe you should try playing Company Of Heroes, Tack"

NEVER!!!!!

THATS BLASFIMAS TALK, ON YOUR KNEES AND GIVE ME 10 "I LOVE CLOSE COMBAT FOREVER'S"

yes i must admid, the uniforms make it nicer, the drab gray v olive green gets boring.

thats and tanks are the main feature to CC graphics,that i love.

espree de corp

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Modding Workshop

Jump to: