Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1222
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Author
RD_Oddball

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:24 am Post subject: Afrika 40-41 Ready for download and play! Reply with quote

At long last I've decided to release the mod. After 4 long years of work and waiting.

I've just recently made the links available for posting at the downloads sections here at CSS and over at CSO so they may not yet be available. So if you absolutely cannot wait and want to download them immediately you may go to the Red Devils Close Combat Clan site and download them there.

http://www.reddevilscc.com/forum/default.asp?CAT_ID=23

Download links as well as an interview created by RD_Helmut and background about the mod also exist there.

Enjoy!

ANZAC_Lord4war

Rep: 3.5

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:49 am Post subject: mmm Reply with quote

Congrats on release.4 years is a lot of hard work.
Something to add to CC5 cabinet for 2007!

Forget words,actions will show your true ambitions!The Battlefield,In many cases, the terrain of a battlefield can be the best resource a commander has. A clump of trees, an abandoned house, or a drainage ditch can all be powerful tools in the right hands

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:46 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats and thanks! Finally!!! Very Happy .
Hmm...I'm not finished with SDK, need gaming time for Uberdave's KG...and now Afrika '40-'41 is released.
Progress on my own BoS1945 will have to suffer again I guess Smile .

Thanks again for releasing the mod!

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:53 am Post subject: Reply with quote

*** double post ***

Last edited by squadleader_id on Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:52 am; edited 1 time in total

ANZAC_Lord4war

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:54 am Post subject: CC5 Afrika 40'41 question Reply with quote

d/l it in single map format from RD site
there is 44 maps listed
with 1 map listed twice
BirSciha

is that a naming error for the zip?
just go ahead and d/l it?

Forget words,actions will show your true ambitions!The Battlefield,In many cases, the terrain of a battlefield can be the best resource a commander has. A clump of trees, an abandoned house, or a drainage ditch can all be powerful tools in the right hands

ANZAC_Lord4war

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:16 am Post subject: mmm Reply with quote

i d/l both of the maps
they r the same

so by my count there is a map missing
can some1 make a post when it gets sorted?

roonburg

Rep: 1.9

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:39 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been looking forward to this mod for a long time.

I finally get to play as the australians in CC. But it does limit my side choices. Cant really fight agains the aussies in the theater my grandfather was in.

ANZAC_Tack

Rep: 22.3
votes: 1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:16 am Post subject: aussie troops Reply with quote

aussie troops in:
CCIII Vietnam(i helped with weapons)
CCIII afrika
CCIII Pacific(pac)had a (sub) mod i was told was brits/aussies in stead of US

espree de corp

Searry

Rep: 3.2

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:20 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn you, now i have to forget playing EU3.

Searry

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:19 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Which files i have to edit to make the GC to last 2 months?

RD_Oddball

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:08 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the congrats guys.

RE: duplicate map link - We're looking into it. When I was posting the links given to me by RD_Helmut I noticed one map was listed twice giving a total count of 45 maps so I deleted that one. I thought I double-checked those so best I can do for the moment is to say we're looking into it. I know for a fact the map plugin is a complete set. I'll post here when the single map downloads are fixed. Should be today.

@ Searry - Not sure I understand the question but I'll take a stab at answering it anyway. You download the entire mod then alter the GC in the scenario editor accessed through the games main screen. You can mod the GC in any way you like there. Hope that helps mate.

Searry

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:45 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

RD_Oddball wrote:

@ Searry - Not sure I understand the question but I'll take a stab at answering it anyway. You download the entire mod then alter the GC in the scenario editor accessed through the games main screen. You can mod the GC in any way you like there. Hope that helps mate.

No. I want to play after the 25th week, because the reinforcements come so late to the game. I want it to be like 50weeks/100turns.

bambam887

Rep: 22.3

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:07 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Very Happy

Question IF RD ODBALL = AA_JIMBO Question
Maybe you can find the time for an update here Wink

PS new video included?

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:51 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic work guys! Love it!! But i miss some kind of Italian or British music because i can only hear the american jazz that almost makes me throw up... Shocked

Good luck with this fantastic new CC5 mod Smile

Cheers and Thanks! /Mats

ANZAC_Lord4war

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:34 pm Post subject: mmm Reply with quote

k seems u accidentally deleted Bir Sheferzern.
double check

ACJL__Karain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:37 pm Post subject: Recommendations for improvement. Reply with quote

Well done on getting this mod working. A hell of alot of effort has obviously been put into this mod. Me and BlackSn have had several bitter battles for Fort Capuzzo already. However I do see several areas where things could be changed for the better, though these are in no way complaints, just areas which I think could be improved on for later versions.

1st RTR can't retreat from Habtat, nor can teh Italians advance from that map if they destroy 1st RTR.

The 1st Kings Dragoon Guards didnt arrive in North Africa till 41 as the divisional Reconnissance for 2nd Armoured Division. You could convert this Bg into 2nd Rifle Brigade to give the 7th Armoured Some Infantry like they had historically. Selby force could also be scrapped to create 1st Kings Royal Rifel Corps, the second motor battalion of 7th Armoured, again giving the division infantry it historically had.

The British BG's are very short on weapons. Historically they formed into Jock Columns, all arm columns with light tanks, a company of riflemen, a battery of artillery, and harrassed the enemy. Although still keeping the name of the parent unit for teh BG, a wider dispersal of arms would make battles easier for the British but also more historically accurate.

The British standard rifle of the time was the MK.3 Lee-Enfield. The No.4 wasn't issued till 1943 mainly to the assault units of Normandy and slowly filtered through to the rest of the army.

There is a AT gun in the British BG's called the 37mm. As far as I am aware the only time that the British had 37mm guns was on the Stuart and Grant tanks from the US. The picture for the gun in the BG is what looks like a 3.7inch AA gun but im not sure. The gun itself has the firepower of a US or German 37mm.

One of my tank crews was popping away at a Italian gun several hundred metres away with his pistol. So maybe tweaking with range needs to be done.

British pioneers have flamethrowers.

British and Italian mortars seem to be extremely ineffective.

The LRDG didn't have Jeeps till 1941.

Sten Guns were not issued in North Africa till late 1942 at the very least.

Garand Rifles were not issued to British regular troops during the war. I am not sure that they had even reached US units in 1940. Certainly not in large numbers if they had.

Am I right in assuming that Valentines, Stuarts, Humbers, Daimlers and the other vehicles that were not around in 1940, have been added Bg's so as to give wider variety when creating your own battles in the scenario maker?

Again great mod, thanks for those years of effort.

RD_Oddball

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:40 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again guys. L4W I'll look into it. Thanks for the heads up.

@ Bambam - Long time no talk mate! Good to hear from you. Yep RD_Oddball = AA_Jimbo_JimRM2. All same guy. No I didn't forget your/our video. I wanted to keep the plugin size to a minmum so purposely left it for uploading later on. I was planning on doing it this week... time permitting. Seems times at a premium these days. Status quo for me. Don't worry I didn't forget about it.

RD_Oddball

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:47 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent points ACJL__Karain and thanks for the kudos.

To your point - yes correct on all accounts. Most of those details I was aware of. Some I have sources (books) that disagree (i.e. entry of dragoon guards). In MANY MANY cases compromises had to be made. Probably more than in any other mod. Mainly due to the nature of the war in Africa. it simply was not cut and dry in most respects. Often exceptions to the rule and information is scarce and record keeping was minimal. Seems to be that way throughout the african campaign. Lots of discrepancies in the information I could find. So as a mod team we did the best we could.

I'd like to invite anyone who has the inclination and desire to do so, to make a sub mod as they see fit. This is a sincere, welcoming invitation to all in the spirit of open source projects. Partly because I know there are lots of holes in the mod and secondly because it's likely it'll be a while before I have a chance to make upgrades... unfortunately.

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:53 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see the mod released. Thanks Jimbo and all involved. Wish I was home so I could play it..... from looking at it before I was suprised there was no Germans in it, but it is obvious why.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

RD_Helmut

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:16 am Post subject: Reply with quote

AFRIKA map:

Here is the link for the individual link that was missing from the RD website. It has also been corrected at the website, but to save anyone time that needs the map here it is:

http://www.closecombatseries.net/airborneassault/AFRIKA/BirShefe.zip

Thank you to Lord 4 War for posting this ommission. I appologize for the mistake as gave Oddball a duplicate.

I also read some of the above comments about the mod and its great feedback, but if you have feedback or comments please go to the following link and post them. http://www.reddevilscc.com/forum/default.asp?CAT_ID=23

This will keep all the comments in one central place and help Oddball (who's running around like his head cutoff) to address them easily in one spot.

Thanks,

http://www.closecombatseries.net/airborneassault/Member_Avatars/Other/RD_Helmut_80x80.jpg

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> CC5 Afrika 40'41
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to: