Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1213
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Gun_Pierson

Rep: 1.3

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:40 pm Post subject: A few strategic questions about der Kessel. Reply with quote

First of all I want to congrat Pzjäger and all who worked on this awesome mod which is merely an understatement of the fun I've had thusfar. Installed the vet mod and experience the hardest time I ever had in one of the cc series plus mods and I like it. I don't reload battles, I play in one go. A few questions though:

1. I keep on destroying complete russian battlegroups in the rattenkrieg area and sometimes in other places, which costs me losses too ofcourse. After one turn the AI comes back again and gets the same group at his original starting point. I think I notice a decrease in his available force pool, but I'm not sure. Are there any other positive effects of destroying whole battlegroups next to the fact you won't have to fight them next turn as they have to regroup?

2. I also notice my own decrease of troops in my force pools. Is this permanent? Cause I moved one of my torn groups away from the front to one of the airfields in the hope they would get reserves but I don't think the force pool gets increased in that group. So I guess you'll have to do it with what you get? Should such a group better be disbanded or be used to capture some abandonned areas and play cat and mouse?

3. I got a romanian group somewhere around day 8, but I moved it to the south. Before I knew it I got stuck and can't move them again (ringuta area) This happened before I looked on the tactical map that can be found on this site. What's the purpose of those one way roads? Do they have something to do with historically corectness?

4. I try to isolate russian armored battlegroups to the point they have no ammo and fuel. Even though I'm inferior in force, I try to fight a war of attrition on those fronts. I think it's a good thing to pin point his tank groups down. It's a hassle ofcourse to get enough flags to not loose the battle and suffer moral loss. I'm at the point where I prefer not to destroy such a group if the rare oportunity occurs, otherwise he'll respawn again at his starting point with full fuel and ammo, free to trouble me again on another front. This also helps in forming a front where his other groups are waiting behind as they can't pass the battles that are currently played. Way to go or way too slow?

Thank you!

ZAPPI4

Rep: 33.3
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:57 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

When u ll play H2H or Vs the PC dont press "Next" on the result screen after a battle. If u want to continue, save your file when u are on the result screen, than use the command to come back at command screen. Now u can select the new saved file to continue.
If u use the next button after a battle to continue, u 'll may suffer bug like, Opponent Bg reenforced, losing experience for your soldier, Deploying trouble and more

Tout est possible ... il faut juste connaitre quand.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

Gun_Pierson

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 7:16 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply zappi4, I wasn't aware of what you're telling me. That does remind me that when you put soldiers back in your pool, they'll loose all experience and medals etc. i'm paranoid now lol and will save/load to avoid data loss.

pzjager

Rep: 12.3
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:50 am Post subject: Reply with quote

ZAPPI4 wrote:
When u ll play H2H or Vs the PC dont press "Next" on the result screen after a battle. If u want to continue, save your file when u are on the result screen, than use the command to come back at command screen. Now u can select the new saved file to continue.
If u use the next button after a battle to continue, u 'll may suffer bug like, Opponent Bg reenforced, losing experience for your soldier, Deploying trouble and more

Thanks Zappi! I am -I believe!- an "old" CC player and did not realise that!

Panzerjäger

Gun_Pierson

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 6:18 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point, my campaign has 16 days remaining and I'm progressing better than my historical counterpart but I don't know if I'm gonna make it. I'm not supposed to Wink My losses are 4200 men, 54 tanks (damaged or destroyed), 18 vehicles and 62 guns versus his losses of 15 000 men, 336 tanks (damaged or destroyed), about 50 vehicles and 130 guns but he keeps on coming with those KV's even though I save load new file after each battle. A complete surrounded russian armored group, with no ammo and fuel and no KV's or T34 tanks left suddenly gets resupplied again with all the hard stuff. God knows where they come from, seems the russians can airlift tanks and whatnot. Wink

In one battle I had one of my captured t34 tanks take out 3 enemy tanks but in the confrontation got damaged (not immobilized) and 1 crew member got killed. Next turn the tank was replaced by an infantry team, bummer. That's a bit too hard in my opinion. Maybe it's because I've put the veteran patch on elite cause I thought it would be a peace of cake, my mistake. I don't get any wurframen either btw. Doesn't bother me that much, beobacher are good too.

Anyway, this mod is a piece of art except for a few things like the example of the T34 above. I don't know if that's the mod or the program in general.

The fun in this mod is to be found in the critical situation you're playing in so the above is not a rant but a sharing of a hard but great experience.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> CC5 Stalingrad Der Kessel

Jump to: