Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1213
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
MorgTzu

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 3:31 pm Post subject: How to change gun crews to obey orders Reply with quote

Confused

Long time lurker. I did a search like I should and saw the debate and a mention of regxtra doing it, but not what im after.

Im just tired of my gun crews (im playing Karelia2 currently...wondeful mod!) that have racked up the kills getting busted and then sitting on there ruined guns waiting for the arty to fall on them Shocked . Don't want to cheat with them and steal vl's, just want to send them somewhwere safe. I know I need to edit a file, just afraid to go mucking about. ANYone?

This just for single player. Thanks for comments ahead of time.

RedScorpion

Rep: 11.7

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 6:26 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I didnt play that many of the mods out there, so I dont know if it maybe is already fixed somewhere, but I always assumed this wasnt modable as no one did on any mod I tried? I mean if it WAS possible for gun crews to obey orders it would aldready have been implemented.

Ceci tuera cela

MorgTzu

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 8:17 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

It was done in the regxtra mod...but i'm not sure how...it seems there is a tag in one of the files that designates the gun crew as an ai only controlled team. I believe every file in cc has been taken apart in total by the modding community and feel someone can point me in the right direction.

Blackstump

Rep: 24.5
votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 8:49 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord4War done it in RegXtra so he would be the one to ask , pretty sure they were made as command teams..

"percute et percute velociter"

MorgTzu

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 1:35 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep...I did some more searching and figured it out.

AN EVENING WITH QClone:

It's a wonderful tool found in downloads. It's intuitive and easy to use.

1. I first made sure the mod I wanted to mod was loaded up in the plugin manager. In this case I used Karelia2.

2. Then I went into my /ssi/invasion normandy/data/base and made a folder called Backups, then a subfolder called Karelia and copied into it geteams.adb.

3. Then opened up QClone and loaded geteams.adb and looked for the column saiunits. After looking at what the numbers meant in the tooltip (I think 14,15,16 are at guns for example) I found each one of those and changed them to 4 (AT team). I also found all vehicles 8-14 (if i remember correctly) and changed them to 19 for command tank.

4. Hit the button that saved and packed and clicked yes when it warned me I was overwriting ('cause I made a backup) and closed QClone.

5. Tested and yep, now I can get my crews out of the way and to safety when the gun or tank is destroyed. As an aside, it was really fun to have 8 ATG's on the screen at once...never done that before.. Very Happy

Hope this helps someone else. I'm writing this from memory..so pay attention to the details if you try this.

May your lines be straight and your battles decisive

MorgTzu

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:27 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to add for those that may be trying this for the first time....when I changed this (and to reiterate: make a backup of every file you modify) I changed it in every mod in the mod swapper files that I wanted to have this change...if you change it only in the current mod, it will revert when you switch to another mod.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Modding Workshop

Jump to: