Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1219
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
DarkDan

Rep: 46.3

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:04 pm Post subject: New Ideas from a Newbie Reply with quote

Hey Guys,
I am an avid player of the close combat series and I play with my brother all the time. We had two ideas that we don't have the knowledge to implement but I wanted to toss them out there.

1. Contour Maps- For those who have trouble visualizing the terrain it would be cool if you could press a button (like the space bar command display) but instead the map would be shown as a contour map so you could get an idea of the layout. (I am sure the data is already there, it would just need to be displayed)

2. Not showing enemy troop data ever- How would you know if you killed an enitre squad? I think a level of realism would be added if you shot at a group crossing the street and never knew if you fully eliminated the team..."Are there any guys left?" That would add a whole new element

3. Prolonged Air Strikes- Spitfires and other figters would do more than one strafing run. Why not have multiple passes (maybe within 5 minutes to mimick full and ammo limitations). Also you could then add an anti-air unit or half track to shoot down the airstrike.

4. Medics recovering wounded- I always thought that leaving my incapacitated guys on the field sucked for them, especially when they didn't get attention for the duration of the battle, however long that could have been. I don't seeing this as strageically significant, but adding more realism. (Maybe a force pool bonus could be considered for "saving more guys")

Please let me know what y'all think.

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:12 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

1. This has been done. But its also long gone. back in the early CC5 days the zoom-out maps had contour map as you'd call them made for them. You click zoom out, and you could see all the valleys and hills. Where they went.. I dont know! it was quite useful.

2. Not ever? Your men do pick up some intel from seeing other troops.

3. Medics.... This has been debated over and over. I dont think its a good idea. It starts taking the focus away from why your playing this game. At the very least, there could be different levels of incapacitated. When the battle ends, the PC decides who lives or dies, and MAYBE in a few game weeks or game days you will see that solder return to the force pool. Considering the GC is not even 1 month, this really isnt needed either. Wounded men can simply be "healed" by swapping them out in the battlegroup selection phase.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

DarkDan

Rep: 46.3

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:17 pm Post subject: Ideas about the medics Reply with quote

I understand that some people play the game to just smash the other player but I always think it would be cool to add a level of realism to the game. Thus medics. Instead of a force pool bonus my brother and I just thought of some ideas

1. All wounded soldier's statuses would become incapacitated after a certain time without being seen by a medic.

IE-Wounded becomes incapacitated w/o medic and then the incapacitated soldier dies w/o medic.

2. An additional drawback of not using medics would be that moral would be signicantly affected w/o attending wounded.

3. Incapacitated soldiers once seen by medics would be "stabilized" and moral would not be affected adversely.

4. Incapacitated soldiers removed from the field would increase moral slightly rather than decreasing moral for having lost men. The limit being that moral cannot be increased to higher than before the causualty was taken however.

5. Note-one option would be medics assisting enemy units.

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:34 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Medics would be cool...but medics should be automated (handled by the AI engine). Tactically, you still would need assign squads to guard the wounded as the 'AI medics' do their thing.
Medics would add realism...but player controlled medic units would just add clutter and uneeded micromanagement chore...future CC developers should look into AI controlled medics though.

karlmortar

Rep: 16.7
votes: 2

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:09 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that adding medics woulde be both fun and realistic!
I would be wery nice to see the medics taking care of the men and saving ther lives so they can fight later.
It doesent feel very well to leave mortaly wounded men on the field.
In any battels in reality, you always see a medic running around helping wounded soldiers.
Could this be taken up in cc6?

"CC for ever"

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:34 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think medics is a good idea.I can't see my man getting cured and fighting right after very realistic

Being able to use captured vehicles would be more exciting to me.

king_tiger_tank

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:39 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

platoon_michael wrote:
I don't think medics is a good idea.I can't see my man getting cured and fighting right after very realistic

Being able to use captured vehicles would be more exciting to me.

well the soldier that was injured could be taken off the map by a medic jeep and wouldn't be able to return to the battlegroup for a few days.
now using captured equipment would be a good idea, especially during a battle when a crew abandons a vehicle or the crew gets killed, then some troops could run up to the vehicle, get in it and use it .

What would H Jones do?

ANZAC_Lord4war

Rep: 3.5

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:28 pm Post subject: mmm Reply with quote

Quote:
1. Contour Maps- For those who have trouble visualizing the terrain it would be cool if you could press a button (like the space bar command display) but instead the map would be shown as a contour map so you could get an idea of the layout. (I am sure the data is already there, it would just need to be displayed)

could have some merit.

Quote:
2. Not showing enemy troop data ever- How would you know if you killed an enitre squad? I think a level of realism would be added if you shot at a group crossing the street and never knew if you fully eliminated the team..."Are there any guys left?" That would add a whole new element

not sure what u mean by that.

Quote:
3. Prolonged Air Strikes- Spitfires and other figters would do more than one strafing run. Why not have multiple passes (maybe within 5 minutes to mimick full and ammo limitations). Also you could then add an anti-air unit or half track to shoot down the airstrike.

nah 1 airstrike is more than enuff against a BG of 15 units,plus hardly any player skill is involved in dropping an airstrike.

Quote:
4. Medics recovering wounded- I always thought that leaving my incapacitated guys on the field sucked for them, especially when they didn't get attention for the duration of the battle, however long that could have been. I don't seeing this as strageically significant, but adding more realism. (Maybe a force pool bonus could be considered for "saving more guys")

dumbest idea of the lot

with incapacitated soldiers,incapacitated means unable to do.from the incapacitated state some soldiers wits come back to them if they can be rested in a non fire enviroment,no explosions around them or enemy trop movement.they usually come back and fight in an injured state,some just pass on never return to the fight.
its ok the way it is.
heaps more enlightening things to add than medics

Forget words,actions will show your true ambitions!The Battlefield,In many cases, the terrain of a battlefield can be the best resource a commander has. A clump of trees, an abandoned house, or a drainage ditch can all be powerful tools in the right hands

Gen_Jack

Rep: 3

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:56 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that medics are already built into the game. When a soldier gets injured the soldier indicator changes from green (healthy) to either:

yellow (injured - i.e. a medic was able to patch him up to continue fighting at reduced capability);
    orange (soldier is so badly injured he has been sent to the rear for medical attention and won't be seen for a while); or
    red (proud owner of a new farm)

Great idea re contour maps. I think there is an old mod floating around that accomplishes this.

I believe you only get full info on enemy squads if you have recon info about them, same as when they are alive. I have often moused over a dead squad and got no info, but later on in the battle gotten full info once I have gotten unit in close enough to get full info.

I think continuing air strike would unbalance the game. And having to set up AA defences takes more squads away from those you can attack/defend with. But I think it would be a great idea to have the AI determine if the plane ever makes it to the battle (i.e. shot down before it can attack).

Cheers

Antony_nz

Rep: 85.9
votes: 6

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:59 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Omg its simple! Mad
Medics controlled by AI!! (as said befor) End of story!
How cool would it be too see tiny little men runing up to a shot man and helping him out. Prehapes carry him outa battle and stuff.

http://talesofclosecombat.blogspot.co.nz/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

mooxe

Rep: 221.7

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:57 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Airstrike......

It could be as simple as assigning more than 1 per map. Rather than 1 per map as it is now.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Modding Workshop

Jump to: