Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1214
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
pzjager

Rep: 12.3
votes: 1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:35 am Post subject: Stalingrad: Operation Circle August news Reply with quote

Hi to all ;

After some holidays time in July :zzz , the work on SOC has started again in august Razz ! I can even say that this month has been one of the busiest for SOC.:eek2

The grat news is that the 44 maps are now painted, and 42 are finished. The two remaining ones, Voroponovo and Jablotschnij are being currently coded and should be finished around mid-september.

Since the month of june have thus been finished:

-Basargino
- Dubovaya Balka
- Saponovka
- Studonga Jablonotschka
- Kasatchiy Kurgan

I did not only worked on the maps during this period. I have also worked on the music file, improved the sound file (introducing as well some new sounds for the new weapons compared to SDK) and also changed some 50 unit icons. I hope to be able to find again some 20 or 30 new unit icons, so the difference between SDK and SOC will be more obvious to everyone. The only limitation here is to find good quality winter-like photos, and I can tell you that it is not easy!
I have also changed some Battlegroup icons, for the same reason than above.

Well, mid-september, I will be able to install on my PC the full version of the mod (until today, only the graphics, data and exe files where installed, with the SDK maps and sounds (it works very well Laughing ) and begin to test the game. I will have then to improve some of the common maps used both in SDK and SOC, i.e. Rakotino, Marinovka and Jelchi.

If everything is OK, I am confident to be able to release the mod on January 9th or 10th (Operation Circle began on 10th, but the mod, for some reasons, will begin on the 9th with some battles in the Stalingrad area, before the great offensive on the 10th, as historically).

Cheers to you all, and don’t forget that all suggestions, help, etc…. are welcome :bye

Panzerjäger

Searry

Rep: 3.2

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:52 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Very, very good news. Smile I'm hoping for a beta, or something, after you get the maps done.

pzjager

Rep: 12.3

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:24 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Searry wrote:
Very, very good news. Smile I'm hoping for a beta, or something, after you get the maps done.

Hi Searry,

I will not release any beta. I don't like this because a beta version is by definition a more or less poor version.

Anyway, as the mod will be a little more advanced, I will need to find some beta testers. If you can promise me full confidentiality, and knowing that you have always been a SDK and SOC supporter, I will be glad to add you on my Beta testers list.

Let me know if you are still interested.

Cheers
Panzerjäger

yuma

Rep: 11.6

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:14 am Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Pzjager. your hard work is appreciated by many. wanted to say your maps have the best replay value of any ever made!

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> CC5 Stalingrad Operation Circle

Jump to: