Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Author
Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:03 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Steiner,

Quote:
1] the piat is now the super shreak. rate of fire is good but its a too powerfull.

too powerfull in comparison to what?

Quote:
2] the BR 3 inch motars min range is too long. 230m is not historical or even practical in CC. the german 80 mm mortar has the same problem.

that minimum effective range is 200-400m, spreading is too wide at 100m.

In CC it's different, the closer yer mortar is the more accurate it is. So IMO that balance mortars pretty well.

and btw, 3inch mortar had caliber of 81mm, initially 3.2inches but cut 0.2" to be more convinient.

Quote:
any chance you can change these in the next patch?

doubt it.

Quote:
the 3 inch mortar is almost useless as it is on most maps.

iam not agree with u. besides u have 2inch.

Quote:
i havent seen how the shreak and faust work yet but i have heard that they have been made unrealistic

i have heard that there is life on Venus Smile.
check it out yerself first than tell yer own opinion.

Quote:
the shrak wont penetrate allied front tank armour?

hmm, who told u that is a lier Smile.
the rocket just has a good chnce to bounce off Sherman sloped frontal plate Wink.

Quote:
it explains that in most cases EXPERIENCED CREWS AND OR COMMANDERS were put into the Fireflys for exactly the reason of the threat of the tigers and panthers and the allied needed to have an edge.....

but most of the cases commanders wanted to be in regular Sherman as it had more space for big radio and powerfull HE shell Smile.
tho thats true for experienced crews and that's why it is so in TRSM.

Quote:
it also points out that the mk 4 had no problem killing the Fly or the regular marks of the sherman tank.

and vice-versa, like in TRSM Smile.

Quote:
wittmanns tiger was knocked out and desroyed from the 1st shot of an experienced Fly at 800m aprox.....a side shot.

on July 6 (IIRC), 1943 Wittmans Tiger was KO from the hit of 45mm M-42 at 400m....a side shot Smile.

Quote:
because at 800m the commander thought he had a resonable CHANCE of penetrateing the side armour of the tiger.

and IIRC before that in V-B one Cromwell gunner hit the side of Tiger 2 times w/o success at v close range altho he had a good chance of penetrating the side armour (especially according to table data).

that only shows that the chance to penetrate is always vary from 0 to infinity (dice in CC).

Quote:
i think the Fly's crews should be given greater experience in your mod.

"greater" in comparison to what?

Quote:
what do you think Dima?

i know that even any VC crew in TRSM has resonable chance of pen. Tiger side at 800m.

Quote:
thats not TRSM???

it is, mate, it is.

keep on feedback!

stiener

Rep: 46.4
votes: 3

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:49 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
that minimum effective range is 200-400m, spreading is too wide at 100m.

In CC it's different, the closer yer mortar is the more accurate it is. So IMO that balance mortars pretty well.

and btw, 3inch mortar had caliber of 81mm, initially 3.2inches but cut 0.2" to be more convinient

i dont agree with you IMHO the mortar balance is no good. i quoted from sources of what the min range is. on a lot of maps you dont have the room to use the 3 inch mortor effectivley with the min range you gave it. so its not used at all. a waste. the 2 inch mortar doesnt have the punch and is not a good choice if you want to use a mortar. simple as that. i have talked to quite a few CC players about this and we all agree. they said ...well make a post and maybe Dima will look at it.......doesnt sound like your even considering it... too bad. you made the mod for the CC community.....part of the CC community is telling you the 3inch and 81mm mortar doesnt work.
whats the caliber got to do with it in this particular case btw? were talking min ranges and usefullness in the mod.

Quote:
have heard that there is life on Venus .
check it out yerself first than tell yer own opinion.

i will

Quote:
but most of the cases commanders wanted to be in regular Sherman as it had more space for big radio and powerfull HE shell .
tho thats true for experienced crews and that's why it is so in TRSM.

you missed the point......your thread said that FF crews in the mod had to gain experience.......i quoted a source that states the experienced crews and/or commanders were put into FF's. they didnt have a choice as you elude too above in your statement.
you also said i thought ,that in the mod that the FF crews didnt have anymore experince than any of the other crews?
if not then i think they should have more experince...vet crews.

Quote:
(IIRC),

whats IIRC ????

Quote:
on July 6 (IIRC), 1943 Wittmans Tiger was KO from the hit of 45mm M-42 at 400m....a side shot

what are you talking about?

Quote:
Quote:
i think the Fly's crews should be given greater experience in your mod.

"greater" in comparison to what

the regular sherman crews Razz

Quote:
Quote:
1] the piat is now the super shreak. rate of fire is good but its a too powerfull.

too powerfull in comparison to what?

every other gun in the mod.....players now take 6 or 7 piat teams and wipe out inf teams and all german AFV's on the map and still have ammo to spare.
you dont think its too powefull......IMHO i disagree.....its unrealistic.

you want constructive feed back but it seems like you dont really believe what we have to say...your minds already made up.......too bad....great mod but it needs some tweaking to be the best mod.

WHEN THE PIN IS PULLED "MR GRENADE"IS NOT OUR FRIEND !

Dima

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:10 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
i dont agree with you IMHO the mortar balance is no good.

let's return to that when u'll play like 10 days in GC Wink.

Quote:
whats the caliber got to do with it in this particular case btw? were talking min ranges and usefullness in the mod.

that yer links can be mistaken Smile.

Quote:
you also said i thought ,that in the mod that the FF crews didnt have anymore experince than any of the other crews?

i believe that most of the british tankers were more exp than ther german ones as they r now in TRSM but iam not keen to make VC having more exp than other tanx.

Quote:
if not then i think they should have more experince...vet crews.

i don't think they should Smile.
moreover, i know one guy that wants to kill for such proposal lol (he plays GC vs me as the germans).

Quote:
whats IIRC ????

IIRC=If I remember correct.

Quote:
what are you talking about?

continued yer line about Wittman's Tiger killed at 800m with side hit Smile.

Quote:
every other gun in the mod.....

false.

Quote:
players now take 6 or 7 piat teams and wipe out inf teams and all german AFV's on the map and still have ammo to spare.

lol really? guess AVF = HT/AC Smile. or v v weak enemy.

Quote:
you dont think its too powefull......IMHO i disagree.....its unrealistic.

something about damage PIAT could inflict:
http://www.pegasusarchive.org/normandy/frames.htm

compare to the damage it inflicts in TRSM...
but u guys shoulda play CCMT, even 1 car explosion nearby can kill squad in house
http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=4008
... those explosions really powerfull Very Happy.

Quote:
you want constructive feed back but it seems like you dont really believe what we have to say

i don't believe to the opinions made in 3 days of GC.
check my first reply.

p.s. if u want to check how the allies should attack with their useless 3inch contact me on dimafedorov [at] msn [dot] com

AT_Stalky

Rep: 27.4
votes: 10

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:19 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
players now take 6 or 7 piat teams and wipe out inf teams and all german AFV's on the map and still have ammo to spare.

Hmm, if anyone would use so many PIATs vs me, I would have my full infantry teams just overrun em under cover of smoke. A PIAT team cant hold back a incoming infantry unit. A PIAT team can inflict allot of damage to a unit that is staying in a house as PIAT fire and reload and fire again... (why stay in house and die, do we really believe one can stay in a house when its under direct HEAT/HE fire?)
Well after my full infantry charge of the 7 PIAT teams there would be 7 PIATs teams less in the enemy BG... (I like that)
PIATs kills tanks, whip em out??? Better then guns?? Well, if so one must handle tanks not as they ought to be handled. Infantry shall always move a head of tanks, and tanks at distance for fire support, the inf teams just flush out enemy inf and PIATs, and the tank shall be at 100+meters distance and just kill the flushed out inf/PIAT units.
A tank with no forward inf support will just get killed, as in real life.

Success of a commander is in his ability to adapt, if enemy use 7 PIAT teams, see a opportunity not a problem, don’t be static/conservative in the way we fight.

dehm

Rep: 28.3

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:10 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again!

I have played several GCs since las time. Two as german, one till June 10 when allies lost his moral and abandoned it and one will June 11 which is stopped now.... My impression is very good, i lost maps with hard fighr, it was very fun and heroic though I would ask for some more "in house" guns, i remember that 50 mm Ats which i could hide. Play as german is hard but fun, I have noticed i need more strategic thinking than in GJS, more moves and more important, now every map have it's importance.

Mmm, and i can counteratack with Panthers that are powerfull in medium and long ranges. Tiger... mmm.... I could not test it as i want to.... battle rules... but it seems useless, comparative with panthers, but stilll good in defensive works.

Marders have some use, Ats too... but they are discovered quickly... AT infantry teams... Panzerfaust are correct but shrecks... snif snif... have use and i have destroyed several tanks with them thought it's min range have some effect in deploy! and use!

I have played two as ally, power and number is with me! HA HA HA!!! Piat are correct, i need one or two shots agains vehicules and more agains some tanks, one Panthers need 6 shots from 38m frontal, another one from 12m frontal, a gun in bulding is harder... :/ it's RoR is correct and all around it.

I dont see bugs.... the flame vehiculo is quite uselles once one man is dead... the another one dont use the flame never... it only drive. Historical ? i dont know

In another things i dont see things to correct...

Bugs? So...

II.22/21 in Cristot, my oponnent used a Tank whitout cannon... i dont know it would be a shot cannon tank... but it seems without it.

Mortar shots in bunkers in map... er... the north to merville, in beach... sound as water shots.

Thanks for the games! and the mod! Er... so... new path allow to play the old 0.96 gc?

Bye

dehm

pd: Air attack agaains AT useless...

Dima

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:12 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
snif snif... have use and i have destroyed several tanks with them thought it's min range have some effect in deploy! and use!

just took 3 first pics of RPzB in my H2H GC (me as the allies).

Quote:
the flame vehiculo is quite uselles once one man is dead... the another one dont use the flame never... it only drive. Historical ? i dont know

ye happens often.
IMO CC bug.
Anyone knows how to fix tell me plz Smile.

Quote:
II.22/21 in Cristot, my oponnent used a Tank whitout cannon... i dont know it would be a shot cannon tank... but it seems without it.

prolly he was out of supply the battle before that and got damaged.

Quote:
Mortar shots in bunkers in map... er... the north to merville, in beach... sound as water shots.

thnx will check.

Quote:
Er... so... new path allow to play the old 0.96 gc?

won't be fullyu compatible. Units/FPs/BGs will be messed.

Quote:
pd: Air attack agaains AT useless...

not anymore Smile.

Pzt_Mac

Rep: 3.4

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 2:23 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a strange thing:

This is what the Abt 101 Tiger BG looks like in the GC.

Here it is in a single battle.

Each time the setting was the same. Any thoughts?

Dima

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 6:01 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac,

looks like yer GC has started using earlier version (092 or 093) then u upgraded it to current one (v094).
GC saves the FPs since the beginning and doesn't chnge it.
Single battle shows what FPs like the currently are.

Pzt_Mac

Rep: 3.4

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 5:03 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, got ya. Thanks Dima.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Total Realism Sub Mod
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Jump to: