Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Author
Volksjager_cn

Rep: 47.5

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:07 pm Post subject: Meuse v3.5 Reply with quote

FYI,

Tejszd and I are making changes to Meuse mod to make it more historically accurate. Things for sure will be changed are:

1. all weapons/vehicles data will be re-visited.
2. all forcepool data will be re-visited.
3. support element changes.

and more...

ronson

Rep: 36.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:59 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Luck to you both Meuse is a great mod, and any improvement is very welcome.

Look forward to it Smile

Cheers
Ronson

GR member Ronson1  ac 4247033

Pzt_Kevin_dtn

Rep: 10.9

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:52 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I make a few suggestions. We played a war with the Meuse mod and found two key issues.

1. The French FO is too strong. Bascially the German armor is useless when facing a French BG with FO because the French FO would knock it out (with indirect fire) before it could be brought into the fight.

2. It seems that equivalent French BG's are Faster than German equivalents and made attacking with German forces difficult to accomplish because the French would always push German BG back into a map. This runs contrary to the blitzkreig that the Germans supposedly accomplished in the war.

Volksjager_cn

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:54 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Kevin for your suggestion.

1. I agree with you with my own GC experience that FO is too strong and thus, it should only exist when level is green or recruit.

2. The speed of the French BG depends on which type of division it represent. I need to double check but for DCR, its speed should be slower than that of Panzer Divisions. However, for DLCs, their speed should be equal or faster than that of Panzer divisions. They were the screening force of French army with the same role as German Panzer division's recon Abt.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:00 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Just double-checked. One French DLC has the same speed as the German Panzer BGs (3). German recon Abt is the fastest (4). There is 1 French light tank BG which has the speed of 4 and I think it should be 3.

ronson

Rep: 36.7

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:21 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

A few suggestions:-

Would it be possible to follow Dimas example in TRSM and get rid of the notorious 'pits of death' namely the dreaded Trench and Gun pit, which turn every initial defence of a map into a potential disaster. These supposedly items of cover are a liability as they are spotted with ease by most attackers long before the troops within are in effective range.

The Anti-Tank rifle......This is IMO one of the most useless troop types on the field, they are ineffective against even light armour, and the regimental cook would have more effect on enemy tanks Very Happy . I don't advocate making a 'super weapon' of it so that it dominates the field like a GJS Shreck, but at least either give it some chance or dispense with it altogether.

Following on to the ATR, the snipers seem to be also largely ineffective, again these could do with a LITTLE more punch so that they can harass the enemy, as before this should not be excessive otherwise once more we will see the Ubersnipers able to wipe out enemy squads in the blink of an eye.

Cheers
Ronson

GR member Ronson1  ac 4247033

Volksjager_cn

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:14 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL for your ATR comment Robson. Razz

Yes, those ATR are useless except against half-track. For German, the ATR can do very little against French light tanks such as R35 or H35/38/39 tanks as they have thicker armor than PzIII/IVs. Let alone heavier CharB or S-35. They may have some chance against thin armored AMR tanks but with plenty of PzII/III/IV around, you don't need ATR to deal with French tanks. The same goes for Allies' Boys ATR. I would leave them in the forcepool but if I run out of the 20 unit slots within the BG, they would likely be the first ones to go.

Good suggestion for the removal of gun pit. I need to ask either Tejszd or Dima about how to do so as it has no usage.

Just as a background information. The reason I got involved was due to my last GC. http://www.closecombat.org/forums/showthread.php?t=13734 and my suggestions http://www.closecombat.org/forums/showthread.php?t=13904.

Keeps the suggestions coming.

pzjager

Rep: 12.3
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:48 pm Post subject: Re: Meuse v3.5 Reply with quote

Volksjager_cn wrote:
FYI,

Tejszd and I are making changes to Meuse mod to make it more historically accurate. Things for sure will be changed are:

1. all weapons/vehicles data will be re-visited.
2. all forcepool data will be re-visited.
3. support element changes.

and more...

Hi,

Meuse remains one of the very best CC5 mods.
Personaly, I would like it to be a little more....fun, or alive,I don't know exactly how to tell this in english. Plus de peps, quoi!

Mais c'est excellent. Go on!

PJ

mikwarleo

Rep: 38.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:41 am Post subject: meuse sub-forum ... :) Reply with quote

Ah very cool. This mod is finally getting some of the attention it deserves. It's own sub-forum... nice. Great mod, currently my personal favourite ever since Volks put me onto it ages ago.

My 2c:
Having played a few games testing changes I think perhaps the bombers are overpowered?

On ATRs - they are perhaps underpowered. I haven't really play tested them, nor do I have tonnes of evidence to support my claims (so basically speaking mostly out my ass) but I do have pictures from a PZ4 I saw at Technick Museen Sinsheim which had ~6 small holes in frontal armour from ATRs. Obviously french thanks would be more vulnerable than frontal PZ4 especially when hit from sides, rear and above.

In GJS the ARTs in ostie command groups can take out a sherman with a little luck and under ideal conditions.

20min games | Replace Commander | Disband Rule | CC5 Strat Guide

caribacey

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:09 am Post subject: Reply with quote

My French buddy Francois would love an update of this mod. He refuses to play any other mod, heh.

SA_Acey

Digs

Rep: 56.7

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:14 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you happen to have an estimate on how long this will take to complete?.

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:21 am Post subject: Reply with quote

No ETA at this point.

I'm hoping to see what bugs and or other changes will be made as part of the CC5 Re release. In particular I need the issue with only the host seeing crushed fences/hedges during battle fixed if I'm to introduce the Bruckenleger IVb (PzIV Bridge building tank).

Volksjager_cn

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:09 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, there is a beta version of Meuse in zip file format. You can download it from http://hosted.filefront.com/nogravity

All you need to do is to install Meuse v3.4 and unzip this zip file at C: drive to overwrite the CCV files. (Provided that your CCV is installed at C drive). When you uninstall Meuse3.4, all the files will be reverted to original CCV files.

It has lots of bug fixes of Meuse 3.4 by Tejszd and me. Most of the changes are made to match the historical values :
1) forcepool values for all the armor/ATG are based on historical number when you play as Line vs Line setting.
2) All the vehicles/weapon values have been revisited.
3) Some French battlegroups have been changed.
4) The reinforce button is removed from German side with all the forcepool in German BG being doubled. So, German side player don't have to contemplate whether to reinforce.

Please note there is one thing which may or may not be include in the final release. In this beta version, the fire support of mortar barrage is changed to heavy artillery barrage and the heavy artillery barrage is changed to heavy bombers bombardment. I put it in just as it is more representative to historical events.
ie, French had better artillery support at the beginning and German had strong aerial support.

GS_Schimpf

Rep: 3.3

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 6:25 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Any chance of having version 3.5 converted for The Longest Day?
Would be nice!

Visit the famous German Soldiers

WW2 Gaming since 1999

Therion

Rep: 27.4
votes: 4

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 11:16 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Any chance of having version 3.5 converted for CCMT?
Would be nice!

Wonderland - my mod for Armored Brigade

Killing for peace is like fucking for orgasm.

RD_TG_Jager

Rep: 24.5

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:03 pm Post subject: Re: Meuse v3.5 Reply with quote

Any news on the new release and will it be upgrade to CCWar orTLD games????

Tejszd

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:33 am Post subject: Re: Meuse v3.5 Reply with quote

Glad to hear there is still some interest in Meuse. I do have a couple versions on the hard disk that are not out in the public;

CC5 - Patch C to fix the stone fence crushed image and winter trees on some maps (Terrain, TerrainA.stm and some map txt files)
WAR - started to port it over but never finished as TLD came out
TLD - ported it over and have made a lot changes which I'm testing now

Last edited by Tejszd on Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:39 am; edited 1 time in total

Tejszd

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:53 am Post subject: Re: Meuse v3.5 Reply with quote

Here are a couple screen shots of Meuse on TLD;

Pic 1
- More units slots in the forcepool available
- New tank Pz IB shown in the support platoon

Pic 2
- Artillery available for both sides
- Night Battle available
- New French BG shown (they have an extra BG now)

Meuse TLD BG.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  99.55 KB
 Viewed:  21486 Time(s)

Meuse TLD BG.jpg

Meuse TLD Scenario Editor.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  91.64 KB
 Viewed:  21486 Time(s)

Meuse TLD Scenario Editor.jpg

Last edited by Tejszd on Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:38 am; edited 1 time in total

Bungarra

Rep: 137.3

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:50 am Post subject: Re: Meuse v3.5 Reply with quote

Great stuff   Exclamation

You know if you don't live it.... You can't give it.

Digs

Rep: 56.7

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:16 am Post subject: Re: Meuse v3.5 Reply with quote

Will v3.5 ever be released for CC5?.

Post new topicThis topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Meuse Mod
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Jump to: