Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Author
Icewarp

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:55 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you once again, I can´t stop playing it Very Happy

Pzt_Kevin_dtn

Rep: 10.9

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:11 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I am really enjoying this mod. Well done.

There are two small things that I REALLY like with this mod. One, I think the medals look fantastic. Real crisp icons of them.

Second, I love the intro music to each battle. ITS AWESOME.

These are just a couple small things but they are really cool.

Last edited by Pzt_Kevin_dtn on Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

kukov

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:40 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

was looking forward to carrying on the struggle in SOC, very good mod nice to see people still taking there time to produce a mod which is of high quality.

going to be very hard tho. 400 rounds of ammo for mg34 lol you have to wait till the russians are on top of you so you dont waste ammo. What i like about this mod is the fact that you have pull your units back alot of the time quite realistic desperate fight if played as the germans.

Tanks are better aswell ie scale

cheers

Pzt_Mac

Rep: 3.4

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:07 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree with Kevin, the music at the start of this mod is fantastic (among other things). Very Happy

diggin.robat

Rep: 39.7
votes: 2

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:36 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

A great mod! Very inspirative, many new ideas. Thanx for that!

GW modding team
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

ANZAC_Tack

Rep: 22.3
votes: 1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:30 am Post subject: .. Reply with quote

i have been testing this mod for some 4/6 weeks ahead of release, and since release, a constant 1/2 hours a day,longer weekends, my eyes are sore from the frost bite, my fingers numb from the icecicles banding on bare bone,and my feet...well blackish from sittin on me ass!....oh i exadurate...burp...

but its an addictive mod, i like to play 1 mod at a time, last was TRSM,before that stalingrad with gjs in between for reference/consistancy/.

but just when i think i understand the game, something is thrown in my face i didnt expect,like this week(again) russians snuck to within 50m of a HMG34 in open snow! wow my guys must of been sinkin some snaps!(burp...) and i had time to loosen off 100rds before the grenades came flyin in! in this case russians 10kia,germans 1 kia,1 wia.

and the guns, even after a few shots fired from ATG's u still cant spot them, UNLIKE GJS,more like TRSM, u have to really follow tracer/smoke/sound.

awsome fun!!

apart from ATG's its 2:1 killing, i still dont think its enough!

espree de corp

dgfred

Rep: 63.1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:05 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice fighting Tack :Cool . I haven't got as far as you have but my casualties look to be very similar.
I have lost Baburkin, but I still have battles in Bekatovka, Petsochanka and
Jelchi. I got hit hard by the Russian Tank BGs, but I moved other units behind them into Borodkin and Voroschilov to cut off their supply. First battle was tough, maybe no supply will take some of the punch out of those
BGs. It seems that my ATG and Armor may take out a Russian tank, then
all hell seems to rain down on them, not to mention if you miss the first shot Shocked .

When you have some time could you give us some of your strat-map stategy and movement? Have you disbanded any units? Did you withdraw
any units 1st turn? Are you running out of troops/tanks in your BGs? Where
did you send your reinforcements? Cheers, Greg

Sports Freak/ CC Commander/ Panzerblitz Commander

ANZAC_Tack

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:24 am Post subject: mmm Reply with quote

well day 1 i moved to virtually this position, only some small moves west in top east. and i swaped a BG centre top,as ruskie tanks chewed em ,5cmpaks got wasted in 20 seconds.then held with atr's.

lost no bg's yet, but 2 are useless for tanks. no atg's.

espree de corp

salhexe

Rep: 70.1
votes: 6

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:34 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Pj

great job specially it's no boring (here happen a siege and you know CC Ai)

:ok1

ANZAC_Tack

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:09 pm Post subject: training Reply with quote

now im doing active training program.

in neally every BG im getting those russian 'volentire' hiltz and alarm troops trained up, IF they dont all go bezerk game 1, then i allow them all a little combat every day,always with kommanders at there rear, and within 3 days are as good as any granadier unit.

its necessary now even on turn 4 to use them all!.as good units fade away under opperrasive stalin pipes,155mm batteries, i simply must reinforce somehow!.

i need to increase my kill ratio now to survive to i think 5 to 1 not 2 to 1 lol!!! Rolling Eyes

i will survive!!!

historically i dont believe holding out would bring german reinforcements, spring/summer was best time, could germans of gotten some out? who could of punched through the 60odd batallions surrounding the germans? lots of tigers and air support...months more planning....

espree de corp

ANZAC_Tack

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:21 am Post subject: 2000 KIA ruskies in the snow... Reply with quote

2000 KIA ruskies in the snow...

but is it enough???

will i survive? 2 bg's close to 20 units left,

2 more bg's with little AT capibility.

panzers now a precious resource.

at least i have fuel and ammo supply! ill fight for my supply BG's to the end!

espree de corp

dgfred

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:47 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

What day is it Tack? Which BGs are hurting the most?

dgfred

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:46 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Just finished Rd1- Day 2:

G-756 KIA R-1337
G-643 WIA R-1154
G-9 Armor R-40
G-7 Vehicles R-16
G-22 Guns R-28

Not as good as Tack, but I'm getting more used to the maps and the good
ambush sites :hurt6 . I disbanded one unit during the movement phase, it
caused me to lose two extra panzers Crying or Very sad .

pzjager

Rep: 12.3

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:38 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

My current kill ratio at the moment is about 1G for 2,5 Ru. But as time passes, I have less and less vehicles and guns remaining, so I anticipate heavier losses in the future.
I have lost yesterday Borodkin and Zybenko, the situation becomes alarming...Only good points are Voroschilov where the russian armored regiment is more or less destroyed (my kampgruppen Ludwig have made a nice job here, together with a panzerknacker with 5 tanks destroyed and a pzIVF2 with 5 as well) and Novo Rogatchik where the russians have been pushed away from the map.

Cheers
PJ

sharky4u

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:23 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wanted to express my sincere thanks for this mod, I have only managed to complete three of the battles in the grand campaign and so far it is flawless. I prefer to fight to the death (no time limit/ no low morale) and was impressed with the balance so far. Playins as the germans i have noticed that not only are they running out of ammo sooner but are not as effective against the enemy. The russian units are noticbley smarter, harder and larger, i really had to throw everything at them to the point my motor teams ran out of ammo and had to retake a victory location with knives.

Thank you for all your hard work, I have total respect and admiration for the whole team. Very Happy

ANZAC_Tack

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:02 pm Post subject: .. Reply with quote

g kia 1057, rus kia 2700.

i had to withdraw from jabinskia(damned if i know name, bottom left,the one with massive ravine forked) russian tanks and rockets devisted my stugs,mk4's and t34 captured in 2 turns.

now rotating many BGs,pulled 4 from the line,to give other bg's some experience. using alarmtruppens 2/3 in every bg available.all looks GOOD.

espree de corp

VonVolks

Rep: 6.6

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:56 am Post subject: Reply with quote

alarmtruppen?

What are they?

My Gamer Blog

sharky4u

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:09 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

As previously mentioned by other players, the game play is better than anything i have seen so far in a mod.

I am losing, I never lose like this when defensivley playing the german side.

When i posted a thanks earlier this week I put it down to better balance, less ammo or more agressive AI, but it is more than that. Last night i was actually red faced with rage and screaming orders at the screen like a crazy person because units were not firing or firing too early, just rubbish shots or for dieing without permission.

Oh my god this mod is turning me into a Nazi, i know my slow defeat is rather historical but this can't happen to me.

I demand that they win, if they do not they will be shot!

Aslo I have one question.

What is the unwritten rule on editing or even viewing the enemies force pool prior to deployment. I for one never touch what the AI decides to field against me unless it is stupid (six snipers or reserves against tanks), but in checking that the AI is not being an idiot i inadvertantly gain an insight into what they are using and plan my deployment accordingly. Is the fair, can it be justified as intelligence?

In my frustration at the inpure halfwits that are bringing shame to the glorious Reich i may be tempted to dabble with the enemies force pool. I need some peer pressure to remove the temptation.

dgfred

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:22 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

VonVolks wrote:
alarmtruppen?

What are they?

Emergency troops thrown together into an unit.

Sharky, I too look at the AI's forces sometimes to HELP them. Like you said
sometimes their forces don't make sense, because they are facing lots of armor or no armor. Although it is very tempting to take their Katyushas away Shocked , don't do it. The result is one of the most difficult game decisions as you have to decide to fire your AT Gun or Panzer, then suffer the rain of
the Kats- or not fire and loose the opportunity to knock out a Russian tank or
Gun. Firing a gun and missing, then seeing that part of the map go up in smoke is very frustrating to say the least. Like you also said, this mod is something special :Cool .

sharky4u

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:57 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

dgfred wrote:
VonVolks wrote:
alarmtruppen?

What are they?

Emergency troops thrown together into an unit.

Sharky, I too look at the AI's forces sometimes to HELP them. Like you said
sometimes their forces don't make sense, because they are facing lots of armor or no armor. Although it is very tempting to take their Katyushas away Shocked , don't do it. The result is one of the most difficult game decisions as you have to decide to fire your AT Gun or Panzer, then suffer the rain of
the Kats- or not fire and loose the opportunity to knock out a Russian tank or
Gun. Firing a gun and missing, then seeing that part of the map go up in smoke is very frustrating to say the least. Like you also said, this mod is something special :Cool .

Thanks for the advice, I will leave the Kat’s alone!

You are spot on with that dilemma, you can guarantee that it will take two or three taps with a Pak to knock out a KV-Is at range and you can’t hold fire because the rusky horde charge at you like mad men and end up spotting the gun placement anyway. I am beginning to realise that it is going to be AT grenades and mines all the way soon, followed by sneaky reserves stealing back victory locations before the time limit runs out.
Very Happy

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> CC5 Stalingrad Operation Circle
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Jump to: