Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1213
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
RedScorpion

Rep: 11.7

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:42 pm Post subject: vista and gamespy Reply with quote

hi all,

i wonder if anyone managed to get into gamespy but get "there was an error trying to launch the game, check that the pathway is correct" when you try launching the game? (pathway is ok)
i suppose as vista is riddled with security barriers that somewhere gamespy is being halted when it tries to launch the game. i granted full access to this program, and firewall is off, but still no success, same fucking story. anyone knows how to tweak this?

thanks

Ceci tuera cela

Pzt_Mac

Rep: 3.4

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:18 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Red,

Yea, there is a problem with Vista and gamespy. GS has "been working on the problem" for months, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

There is a way to get to the CC5 room, but it's a round about sort of way.

Firstly, here are the two things you'll need:

file:///C:/Program%20Files/GameSpy%20Arcade/Services/_cache/arcadescript%7B01c8400c-715b6760-01ee9b27-01685576%7D:OpenGroupRoom(Main%20Lobby%7C-1%7C)

and

close5:///?type=group&group=-1

Follow these instructions:

"For those who are unable to access lobbies and are on the Windows Vista platform, there is a work-around to getting lobbies to work. It is a bit tedious, but until gamespy releases a patch it's a quick fix.

It's a bit complicating, so I'll do my best to try and explain everything clearly.

The first thing you have to do is to click the game in your 'my games' list. If the service map is already downloaded, that's great news.

I'm going to be using C&C Renegade as the example in this tutorial.

You should see a list of game lobbies to join now, and clicking on them should fail. Instead, right-click on the lobby and hit COPY SHORTCUT. Open up notepad, and paste the link. You should see a file:/// protocall link. Look towards the end of the link to where it says OpenGroupRoom, and look for the number between these characters "%7C" xxx "%7C". So this link: OpenGroupRoom((01)Construction%20Yard%7C357%7C) would be 357.

Next, navigate to C:\Program Files\Gamespy Arcade\services\ and look for a folder that resembles your game. I see a folder called ccrenegade, that must be it!

Now, while gamespy is in the foreground, hit CTRL+O, and type in the following:

foldername:///?type=group&group=number where 'foldername' is the name of the game's folder in /services, and 'number' is the number of the lobby we found earlier. So for cnc renegade I would type in:

ccrenegade:///?type=group&group=357

It would probably be a good idea to save the link, once you've figured it out."

GL!

RedScorpion

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:40 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Thumbs up for the advice mac, unfortunately it seems gamespy cant launch the game thru vista, ass sukin vista Evil or Very Mad

Ceci tuera cela

Pzt_Kevin_dtn

Rep: 10.9

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:43 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

This guy came into CCV Lobby today and offered the following on Vista issue. Not sure if this is a new fix or the same as what Mac posted above.

<[HELP]Astinos> If you have "Windows Vista" You need to update your system to "Vista Service Pack 1" Then you can use this fix http://www.forumplanet.com:80/gamespyarcade/topic.asp?fid=1555&tid=2097551 to be able to play your games and get in to the game lobbies.

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:09 am Post subject: Reply with quote

there is no service pack 1....yet
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

RedScorpion

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:36 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there is a beta available, but I heard nothing but trouble with it so far, im keeping my fingers crossed the release will sort the problem out anyway. ill give it til summer or ill get a laptop with XP Wink

Ceci tuera cela

Carnifex

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:57 am Post subject: Reply with quote

[deleted by carnifex]

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess -> Tech Support

Jump to: