Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1213
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
pzjager

Rep: 12.3
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:23 pm Post subject: My own GC by Panzerjäger Reply with quote

Hi to you all,

Since the launch of SOC, some of you have compared their own experiences... DogFred, Flamethrower and others have been discussing on the CC forums their own SOC experince. It is VERY interesting. As you know, SOC is a mod with a large strategic dimension (without it, it should be unplayable -maybe not interesting?-). There are a LOT of different ways to find a solution to the total defeat.

As the developper of the mod, I am playing a GC. I am now January 16th (historically, it was the date when Pitomnik felt) and I have to say that even if my results are better than my historical counterparts, the situation of the Kessel is nothing else than worrying. I have attached some pics to this post, so you will see. Just note that my GC is played with the GerVet Mod that I will release as soon as it is ready.

Please use this forum to send pics of your own GC, and, more important, use it to compare your results against other players. If someone survives until February 2nd... respect!

And please, don't forget that SOC's difficulty has to be judged with time. Play at least 4 or 5 rounds of the GC. Loose your last AT guns, weapons and your last Panzers. Then fight with your Alarmtruppen and what remains...

Cheers
PJ

UO0041.jpg
 Description:
The actual center of the Kessel.....
 Filesize:  178.55 KB
 Viewed:  4020 Time(s)

UO0041.jpg

UO0039.jpg
 Description:
Thez southern front. Zybenko has been lost. The only way to avoid the disaster is now to move the .29 and loose Novo Rogatschik...
 Filesize:  166.8 KB

UO0039.jpg

UO0043.jpg
 Description:
What to do with this FlaK division? If I move it from Chudor Gonchara to the south, I take the risk of a disaster in Bolsche Rossochka where the .79 is in a big trouble...
 Filesize:  163.45 KB

UO0043.jpg

dgfred

Rep: 63.1

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:04 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Not doing as good as you guys:

End of Rd2/ Day 2 (Jan11th)

KIA- G 945 R 1728
WIA-G 780 R 1481

armor- G 15 R 44
vehicles- G 7 R 20
guns- G 22 R 37

I am fighting for all of the Kessel except for 8 far-western sectors. All the rest are under contention. I control Red Square/ Orlovka/ Barrikady and really smacked the Russians hard in Northern Heights and Dubitin. The 71st Div units in the southeast are in bad shape but backup is on the way. Two tank units that have penetrated the defense ring are out of supply in Jabo. Balka and Kasialinsk. Really tough battles at the Grain Silos, Beketovka (71st ID) and Stalingradski (1st Romanian Cav) Russian MG unit is out of supply though. Flak unit is reinforcing the western sectors with a couple more units moving west too for added protection.

I had:
23 battles Rd1/D1
16 battles Rd2/D1
18 battles Rd1/D2
14 battles Rd2/D2

*1st battle Rd1/Day3 (Jan 12th) was in Novo Alexeievskij and the 29thPzAb/29Mot regained their supply road against the Russian
122Eng/57A, the only German unit that was previously out of supply :Cool .
The Kessel holds. The valor of the 6th Army soldiers is beyond compare.

Sports Freak/ CC Commander/ Panzerblitz Commander

pzjager

Rep: 12.3
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:54 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Here are the last news in my Kessel.

As you will see, the situation has deteriorated since the last post. The Enemy is now in Voroponovo and Kasialinsk and there is a big danger to see the Kessel cut in two parts if the Reds can take the Gumrak Airport and Talobaïa.
The south of the front is really not doing well. The best unit is...the 20th romanian!

I am still on the 17th... I don't believe it will be possible to hold until the february 2nd....

Cheers
PJ

UO0049.jpg
 Description:
How do you want to continue the fight with THAT? The south(east of the Kessel is in a real danger.
 Filesize:  211.6 KB
 Viewed:  3934 Time(s)

UO0049.jpg

UO0053.jpg
 Description:
The current situation. Note that the kill ratio is still about 1:2,5 for soldiers and 1/10 for the tanks.
 Filesize:  206.83 KB
 Viewed:  3934 Time(s)

UO0053.jpg

dgfred

Rep: 63.1

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:25 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Shocked , great fighting pzjager! The 20th Romanian has been very solid for
me too. I try to save my Grenadiers and use mostly alarmtroops and weaker
units early. That may be why my casualties have been higher early Confused . You
have plenty of Pak40s left in the 71st ID unit Wink . So how bad are the
situations in Jab. and Gumrak?

Sports Freak/ CC Commander/ Panzerblitz Commander

Pzt_dragoon47

Rep: 0.3

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 10:17 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I just started playing the mod and I have to say that it has been very difficult for me so far and the first round isn't even over yet! So far the Russians haven't been doing so well, as they haven't broken any of my maps yet and they've lost three maps already! The 20th Romanian really surprised me but not that much considering the terrain they fight on. I just take out the Russian guns and HT's at the start then I used the minefields to take them out. They wouldn't run over the mines, so I shot them with the guns and my mortars to set them off, them had the two R-3's flank the Russians from the south. Running out of mines however, as I went a little trigger happy on the Russian infantry. I still hold most of the first map, Mironovka, and even without supplies I think I can hold it the rest of the day. For some reason most of my ATG's have been hitting home, even the small 2.8cm gun took out a KV-I in a single shot to my surprise. Here's a few pics of my Romanians beating off the Russians.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess -> H2H Multiplayer

Jump to: