Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Ef13

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:46 pm Post subject: Movement speed question Reply with quote

When looking at the Movement definitions of the 'Elements' file in QClone, It states that the number is 'Secs/2 meters'.

What does this mean? If it implies that the number is the seconds it takes a unit to move 2 meters then I think its not correct. For example an armored car on pavement is given a value of 3. In the game it definitely doesn't take an armored car 3 seconds to move 2 meters.
Can someone help explain what the number really is?

ANZAC_Lord4war

Rep: 3.5

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:30 am Post subject: mmm Reply with quote

Quote:
When looking at the Movement definitions of the 'Elements' file in QClone, It states that the number is 'Secs/2 meters'.

What does this mean? If it implies that the number is the seconds it takes a unit to move 2 meters then I think its not correct. For example an armored car on pavement is given a value of 3. In the game it definitely doesn't take an armored car 3 seconds to move 2 meters.
Can someone help explain what the number really is?

view it as an aid to setting difficulty to move over the terrain.
0 will mean nil movement on object i.e=deep water
1 will give u fastest movement 2 lil slower.
this will depend on weight of soldier,equipment and ammo he is carrying
even down to his enthusiasm on battlefield and how close he is to command units.
or in case of vehicle a few other columns come into it.
basically u should test all units over changed elements,as they all have different settings and formulas.

Forget words,actions will show your true ambitions!The Battlefield,In many cases, the terrain of a battlefield can be the best resource a commander has. A clump of trees, an abandoned house, or a drainage ditch can all be powerful tools in the right hands

Ef13

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:13 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply,
what im looking for is an explanation of what number represents. If the term 'Secs/2 meters' is accurate, then what does it mean, how is it used?

Ef13

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:45 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I've figured it out.
The number is bound to the frequency of the internal game timer. I was able to get the same results as the game in my tests.

Senior_Drill

Rep: 9.7
votes: 2

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:29 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

According to TheBlood!, who works with the source codes, speeds are effected by the element tile, the speed and the soldier and weapon weights.

For the Elements.adb Vehicle Move, it is base time, in 0.1 seconds, to move 2m in terrain (one coded element tile). Time of 0 = can not enter terrain. This applies to MOVE FAST. MOVE is about 50% of this speed, and MOVE COVERT about 25%. Range = 1+ . For Soldier Move rate it is base time, in 0.1 seconds, to move 2m in terrain (one coded element tile). Time of 0 = can not enter terrain. This applies to both MOVE and MOVE COVERT. MOVE FAST is about 3 times quicker. Range = 1+

For the Vehicle.adb Acceleration is .10m/s/s (but this may be tied to the 2 meter element tile, so is actually half, or .05m per second per second). Max Speed is also stated to be .10m per second and seems to be accurate.

For infantry, it is the element type plus the weight of the weapon in the Soldiers.adb. The higher the weight, the slower the soldier although no figures have been provided. Changes in elevation also add and subtract from the base movement rate for both infantry and vehicle type teams.

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre.

Pzt_Kanov

Rep: 14.2
votes: 9

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:17 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Senior_Drill wrote:
According to TheBlood!, who works with the source codes, speeds are effected by the element tile, the speed and the soldier and weapon weights.

For the Elements.adb Vehicle Move, it is base time, in 0.1 seconds, to move 2m in terrain (one coded element tile). Time of 0 = can not enter terrain.

Sorry to interrupt but i would like to know if something is possible.

We know that coding infantry as vehicles in **team.adb makes them more 'aggressive' but has the side effect of making such teams unable of entering buildings, could someone code the vehicles as something else and enable the vehicle type to enter buildings so as to have better infantry AI on urban maps?

Im not at home right now so I can't look at it, but I would like to know if the theory is feasible.

Ef13

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:54 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Senior_Drill wrote:
According to TheBlood!, who works with the source codes, speeds are effected by the element tile, the speed and the soldier and weapon weights....

Thanks much Senior_Drill!
Thats just the kind of info I was looking for.

Senior_Drill

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:27 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Pzt_Kanov wrote:

Sorry to interrupt but i would like to know if something is possible.

We know that coding infantry as vehicles in **team.adb makes them more 'aggressive' but has the side effect of making such teams unable of entering buildings, could someone code the vehicles as something else and enable the vehicle type to enter buildings so as to have better infantry AI on urban maps?

Im not at home right now so I can't look at it, but I would like to know if the theory is feasible.

Well, yes and no. To get that you must give up something. In the Elements.adb, the type of terrrain element a soldier or vehicle can enter and how fast they can move through that element is controlled by the Soldier Move Low, Med and High columns and the five vehicle types: Pushed, Truck, Armored Car, Halftrack and Tracked columns. Anything with a zero/zed/0 can not be entered by that team.adb Type. Anything with a positive value can be.

What you give up is having three different speeds for infantry movement (Sneak, Move and Move Fast in the Low, Med and High columns) and maybe some of the protection the lower sillouette rates have, but I'm not sure about that.

You also have to give up one of the vehicle columns, with Truck being the obvious choice. Just make sure that there are no actual vehicles also with the Truck= 22 Type in teams.adb and that the infantry still has an infantry SAI Unit type. Any actual trucks need to become Armored Cars, or they could tag along with the infantry and upset the funiture and knock over Grandma's china cabinet. She wouldn't like that.

Pzt_Kanov

Rep: 14.2
votes: 9

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:32 am Post subject: Reply with quote

well i tried and got slightly better results but not what I was hoping for.

I copied & pasted the column 'soldier move standing' on the 'vehicle move truck' and now infantry with SAI coded as vehicle (Cool can be placed on buildings on the deplyement phase but they cannot move to other buildings during play, at least not to the small ones, they do enter the large buildings (diffrent from factories) but are confined to big spaces not crowded with walls. As soon as you place the move fast dot near a wall you get the can't reach target message.

Also, the game seems to take into account the size of the team, because smaller teams, 5 or less are more easly positioned than big teams.

Senior_Drill

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:21 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I've never done this with and infantry team before or seen it done so I'm guessing here.

Do these teams have Vehicle.adb data lines? If so, check the columns DQ Move Type (120), DR (121) Vehicle Size and DS (122) Object Size. Set Move Type to 1 = Truck and the other two to 0 zero/zed.

Now they be itty bitty trucks that can sneak through mouse holes maybe.

Don't forget to modifiy the sound files. Instead of going "Ahhhh", or "ARRRRgh" or "Uhhhhh" when killed or wounded, they should go "<Fender Bender crash sound>", "BEEEEEP" and "<Engine knocking and rattle, then dying>"

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Modding Workshop

Jump to: