Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1222
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Author
ZAPPI4

Rep: 33.3
votes: 2

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:39 pm Post subject: CSO Versus CCS ? Reply with quote

Ok, this is what i v got in mind...

Apprently, CSO break down and close his support for CC.
Why this old site, created to support CC since the begining closed
when CC seems to rebirth? I means, this site followed CC since
so many years when the game was officially on stop and just close
when re release bring up. That's very strange to me.
All this due to conflict between CSO member?

For many months, years, CSO was sort of conflict with CCS.
I remember many post from user simply deleted at CSO forum.
I remember many conflict on CCS forum posted from CSO member.
Does i'm wrong or all those vengeful people seems to be someone else now
that CSO is down? I never understood why war was needed between
those both site while they all supported the same game.
But what i see now is all CSO member now come here and post, repost,
and reply to any post as they did at CSO. It seems than CCS is their
new drop point.
I receved many same question from people who asked me if " CCS will be
the new CSO". Well i have to say no.
Anyone is welcome here on CCS as long as they are in respect between
each others. Some user start to complains about CSO member rush at
CCS forum. Well i say, everybody are free to post on forum. As long as
they dont spam forum or lack of respect. But keep in mind
CCS is not CSO.
This is my point of view. My personnal feeling.
Feel free to post your own feeling.
Cheers

Tout est possible ... il faut juste connaitre quand.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

Polemarchos

Rep: 27.3

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:30 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

very good and clear statement ZAPPI.

That's the spirit that makes CCS unique and resilient, even if conflicts occur.

To brave men few words are as good as many

AT_Stalky

Rep: 27.4
votes: 10

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:43 pm Post subject: yepp Reply with quote

Yeh, im conserned.

I dont whant the same ppl that brought down CSO forum to do the same for CCS.

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:57 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

at last...

thnx Zappi for clearing the position of creators of the CCS Smile.

iam not that paranoic after all eh?

Senior_Drill

Rep: 9.7

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:56 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Zappi, in a round about way, I've talked about it in this post of the "You never miss it until it's gone" thread.

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=28591#28591

The closing of CSO is probably something that just had to happen for reasons we can only speculate about, but are probably very valid and necessary legal ones.

And people should also bear in mind that many CSO regulars and even some Simtek people have been around CCS for a very long time and have never tried to "bring it down". I, for instance, am a former one of both those and have been here at CCS since before most of you. Both Schrecken and I were even among the very few that Mooxe showed this website to before it was opened to the public.

CCS has nothing to fear and no one has anything to be parnoid about. A few people may bump heads and personalities until they get aquainted or re-aquainted, but that has happened many times in the past 12 years as other CC sites have come and gone, changed and morphed, died altogether or re-incarnated as new sites.

This ain't nothing but another little bump in the road and it too will smooth out.

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre.

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:14 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Remaking the history Drill?

CSO forum died before the plug was take out literally.

The visitors rejected the CSO forum long before due to its very hostile atmosphere it developed by the Simteckers as anyone dared to doubt your fantastic products COI and CCMT and future developments.
And now they start upkeep same hostile attitude here at CCS, darn them who dare to question and critic the fantastic product you and your friends made. Uhh,

Maybe you think its ok to collectively ass whip people but some how they dint like that. Go figure ...
They EXPRESSED that BY TURNING THERE BACKS on the Simtec run CSO forum, and go to CCS forum. But, hey here you are following them who rejected that.

Try learn from history Drill, and look at the smoking ruins of the burned down CSO forum that had up to you and your friends took over been the CC gamers heaven.

Welcome Drill!
And the match box is in the kitchen next to the gasoline tank.

Enjoy

Senior_Drill

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:33 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

"And now they start upkeep same hostile attitude here at CCS,...." ?

It seems to me that the only hostility is coming from a very few here that seem to harbor some vitriolic hatreds of a company that does not exist anymore.

Get over it, dude.

Dima

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:33 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The closing of CSO is probably something that just had to happen for reasons we can only speculate about, but are probably very valid and necessary legal ones.

observations on what's happened on CSO forced me to abandon it last year.

Quote:
And people should also bear in mind that many CSO regulars and even some Simtek people have been around CCS for a very long time and have never tried to "bring it down".

rite, before 28.02.08 (for Senior Drill - for other it varies)...only after that "some Simtek people" started to try to "bring it down" Smile.

Quote:
Both Schrecken and I were even among the very few that Mooxe showed this website to before it was opened to the public.

looks like mooxe showed it to me even earlier than to u - does it make me cooler?

or Brutus....and u here?

hehe Stalk, long time we didn't agree on single subject Razz

Dima

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:37 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

brr forgot to quote Senior Drill:

Quote:
BTW, Troger, though it may be only his second post here, Joe98 has been around CC and all the other CC forums for a lot longer than you have. And he has always been very civil, something that you don't appear to be able to do. It's the unnecessary, rude and hostile responses like yours that have been a less than appealing trademark of this forum.

don't think that bolded sentence speaks against Senior Drill.
looks like Senior Drill has just missed the name of site/forum - he probably meant CSO Wink.

Senior_Drill

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:45 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

No, not cooler. Not anything that really matters, either. And while I do list out as member #68, Mooxe will remember that I was in the 5 to 8 range and asked to have that one, with a different user name, deleted when I re-registered with the same name I use on all the CC forums.

Which also doesn't matter in the least. But you are using a very broad brush to paint attitudes on a group of people instead of addressing specifics with individuals.

If you have a problem with me, let's talk about it.

Senior_Drill

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:50 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Dima wrote:
brr forgot to quote Senior Drill:

Quote:
BTW, Troger, though it may be only his second post here, Joe98 has been around CC and all the other CC forums for a lot longer than you have. And he has always been very civil, something that you don't appear to be able to do. It's the unnecessary, rude and hostile responses like yours that have been a less than appealing trademark of this forum.

don't think that bolded sentence speaks against Senior Drill.
looks like Senior Drill has just missed the name of site/forum - he probably meant CSO Wink.

See what I mean? You're acting like a boor, Dima. But it is all water off a ducks back to me, so carry on.

ZAPPI4

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:56 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Senior_Drill wrote:

And people should also bear in mind that many CSO regulars and even some Simtek people have been around CCS for a very long time and have never tried to "bring it down". I, for instance, am a former one of both those and have been here at CCS since before most of you. Both and I were even among the very few that Mooxe showed this website to before it was opened to the public...

Dont forget this 2 points Senior_Drill...
-Many user get the CCS acces and see it before you or Schrecken.
-No one would see it before is official release if all admin agreed to give
them this favor.
And getting this favor means nothing as at this time when CCS
was released, we were all friend. All the rumble started around 2004.
Now please dont tell me that no one was on to made conflict
as i was personnaly under critic and attack from CSO members.
Some were admin at CSO and they didnt stop at their owner forum frontier.
They came here to send me multiple PM etc...
But anyway, whatever they are or they do, anyone is still welcome here.

Like some other veteran, i follow CC since ABTF. Like everyone, i used
CSO for download, forum, etc but i stoped to use CSO when all this started.
That's my personnal reason why i manage my part on CCS.
To get a free, fair and updated site for CC. To play it with my kid when he
will got the age to play it correctly. This message is not to reasure me,
but more to reasure all the community from who i get some complains.

CCS is THE Fan CC gamer. This site is maybe managed by few people
but in fact the site is belong to all of us. It cant exist without all of you
all of us.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

Dima

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:02 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
But you are using a very broad brush to paint attitudes on a group of people instead of addressing specifics with individuals.

yes, the group of individuals that try to reply to any thread posted at CCS even if they don't have a clue about what they r talking about.

Quote:
If you have a problem with me, let's talk about it.

yes, u r one of that group - and u pretty often post about something u don't really understand - 'just to post'....like it was in CSO.

Quote:
See what I mean? You're acting like a boor, Dima. But it is all water off a ducks back to me, so carry on.

i c what i mean - in CSO u guys acted by the same script and that's why ppl withdrew from it.

so u confirm that?
It's the unnecessary, rude and hostile responses like yours that have been a less than appealing trademark of this forum.(c)Senior Drill

Troger

Rep: 17.5

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:10 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I am a bit surprised to hear that CSO is closed for good (or the time being). I am a bit surprised by the shake up with Simtek. I know Sulla was one founder but who was the 'other guy'?

There was a sort of 'gang' mentality at the CSO forum that ruined it a bit. But I don't think that will work here. Nor do I think anyone was censored at CSO, I felt perfectly comfortable making rather brash posts there, as I do here. But it was just a one vs all sort of deal, but hey, my rep was high, so I know some people agreed, hehe.

Who is actually developing future CC releases now? 'Simtek', or ST3, Matrix? Is Sulla still involved with any of this? Who heads the development team?

I don't think CSO was any better in terms of civility, in some cases it was worse. The public lashings dished out by CSO and fellow hanger-ons (and vets, who although stopped playing CC years ago, thought they were some sort of gods for making some mod that changed weapon values, come on!) were particularly annoying.  

Oh well, too bad CSO is gone, it was at least another CC resource.

Oh and let me just point something out Senior Drill, I want your attention to something you said on this post: http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=28591#28591

Good informative post, with one blaring problem.
Senior_Drill wrote:
Anzac Tack has implied he doesn't want to play the old CC5 anymore because he is loving the testing of the re release.  

This means nothing to me, and I'll tell you why.

Tack, or 'Tacky' pulled this same crap with the CC3 re-release. And let me be the first to call him out on his ranting on how great the CC5 re-release is. CoI was nothing more then CC3 + mods, that's brass tacks. He ranted and raved about things that had changed, that;

A. Already existed for cc3 in mods
and
B. Developers did not actually fix or claim to fix, but was just his imagination.

He went around the forums raveling people up, like he has done with marketing the cc5 release here (with his retirement thread). Tack; When that re-release comes out and it is turns out to be a dud like CoI, you're officially going to be known as Tack the Blowhard. Shame on you.

Last edited by Troger on Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:26 am; edited 1 time in total

Dima

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:14 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

haha

it's hard to say for me....but...good post Troger lol

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:21 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Drill
Quote:
It seems to me that the only hostility is coming from a very few here that seem to harbor some vitriolic hatreds of a company that does not exist anymore.

Not at all Drill and Co, you have NOT made the games I love so much, the original Series CC1-5 by Atomic.

And I cant feel anything vs a company (Simtec) that relies such poor product.
I can ignore the product so its simple, and I can ignore the CSO forum run by Simtecers, so that’s that was fine.
But now I cant ignore you and yer friends anymore, you in my face, for the CSOSimetecers have wrecked there own forum and are now here at CCS and try to muffle me and the crituics.
Sry I don’t like that, I can accept that.

Take a step back, and look at this, is it professional conduct by the so called “Game developers” to act like that in fan forums?
I never see Bill Gates bitch with the complainers of his product? I suppose Bill use a whip to, but mostly a carrot, but on his own crew to make a better software and meet the consumers wishes and needs.

What do you think?

Senior_Drill

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:11 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I agree that it was a very big mistake to have put a commercial company's buisness on a fan site. It should never have happened. Sbufkle tried to seperate that out in forums and got a lot of trouble for his efforts.

A lot of the CSO vs CCS animosities also date back to Sbuflle's banning wars with Mooxe a long time ago, which obviously was resolved between them.

Some poor decisions were made by Shaun Wallace, but it was his website and his company. The CoI arguements should also have not been allowed between the development people on a fan site, when it was actually the publisher's forums, Matrix Games, where the debates should have been held. The publisher ordered the modding of CC3 for CoI and should have been the ones to defend the decision. Simtek's intent was to make the original games once again available for people who could not find them anywhere else than EBay or bargain bins. Those re-releases would have had just the Direct X fixes and the somewhat limited vehicle pathing improvements, but would have been the same otherwise.

Too late now, though, eh?

Troger, the other was Chris Bean, aka Beeblebrox, banned from CSO a year ago on advice from a lawyer. Had he and Sulla had kept Simtek business off CSO, it may have survived their falling out. But it became tied together and it is my opinion that that is why it is now taken down. And I could be totally wrong about that, too.

ZAPPI4

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:17 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Dima wrote:
at last...

thnx Zappi for clearing the position of creators of the CCS Smile.

iam not that paranoic after all eh?

Like i said, this is my personnal view, nothing about CCS creator.

Dima

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:18 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Drill u sounds soo...scripted Very Happy

sry, i've bee following yer posts in CSO...

Dima

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:20 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Like i said, this is my personnal view, nothing about CCS creator.

in the bottom of the site:
Homba, Zappi, Bambam887, RedScorpion and MOOXE created this site in August of 2004.

looks like u r one of the creators Wink.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Jump to: