Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1213
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
BB-61

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:37 pm Post subject: Modest, first AAR Reply with quote

Is it allowed to post minor AAR's here, concerning a single battle against the AI? If not, I apologize for the following.

Regards, Chris

AFTER ACTION REPORT

Action in or near Raids, Normandy, 13 June 1944.

On June 13, we ran into units of the 17th SS division around Raids, Normandy. During our advance into the village a sturmgeschutz was spotted in a field by units attached to Lt. Fisher while engaging the enemy on our left flank. I ordered Sgt. Johnson, who was in command of the Wolverine, to cautiously advance towards the StuG and attack it since it was directly threatening Lt. Fisher's positions.

Sgt. Johnson advanced with the Wolverine, temporarily halting on the road leading into the village awaiting instructions as to the best route to take towards the StuG which was hidden from Sgt. Johnson's view by trees, hedgerows and farmhouses.

[I had to attend to a different part of the map for a minute so I temporarily left the Wolverine parked in the road behind my lines. I knew that the German's didn't have any Pz Büchse or PAK's and since there were trees, hedgerows and two farmhouses between it and the StuG I assumed there wouldn't be line of sight and hence the Wolverine would be safe there for a minute.]

While on the road Sgt. Johnson caught glimpse of the StuG in the field beyond between the trees, hedgerows and farmhouses. Using his initiative, Sgt. Johnson rotated the turret of his Wolverine and shooting through the trees and hedgerows destroyed the StuG with a single shot thereby significantly helping Lt. Fisher on the left flank who was under great pressure from the enemy.

With the StuG out of action Sgt. Roy commanding the Stuart could safely enter the field previously occupied by the StuG to assist Lt. Fisher in the defense of his position from determined attack by enemy SS units. As a result the enemy was forced to disengage and we were able to secure the village.

I recommend Sgt. Johnson for a bronze star for his action in destroying the SS sturmgeschutz.

Signed,

Lt. Moon,

Commanding

LiveFree

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:36 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome story!....let us know all the future developments. Will be interesting to see how it turns out.

Also, you might want to consider including pictures in your AARs. It makes it more appealing and helps us to visualize what you describe better.

there's a nice utility in the download section that very easily allows you to take pictures of your CC games. That way, next we'll be be able to see all the bloodbath Smile

happy gaming!

karlmortar

Rep: 16.7
votes: 2

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:22 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Not bad for your first AAR! Very Happy

Some more detail of your infantry movments would be great!
Also: lots and lots of screenshots please! Very Happy

And when you feel that you are ready, play a GC H2H with some one, and write an AAR. Those gets very exciting!

"CC for ever"

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess -> H2H Multiplayer

Jump to: