Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1214
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Roel

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:18 pm Post subject: annoying setup bug Reply with quote

Hi all,

We're currently trying to start up a new Grand Campaign (2) of GJS4.4, a rematch of a campaign we played about one year ago. My opponent and I both use the same map pack and pln.

When entering the deployment screen of the first battle (Gold Beach), the setup zones are not determined according to the normal rule of megatiles around an entry VL. Instead, the map is now simply divided into 2 setup zones of equal size, with Commonwealth forces on the western and German forces on the eastern side (so the reversed position of how it should be).

In the previous H2H campaign, we didn't have this problem. However, we already encountered the same issue on the Caen map, and also in a map of the RSR mod. I don't have the problem when playing vs AI.

Anybody has an idea what causes this annoying bug, and how it can be solved or avoided?

Thanks & regards,

Roel

Roel

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:51 am Post subject: Reply with quote

After a couple of hours of trial and error, we found the solution.

For those experiencing the same problem:
to avoid issues with disappearing units in force pools, it is recommended not to save your game after each battle and reload it instead of immediately continuing to the next battle.
Not doing this after strategic movement solves the problem. Up till now, we didn't experience problems with the force pools either.

Cheers,

Roel

Pzt_Kevin_dtn

Rep: 10.9

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:37 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Roel wrote:
.... it is recommended not to save your game after each battle and reload it instead of immediately continuing to the next battle.

I believe your meant to remove the word "not" from the sentence above. you actually DO want to save it and reload the NEW saved file after each battle.

So I will name my GCs being fought in GJS as:
GJSopp001
GJSopp002
GJSopp003
etc as the campaign advances.
"opp" is substituted with whoever my opponent is.

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:11 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Some more tips..

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=122

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Roel

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:46 am Post subject: Reply with quote

to Pzt_Kevin_dtn:

oeps... indeed, the sentence should read as you say :zzz
Actually, I never experienced the negative effects myself (we save and go back every time); what happens exactly to the force pools?

to Mooxe:

thx, useful link! We already use most of the rules/settings mentioned.
We also use the same VL setup rule (except that we do not allow diagonal connections), even to the point that if no VL is available at the start of the battle (after exiting one BG and entering another), the player is forced to disband. This provides an incentive for outmanoeuvering your opponent off a map.

On the side: In our next H2H GC, we will experiment with a numerical superiority rule. Numerical strenght is based on total headcount (men per team) in a BG. The side that has numerical superiority can deploy the normal 15 teams, the other side only a fraction based on the numerical ratio.
Numerical superiority can be claimed by the attacker during an 'Attack/Defend' and by both sides during 'Battle Continues'. For a 'Meeting Engagement', both sides can still deploy 15 teams.
The purpose of the rule is to downgrade the attrition element inherent in many GCs, to translate the overall strenght ratio into the tactical battles, and to put a premium on shock tactics against a numerically inferior opponent. It also provides an extra incentive to 'move in and attack' (since the attacker always negates numerical inferiority).
This should make for an entirely different approach to a GC...

Regards,

Roel

Roel

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:54 am Post subject: Reply with quote

To Mooxe:

From the CC5 Campaign Guide:

"After pressing Execute you must play the first battle before saving the game again. Saving the game after Execution to play at a later time will cause deployment errors to occur. Always play the first battle after execution! "

Apparently, the guide already mentioned the solution... however, will this not cause problems to the force pools?

Roel

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> CC5 Gold, Juno, Sword

Jump to: