Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1213
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Superkala

Rep: 5.1
votes: 2

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:28 am Post subject: Mod Playable in Multiplayer? Reply with quote

I am looking at playing a GC with a friend, and would like a mod well balanced\interesting etc. We like the looks of stalingrad but i have some issues with the KV-1 tanks that vets could answer-are these too overpowered to allow a competitive game? Can you handle them as germans? Confused

I have only faced them in SP but even then-completely superior to everything. Only way to kill them was setup heavy AT guns overlooking areas i knew the AI would send them through. Sometimes it takes a dozen hits to kill one, surely a human would have arty fire on the gun position by then...

i will be playing soviets so i guess i shouldnt complain to much, but if they are as OP as it seems whats the point

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:09 am Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1535

Superkala

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:19 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive read that. Im well aware of your opinions on this subject and others, unavoidable really.

And yes ive had frontal one-shot-kills with PzIVgs at point blank range. However this seems very much up to luck. And against a AI instead of a human which wouldnt have put its tank in that position unsupported.

What im asking is, does anyone play this mod MP?

Edit;i see that those screenies are from MP. So i take it atleast a few dont think its OP. Saying that instead of leaving it to be assumed from screenies would help Wink

Pzt_Kevin_dtn

Rep: 10.9

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:54 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

We recently played a team h2h war using Stalingrad and a CUSTOM made Op. The Op contained zero KV-1 for the very reasons that have you concerned.

pzjager

Rep: 12.3
votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:53 pm Post subject: Re: Mod Playable in Multiplayer? Reply with quote

Superkala wrote:
I am looking at playing a GC with a friend, and would like a mod well balanced\interesting etc. We like the looks of stalingrad but i have some issues with the KV-1 tanks that vets could answer-are these too overpowered to allow a competitive game? Can you handle them as germans?

CC is an historical game. Competititiveness is out of it.

It is only for brave players who accept the historical occuracy

Pj

ronson

Rep: 36.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:03 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are planning on playing a full GC, then the KV1 BG is absolutely essential for the Soviet side.....
Without it, or reducing it will put you on the back foot from day one.....
Its really your only chance of making some impression on the Germans, even then with their BG's heavily loaded with all kinds of AT guns and the accurate German air support, you will find it an uphill struggle.
Don't expect too much of the T34's they go down rapidly to the massed German guns.

Let us know how you fare, the longest I have ever lasted as Soviet is to the 27th before the victory swung to German minor.

Counter attacking to recapture maps is very difficult for the Soviet side.

Cheers
Ronson

GR member Ronson1  ac 4247033

Superkala

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:45 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
CC is an historical game. Competititiveness is out of it.

It is only for brave players who accept the historical occuracy

Theres alot i would like to say to this, but will content myself with ''exaggerated hyperbole'' Smile

Quote:
If you are planning on playing a full GC, then the KV1 BG is absolutely essential for the Soviet side.....
Without it, or reducing it will put you on the back foot from day one.....
Its really your only chance of making some impression on the Germans, even then with their BG's heavily loaded with all kinds of AT guns and the accurate German air support, you will find it an uphill struggle.
Don't expect too much of the T34's they go down rapidly to the massed German guns.

Let us know how you fare, the longest I have ever lasted as Soviet is to the 27th before the victory swung to German minor.

Yeah, ive played the mod MP before, but just single scenarios, not GC. Those t-34s definitely look tougher than they are. I ussualy win as soviets but since germans will be able to come back for second and third tries at the map i expect it to be much rougher....

Superkala

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:22 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

some battles i recall from day one

mechetka woods-germans start by moving stugs toward strongpoint west, moving right into a AT gun i had setup. Only, they stopped first and destroyed it with artillery....a number of inf units are slaughtered trying to hold against the attack here. In the north a stug with infantry in the trees proceeds in the lake bed to take the creekbed VL. at this point my lone t34 remains stationed behind buildings near strongpoint north. A AT group takes up position north of the stug and it turns and begins annihilating them. t34 moves up and gets rear shot-dead stug. t34 hastily moves to a new building just as a airstrike pounds its previous location. germs proceed to send inf ntry storming toward the northern village(defended by some inf units) and the t34 resumes it position halting the attack and killing some of the inf as time expires

red barricades settlements-i place AT guns in various rubble facing were tanks must aproach and place lone t34 in the alley between the north appartment buildings. flame tank is placed near and behind central apartment building VL. AT guns promptly knock out a stug and a captured t-60 moving towards north apartment buildings and also i send t34 out which kills some squads then retreat it back to the alley as another stug arives with mortar support killing at gun. some infantry attack the building but 4 squads are to far inside for stug to help much and is repulsed. in the south my flame tank comes out to stop german attack towards store house and gets a lucky OHKO on a germ tank(t60?) then kills several squads. meanwhile the stug and more infantry continue to pound on appartment buildings to no avail, several squads going in are annihilated. stug faces north to pound units there so i rush t34 around to try a rear shot. stug rotates back, shrugs off hits, and knocks out t34....battle closes as a komandy roty unit tries to steal the lone germ VL in vain.

banny gully-t34s and t60s are setup in northern buildings and dense terrain, germs bring 6+ stugs. t34 overlooking starting deploy promptly kills a stug and another stug kills its gunner and spends the rest of the battle trying to finish off t34. in south a valiant t60 holds up stug advance somehow surviving in trees before finialy succombing(but IIRC it killed a stug also!!). t34 firing all the way from behind a building in north ruins kills another stug advancing up the slope. finaly a stug gets to the VL, and with inf support takes it and slaughters soviet inf as time expires. sometime in there i lose a t34 not sure if it killed a stug or not

stalingraski(airfield)-setup heavy AT gun in gun pit near runway, also put one on bottom left in trees near edge of map facing north. at guns setup in other fire pits and in hanger, t60 also placed in hanger. as battle starts t60 is promptly knocked out by AT guns on the wall-huge shootout proceeds as soviet at guns get the better of more exposed germ at guns. northern gunpit AT guns are annihilated but south and hanger at guns survive. stugs moving up beside wall are knocked out by south heavy AT-not sure germs even noticed that at gun, there was so much shooting going on,it recieved no fire of any kind. battle ends with germs grabbing a single VL. attempts to cross barbed wire are machingunned down.

tsaritsa woods-notable for the first use of kv-1. germans take 3 vl here and woozy and discombobulated soviets distracted by uneven terrain fail to do much, losing a number of at guns for no reason. the kv-1 setups in the woods south of a northern VL supported by at gun and smg squads. 3 panzers attempt to surrond this tank after losing 4 inf squads to it in woods. panzr from south is ko-ed by at gun. i run the kv-1 directly at the rear-flanking panzer and kill it. meanwhile the frontal attacking panzer catches up from behind and pours fire into kv-1 rear-no effect. time expires as the kv-1 turns toward remaining panzer. badly deployed soviets put up little resistance and germs rush VLs at will...

soviet high command is optimistic after a series of day1 victories though how long the insane fighting can be maintained is unknown.t34\gun losses have been lghter than expected(read:some survived?!sofar t34\gun losses are equal to stug\panzer losses). the worst defeat was losing 3 VL on tasaritsa woods

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:12 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Superkala,

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewforum&f=27 <---- that's the place for AAR Smile.

Superkala

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:14 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I was a little smashed from playing all day straight to think of thinks like proper forum placement Wink

You guys play these GCs alot?? it could kill a guy...

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> CC5 Stalingrad

Jump to: