Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1213
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Author
squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:08 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Stwa wrote:

From my perpesctive, all we a FIQURED out, is that you are a fucking troll. Go back to your cave. I know thats where your bong is stashed. Just in case Phelps comes over.

I wish I could...but I'm a CC troll...and now I can't fuckin go back to my cave 'cause they coded my cave walls solid! Now I can't find the damned cave door and find my bong! Very Happy Razz

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:14 am Post subject: Reply with quote

squadleader_id wrote:
Stwa wrote:

From my perpesctive, all we a FIQURED out, is that you are a fucking troll. Go back to your cave. I know thats where your bong is stashed. Just in case Phelps comes over.

I wish I could...but I'm a CC troll...and now I can't fuckin go back to my cave 'cause they coded my cave walls solid! Now I can't find the damned cave door and find my bong! Very Happy Razz

Well, I hope that means your leaving anyway. Thanks for all your BS perspectives. If you don't like the game, better to say so at the top of the thread. So we can just ignore you instead.

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:28 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually...IIRC people here at CCS had 'fun chats' about CCMT a few months ago...you can look up those threads if you want Smile
Sorry to waste your time with my perspectives of the version of CC you love Very Happy

Stwa

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:09 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

squadleader_id wrote:
Actually...IIRC people here at CCS had 'fun chats' about CCMT a few months ago...you can look up those threads if you want Smile
Sorry to waste your time with my perspectives of the version of CC you love Very Happy

I just don't like trolls. And you are clearly a troll. And yes, you are wasting my time. And if you are not having fun here, perhaps you can try some of the other forums. Don't let the door bang you on the a**.

For the most part, I am the only one who even posts in here. So you wanted to start something up, and you did.

For every issue you raise, there is a proper tactical response in CCMT. One thing that doesn't seem to work well, is the SOP's from other CC games and I like that.

BTW,

When your troops are pinned, try covert move (even in buildings), it works for me most of the time. If not, then all you can do is set em to ambush.

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:20 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Why so serious? Take it easy...it's only a game...even if the walls are coded as solid like the real thing Wink

Okay...I'm gonna troll the CCWAR forum now...something's brewing really good over there Very Happy

Stwa

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:23 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

squadleader_id wrote:
Why so serious? Take it easy...it's only a game...even if the walls are coded as solid like the real thing Wink

Okay...I'm gonna troll the CCWAR forum now...something's brewing really good over there Very Happy

Promise?

Therion

Rep: 27.4
votes: 4

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:15 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Stwa wrote:
And finally, for some people, being able to shoot and walk through walls is absurd as well as NOT BEING FUN.

I'd agree if it was fixed in another way than just making the walls impassible/nonshootable through.
It's a big change and such change needs to be implemented with more engine changes.

First thing - now, I can't just tell my Abrams to fire at the building. I have to fire through a window.
So, the engine would have to be able if the weapon is capable of penetrating/damaging the building and allow to attempt to fire through walls (either counting that projectiles will go through walls or hit them and damage/demolish them.

Second thing - I have tried simply destroing walls with heavy guns, but either I wasn't able to aim at the wall because of the first thing or the projectile hit the wall, left some debris but it doesn't count as a hole in a wall and can't be passed/shoot through.

Third thing - if buildings and their are becoming so important there should be more effect of fire on them than just creating a small pile of debris.

Stwa wrote:
I have never seen that at all. Moving back and forth from one end to the other before exiting, doesn't mean they are lost.

So, when you want to go through a one room house with opened doors and opened windows you're moving back and forth from one end to the other before exiting?
How it doesn't mean that they are lost?

squadleader_id wrote:
As for the "Girlie Soldiers(TM)" AI...sure this is more realistic...but for gameplay sakes...it's a pain to have to keep clicking and re-issuing orders when your troops go to ground.

So, if you think that it's more realistic, why are you calling it "Girlie Soldiers"? AFAIK most of RL soldiers are men.

Wonderland - my mod for Armored Brigade

Killing for peace is like fucking for orgasm.

Stwa

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:28 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Therion wrote:
Stwa wrote:
And finally, for some people, being able to shoot and walk through walls is absurd as well as NOT BEING FUN.

I'd agree if it was fixed in another way than just making the walls impassible/nonshootable through.
It's a big change and such change needs to be implemented with more engine changes.

First thing - now, I can't just tell my Abrams to fire at the building. I have to fire through a window.
So, the engine would have to be able if the weapon is capable of penetrating/damaging the building and allow to attempt to fire through walls (either counting that projectiles will go through walls or hit them and damage/demolish them.

Second thing - I have tried simply destroing walls with heavy guns, but either I wasn't able to aim at the wall because of the first thing or the projectile hit the wall, left some debris but it doesn't count as a hole in a wall and can't be passed/shoot through.

Third thing - if buildings and their are becoming so important there should be more effect of fire on them than just creating a small pile of debris.

Stwa wrote:
I have never seen that at all. Moving back and forth from one end to the other before exiting, doesn't mean they are lost.

So, when you want to go through a one room house with opened doors and opened windows you're moving back and forth from one end to the other before exiting?
How it doesn't mean that they are lost?

squadleader_id wrote:
As for the "Girlie Soldiers(TM)" AI...sure this is more realistic...but for gameplay sakes...it's a pain to have to keep clicking and re-issuing orders when your troops go to ground.

So, if you think that it's more realistic, why are you calling it "Girlie Soldiers"? AFAIK most of RL soldiers are men.

OK, I took out an Abrahms Cmd tank and shot a few round at a wall of a 1 story building. It created the brick rubble as expected. I ckecked the elevation of the rubble by using the right mouse button as ANZAC_Lord4war explained to us. Sure enough it said "brick rubble 0m elevation", which I take to mean you can shoot through it and walk through it? right? To be sure I moused over undamaged wall. It said "brick wall 6m elevation".

Then then tank could shoot over the rubble into the building. See screenshots. And troops could easily move into the building. Very realistic.

Generally, I think, when the troops move back and forth across a room, they are waiting for the door to clear (because a teammate is blocking the exit).
Or maybe they are just looking out all the windows to be sure things are really clear.

And, I cant remember for sure, but didn't the first version of CC4 try this solid wall thing too. It would be easy enough to check. It was changed back in the 4.01 update?

Edit: Added tank test screenshot.

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:37 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Therion wrote:

squadleader_id wrote:

Sorry...I'm not back...just peeking in Wink
Do I really have to explain the "Girlie Soldiers(TM)" again? Just do a forum search for answers Smile
BTW, although some people might argue GS(TM) AI is more realistic and actually an improvement for CC (certainly not from a gameplay perspective)...I prefer the Squadleader/ASL (the classic wargame) based/inspired psyche modeling: soldiers/teams only going to ground/aborting orders when under certain extreme circumstances (ie: leader KIA, pinned by enemy fire, taking excessive losses etc)...not everytime they're shot at or when they see enemy activity.
Therion, still not clear about the "girls" reference Wink

Therion

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:46 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Stwa wrote:
OK, I took out an Abrahms Cmd tank and shot a few round at a wall of a 1 story building. It created the brick rubble as expected. I ckecked the elevation of the rubble by using the right mouse button as ANZAC_Lord4war explained to us. Sure enough it said "brick rubble 0m elevation", which I take to mean you can shoot through it and walk through it? right? To be sure I moused over undamaged wall. It said "brick wall 6m elevation".

I have tested it again. It's impossible to target walls - when I try to target walls, I get "no line of fire". The only way to fire at "walls" is to fire at windows, which is pointless.

Stwa

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:54 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Therion wrote:
Stwa wrote:

I have tested it again. It's impossible to target walls - when I try to target walls, I get "no line of fire". The only way to fire at "walls" is to fire at windows, which is pointless.

No, me and my kid have been sitting here testing all morning. And its just persnickity. But it is possible. We even re-installed the game to make sure we had the original elements file. Worst case, you can start at the edge of a door or window and widen it as you go along, but we found that is not always necessary. Maybe you have found some buildings that can't, but we have found plenty of them that can.

Stwa

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:52 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

We switched to a new map. Here are some more screenies. Sometimes you just need the right angle.

Stwa

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:23 pm Post subject: Blowing Holes Through Walls For Dummies. Reply with quote

Try firing at the ground to breech the wall seems to work as well. Fire a few shots at the ground and eventually wood debris will form. Then aim the next few shots at the wall itself.

Therion

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:42 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Forked tongue? What? Dude, I'm not going to talk to you until you'll learn better manners.

Stwa

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:43 pm Post subject: Blowing Holes Through Walls for Dummies Reply with quote

Sometimes it does depend on the structure. This CC3 style structure gets its wall blown out and then Yahooooo!

Stwa

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:56 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Therion wrote:
Forked tongue? What? Dude, I'm not going to talk to you until you'll learn better manners.

I dont blame ya. I'm sure you have lost interest in the topic.

Therion

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:09 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, here's my test. Of course no one should believe it because it's obvious that it's fabricated:

UO0328.jpg
 Description:
01. The wall blocks line of sight.
 Filesize:  340.05 KB
 Viewed:  7852 Time(s)

UO0328.jpg

UO0332.jpg
 Description:
02. 15 120mm heat rounds later. The wall is still there.
 Filesize:  341.16 KB
 Viewed:  7852 Time(s)

UO0332.jpg

UO0333.jpg
 Description:
03. Infantry inspects a miraculous wall.
 Filesize:  342.59 KB
 Viewed:  7866 Time(s)

UO0333.jpg

Last edited by Therion on Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Therion

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:18 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuck, wrong image. Why can't I edit or delete my posts?

Anyway:

UO0356.jpg
 Description:
Oh, I see, I needed to get a right angle (to aim through the window).
 Filesize:  343.66 KB
 Viewed:  7856 Time(s)

UO0356.jpg

UO0355.jpg
 Description:
04. Another wall, still standing among the rubble.
 Filesize:  343.56 KB

UO0355.jpg

UO0329.jpg
 Description:
01. A wall.
 Filesize:  337.8 KB

UO0329.jpg

Stwa

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:18 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe your test. Really what I think is going on, is, I can target wall areas that are adjacent to doors and windows, probably because the coded element overlaps to the wall area.

But once I have breeched the wall I can generally keep going down the wall blowing it all out along the way.

At any rate, its too difficult to set up and perform, as it takes too much time to acquire a good shot. Even though it is possible. The ground firing test also "worked" but you had to shoot many times to breech the wall and then its still not clear to me if troops are running over the brick wall debris or simply through a window or door element that once was there.

Also, we did find structures where we could not get any shot on the wall. And my guess is those did not have windows and doors on that part of the wall.

Regards,

Stwa

Therion

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:27 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I have still problems with areas adjacent to doors and windows - that's how I got debris in the test. So far, I've seen one (in 10 or more that I've shot at before) building where a fragment of wall really disappeared, so it's possible that it's some kind of map-coding problem.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Modern Tactics
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to: