Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1213
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Author
CC_CO

Rep: 32.1
votes: 3

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:46 am Post subject: Re: TRSM Dima - Stalky GC Reply with quote

Thanks Stalky. Ok to copy paste the lot.

Thx in regard to the AAR. My opponent haven't any real interest in contributing to it, like your guys are doing, making your AAR really interesting.

AT_Stalky

Rep: 27.4
votes: 10

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:13 pm Post subject: Re: TRSM Dima - Stalky GC Reply with quote

The fight continues.
We are fighting over the top left VL. Dima is out of supply so his dreaded Panthers are immobile bunkers.. The end result was sort of ok for UK, though Germans controls a narrow strip up there. If Germans placing the troops in that narrow strip in next round, will make em vulnerable.  
16th 6AM. Map Abbay. I./12 SS vs UK 149/49 Infantry BG

Fighting in City’s vs Dima.. This is painfull. I often fall short of even reaching my most limited objectives. I let the images explain.
16th 6AM, map Caen. 902 Lehr vs 8/3 UK BG

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Lingevres, the last time Germans have 100% fuel. The next time they are a bit less mobile. I sort of expected a German last offensive, probably trying to kick my infantry BG of. I selected much AT, and deployed so rearranging the defence would run smooth. Dima assaulted, and tried to kick me of. Germans lost 1 IV, one 251 HT, and a AC(23x). I lost a 6 pdr, and a TD.
16th 6AM, map Lingevres. 130/Lehr vs 146/49 infantry BG.

CC_CO

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:44 pm Post subject: Re: TRSM Dima - Stalky GC Reply with quote

Thanks Stalky.

Seems like Dima could perhaps kick you out of Lingevres next turn, or perhaps even move his now cut off BG to Tilly Sur Seulles. If he decide for the ladder, and he still keep a BG in Brettevillle, will most of your spear of BGs be cut off?

Like this?

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:42 pm Post subject: Re: TRSM Dima - Stalky GC Reply with quote

He tried to kick me of 2 times already at Lingevres, and both times he had fuel, now he has not.

Moving to Tilly is an option, the problem is that he’s even more cut of from fuel there (see image), and panzer BGs without fuel are rather ineffective. They can be efficient at defence at large open maps even without fuel, but there attack ability is just lost.  
Staying at the present map, he owns more or less the whole map, and even without fuel he can be effective defending the map, and just lose a bit at the time.

-->A) Moving to tilly he’s in that little box, with tanks standing still, and must reach the south left VL and hold it.. Against a quality UK BG that I have at Tilly, that also has a town to hug onto. B) And at the same time he must first get another BG to Cristot (he will, in 2 rounds), C) and then kick my BG of at Cristot (how long does that take?)…

As he move to Tilly he also open up fuel to Hottot and my BG there, making it more effective.
Summery: He may cut of 2 of my “ok” BGs with that move, but at the same time allow fuel to another of my cut of BGs 2-1=1. But at the same time calculate how much of 130 Lehrs value is lost when cutting that of even further, and enter a map in such a small aria, compare to 130 situation at Lingevres map.

My bet though, is that he gives it 1-2 rounds to kick me of at Hottot, my 131/7 BG is not that powerfull, and he has a HQ BG there ready to do that job, success brings back fuel to his 130 Lehr...
He may try to do it at Juvigny, but my poss there is much better, and against my  higher quality BG 69/50 thats a harder but though doeble job. If success he may consider moving the 130 to tilly and he "only" has to reach the right side VL to have fuel.

Well see..

tilly question.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  258.75 KB
 Viewed:  9274 Time(s)

tilly question.jpg

CC_CO

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:08 pm Post subject: Re: TRSM Dima - Stalky GC Reply with quote

True words, he probably wont do that. I just thought that if his BG is already has been cut off, why not try to cut some of your BGs off too, while he still has the VL to do that?

On the other hand, trying to push you off Lingevres, if he can do it, opens up several options, and I guess, somehow force you to attack Lingevres again.

I wasn't aware that Tilly Sur Seulles, still would be useful as a supply map for your forces, should he move onto it next turn; that he has to capture the VL down in the left bottom of Tilly, in order to practically cut off, some of your BGs in the spear.

The more I think of it, the more i think your right, he probably wont try option-Tilly. Cutting off your spear, he will have to do so from Bretteville. However, his force there is also cut off, so your spear actually seems quite secure.

--
I think your bet sounds possible. If he can take Hottot then, yes, the situation is different. What is the tactical view of Hottot? How much ground do you have there now?

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:37 am Post subject: Re: TRSM Dima - Stalky GC Reply with quote

Quote:
He tried to kick me of 2 times already at Lingevres, and both times he had fuel, now he has not.

I didn't try to kick you off Lingevres after you moved that inf BG Wink.

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:15 am Post subject: Re: TRSM Dima - Stalky GC Reply with quote

Dima wrote (View Post):
Quote:

I didn't try to kick you off Lingevres after you moved that inf BG Wink.

That may be true.
BUT, sins I moved in the inf BG the initiative on Lingevres has been entirely on the German side. That may change, with the lack of fuel... In last game, You was very close grabbing the last VL and thus...

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:30 am Post subject: Re: TRSM Dima - Stalky GC Reply with quote

CC_CO wrote (View Post):
 I think your bet sounds possible. If he can take Hottot then, yes, the situation is different. What is the tactical view of Hottot? How much ground do you have there now?

Hi CC CO

I believe Dima will try crush me at Hottot, he’s awful when he command his SS boys. My position there is a bit… not that good. Me and my men will fight for our life, they also know they must stay a tleast 2 rounds or 3 to stop fuel to 130 Lehr so the plans I have there can materialize. My men have been issued superglue.. See if that will be enough. And after one battle im low on ammo and fuel.
Odds,,, is...

At Juvigny, half map is neutral, I have some Tanks, and the men are rested. This will be a battle of speed and movement.. The chance that Germans clear this map, and let fuel flow through here (if 130 /Lehr move to tilly) is bleak.. Though I know Dima can do much damage..

/S

hottotjuvigny.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  139.71 KB
 Viewed:  9262 Time(s)

hottotjuvigny.jpg

CC_CO

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:40 am Post subject: Re: TRSM Dima - Stalky GC Reply with quote

Thanks Stalky.

I agree Hottot could be a tough one, just to stay alive there. On the other hand, both flanks of the Hottot entry area are fine for defending. Juvigny looks like a race for both sides, or a potential German attempt, to try and push off the entire UK entry area, from round-start, before you can cross the river.  

Then again, you clearly are a really strong player, so even though it in theory, could be possible for Dima, to literally blast his way through your entire left flank on Juvigny, while simultaneously having sight on the river-line, to stop / halt you crossing it, you still have player skills that should not be underestimated.

LoneRebel

Rep: 9.8

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:04 pm Post subject: Re: TRSM Dima - Stalky GC Reply with quote

Whoa, this is still going!

What a pleasant surprise! Keep it up! I want to see this GC through to the end. *thumbs up*

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:30 pm Post subject: Re: TRSM Dima - Stalky GC Reply with quote

TX men.

Okay, we have run some more battles.
16th 6 AM Hottot, I.25/12 SS vs 131/7

So the speculations over what Dima would do against my road block at Hottot is over..
He chose to kick me of here. The fuel is again flowing to his 130/Lehr BG..    This was painfull..  
I try have spome more AAR out in a few..

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:52 pm Post subject: Re: TRSM Dima - Stalky GC Reply with quote

The images are heavy…

16th 6 AM, Map Juvigny. 901/Lehr vs UK 69/50
((The images marked 3B, 3C & 3D should probabley be 6B, 6C & 6D))

Keeping the Speed is the key to winning here. Take a defencive pos at the enter, and move fast securing lanes of LOS..

Last edited by AT_Stalky on Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:34 pm; edited 2 times in total

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:48 pm Post subject: Re: TRSM Dima - Stalky GC Reply with quote

Okay,
This fight was on Tourville 16 th 6AM , it was not a fight, UK redrew. Ge moved forward according to arrows, and then we truce.

N 16th 6am00toureville (kopia).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  163.58 KB
 Viewed:  9404 Time(s)

N 16th 6am00toureville (kopia).jpg

Last edited by AT_Stalky on Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:03 pm; edited 2 times in total

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:15 pm Post subject: Re: TRSM Dima - Stalky GC Reply with quote

16 th 6AM  Map Carpiquet. II.25/12 SS vs 8/3 UK

Uploaded with ImageShack.us.

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:02 pm Post subject: Re: TRSM Dima - Stalky GC Reply with quote

If you look at the little end game battle result map a bow to the right (airfield map).

Things changed rather dramatically last battle on the airfield map.

Any one have any guesses what the 1) UK plans are for next battle and 2) what are the Ge plans for next battle?

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:04 pm Post subject: Re: TRSM Dima - Stalky GC Reply with quote

I will spread out the post in this thread to make the pages less heavy to load as the images is a bit to large.. The post will just have some "..." in em..

Last edited by AT_Stalky on Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:53 pm Post subject: Re: TRSM Dima - Stalky GC Reply with quote

16 th 6AM  Map Cagny. II.12/12 SS vs 9/3 UK
Uk are out of supplyes. One tank was moving the ARVE.
UK BG here is a road block to stop fuel and ammo to Steel mill.  UK BG is really worn down.. After battle, the GE BG has 10 IV left in the FP.

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:14 pm Post subject: Re: TRSM Dima - Stalky GC Reply with quote

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:17 pm Post subject: Re: TRSM Dima - Stalky GC Reply with quote

16 th 6AM  Map Troarn. 125/21 vs 5/6 UK
Seems, Germans are to kick UK..

Uploaded with . ImageShack.us
Very intenced battle..

Last edited by AT_Stalky on Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:05 pm Post subject: Re: TRSM Dima - Stalky GC Reply with quote

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess -> H2H Multiplayer
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Jump to: