Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1213
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Digs

Rep: 56.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:40 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

The rankmod doesn't work properly with anything, it's really buggy. Rolling Eyes

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:02 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Digs wrote:
The rankmod doesn't work properly with anything, it's really buggy. Rolling Eyes

The rank mod changes graphics in the gadget files...so of course it only works for the specific mod it was designed for Smile
What was it designed for? GJS 4.4?

Digs

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:46 am Post subject: Reply with quote

The rankmod made for Regular CC5 and GJS v4.4, both are buggy. Does it not cause problems with BoS?.

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:51 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Digs wrote:
The rankmod made for Regular CC5 and GJS v4.4, both are buggy. Does it not cause problems with BoS?.

The rankmod should not be used for other mods other than regular CC5 and GJS44 then.
Like I said before...the rankmod replaces rank graphics and soldier attributes graphics in the gadget files. This cannot be done via a simple Plugin using the config manager...as it's basically a complete new gadget file (ScrnGadg.gdg, not sure about GameGadg.gdg) with the customized rank graphics and attributes.
If you use the rankmod for other mods...then the gadget files for that mod would definitely be messed up Smile

For other mods to use something similar to this rank mod...you'd have to manually customize the gadget files themselves using gadgetmunger or RTBTool.

As for BoS45...I'm incorporating the rank "numbers" from the mod...customized for BoS45 gadgets...but not using the attributes numbers (too many numbers on the screen! Very Happy )

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:01 am Post subject: Reply with quote

karlmortar wrote:
Not sure if these are bugs associated to your mod, but lets have a lookie:

The RM Centaur's turret is misplaced. Its supposed to be closer to the driver's hatch, not in the middle.

Hmm...tanks with turrets positioned off center (not in the middle) can cause problems in CC5. The turret rotation animation should be okay...but when the turret is placed somewhat to the front or back of the chassis...you'll end up with jerky tank animation when moving. The turret will stay in place while moving while the chassis jerks forwards and back.
Anyone ever found a workaround for this? Maybe a formula for maximum shift allowed of the turret from the chassis center?

Digs

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:11 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to clear this up Squadleader_id. It was Mochoho who was talking about it not working with TRSM v0.97, not myself. Wink

I've tried the rankmod's for which they were intended for. It messes\mix's up the weapon icons. Firing effects come out sideways, amongst other things I can't remember. :lol3

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:29 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hmm...tanks with turrets positioned off center (not in the middle) can cause problems in CC5. The turret rotation animation should be okay...but when the turret is placed somewhat to the front or back of the chassis...you'll end up with jerky tank animation when moving. The turret will stay in place while moving while the chassis jerks forwards and back.

not really, and for sure not in this case Smile.

Quote:
Anyone ever found a workaround for this? Maybe a formula for maximum shift allowed of the turret from the chassis center?

never seen such.

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:23 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Dima wrote:
Quote:

not really, and for sure not in this case Smile.

Quote:

never seen such.

Well it happens...just try messing about with the X, Y turret settings Wink

Digs

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:21 am Post subject: Reply with quote

What the hell? I didn't start this new post, I only replied in the v0.97 bug post by Dima!?.

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:26 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Take it easy, Digs...forum mods just branched out this into a new thread Wink

Digs

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:32 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply, this is the second time it's happened in two days. I wasn't sure what was going on; this is new.

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:17 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe rankmod only works with regular CC5 5.01. It has been incorperated into other mod plugins also.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

CSO_Linebacker

Rep: 5.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:31 am Post subject: Reply with quote

The hull hotpoint...which controls the location of the turret...can be anywhere, and does not, that I have ever seen really effect the movement. Where-ever the hull hotpoint is, that is what the exe moves. I've made plenty of vehicles with off-center hotpopints and the only real issues that result from hotpoints that are in exxagerated locations to the front, back, left or right, are:

the vehicle may look strange when making turns...because its' access of rotation is that hull hotpoint.

if they are custom vehicles, the shadows can get screwed up and adjustments would need to be made to make them line up.

Other than that, I have never seen any real problems. Heck most of Atomic's stock vehicles are an even number in width, meaning that the hotpoint will never be in the center of the hull.

'If it does not have a gun, it cannot be fun'

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:19 am Post subject: Reply with quote

My experience with making trucks with AA MG turrets located at the back of the vehicle...when moving the truck chassis will jump position like the truck is making hops Smile

Edit: Although not exact center...most vehicles have turrets near the middle of the chassis. But turrets extremely shifted to the back or front are the problem.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Total Realism Sub Mod

Jump to: