Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1222
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Author
VonVolks

Rep: 6.6

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:35 pm Post subject: WAR Stability Reply with quote

One of the main reasons I would  buy WAR is as a base for future mod H2h fighting. I have an ongoing WWII campaign, from France 1940, through to destination Berlin, via many mods.

The question is does war make H2H play more stable, IE less crashes on truce, less freezes mid game, no more 0 second crashes, fewer display card problems.

If so its definitely worth while!

Also any idea on how easy mod porting is and will much porting get done?
Is there a list of whats already ported somewhere? Or what is in the process of being ported?

My Gamer Blog

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:10 am Post subject: Reply with quote

WAR is definitely more stable than CC5, as the bugs you use to see H2H should all be fixed....

Pzt_Kevin_dtn

Rep: 10.9

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:23 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I am playing Pzt_Serk h2h and we're about 42 battles into a GC. We have had about 8 crashes, most mid battle but one at 00.00. Probably 5 of the eight crashes have occured on one map, Meyerode, where we have two Armor BG's battling it out.

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:14 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Pzt_Kevin_dtn

Could you attach your saved game file so we can check if there is anything amiss.... or makbe you have had connection probs.

I'll also check meyerode for any problems there.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:54 am Post subject: Re: WAR Stability Reply with quote

VonVolks wrote:
One of the main reasons I would buy WAR is as a base for future mod H2h fighting. I have an ongoing WWII campaign, from France 1940, through to destination Berlin, via many mods.

The question is does war make H2H play more stable, IE less crashes on truce, less freezes mid game, no more 0 second crashes, fewer display card problems.

Is there a list of whats already ported somewhere? Or what is in the process of being ported?

I think they are a few mods being converted, but theres not much info about how serious the attempt is or how far along they are.

After reading up on WaR it would appear its more stable H2H but will still crash on occaision.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:10 am Post subject: Reply with quote

mooxe wrote:
VonVolks wrote:
One of the main reasons I would buy WAR is as a base for future mod H2h fighting. I have an ongoing WWII campaign, from France 1940, through to destination Berlin, via many mods.

I think they are a few mods being converted, but theres not much info about how serious the attempt is or how far along they are.

After reading up on WaR it would appear its more stable H2H but will still crash on occaision.

Well, the BoS45 demo CCWAR port is practically done...just need to fine tune some graphics (additional rank and medals slots now available in CCWAR) and also while at it fine tune the data files. I'm just waiting for the official CCWAR patch before releasing it.
Of course...the BoS45 demo doesn't need or have a Stratmap. No full CC5 mods ports to CCWAR will be available anytime soon without a StratEdit replacement tool. Converting a CC5 mod stratmap manually (graphics and those 'user friendly' txt X,Y coordinates)? Definitely time consuming and not fun! Very Happy

lemon42

Rep: 4.8

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:59 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

So far I had one crash to desktop with the latest beta patch. Other then that it runs great in single player.
I can't say anything about the H2H stabilty.

With the given mod structure I would assume that more mods will be converted because WaR seeems much more stable then CC5 and has all the features of CC 5 or am I wrong ?

The only thing which is needed is a strat map editor if I'm not wrong.

Nomada_Firefox

Rep: 32.9
votes: 9

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:53 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

lemon42 wrote:

With the given mod structure I would assume that more mods will be converted because WaR seeems much more stable then CC5 and has all the features of CC 5 or am I wrong ?

If I make some conversiones, it is because the AI is better and on WAR we can edit all the things that we want. The stability is a good point but I do not see it as the most important.
Quote:

The only thing which is needed is a strat map editor if I'm not wrong.

Yes. Or one very good guide but with a editor, conversion would can be made on few days.

"Nada escapa a mis dominios".
Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site
(Only www.FirefoxCCMods.com is a English web site).

CSO_Linebacker

Rep: 5.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:38 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Stratmap conversion only takes a couple of days as is (I'm down to about 8-9 hours total now)...a tool would make it only take a couple of hours.

As far as stability, I have yet to have a crash in about 50 H2H battles

'If it does not have a gun, it cannot be fun'

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:59 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

CSO_Linebacker wrote:
Stratmap conversion only takes a couple of days as is (I'm down to about 8-9 hours total now)...a tool would make it only take a couple of hours.

But you have advantage, you know how can be it made and we do not know nothing, we need discover all. By the moment we can not know how many time a tool can take if there is not a tool for WAR, no?

Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site

CSO_Linebacker

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:44 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Nomada_Firefox wrote:

But you have advantage, you know how can be it made and we do not know nothing, we need discover all. By the moment we can not know how many time a tool can take if there is not a tool for WAR, no?

6 months ago I was in the same position as you. Some gadget files and a stratmap.txt with a bunch of numbers on it and that's it. No instructions on how to change things, or what those numbers meant, etc. 2 weeks later I had a working WaR prelimenary stratmap

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:06 am Post subject: Reply with quote

CSO_Linebacker wrote:
Nomada_Firefox wrote:

6 months ago I was in the same position as you. Some gadget files and a stratmap.txt with a bunch of numbers on it and that's it. No instructions on how to change things, or what those numbers meant, etc. 2 weeks later I had a working WaR prelimenary stratmap

Hmm...you S3T guys had to do it the hard way...or else...and I applaud the effort!
As for me (and probably other modders)...I think I'll wait for a StratEdit replacement tool before tackling on new StratMaps or trying to convert old CC5 Stratmaps Wink
Is a tool like StratEdit in the works at all?
I'm thinking Mafi's RtBTool might be very suitable for a CCWAR StratEdit module...Mafi has been amazing with very quick support adding some new RtBTool modules for CCWAR since the release.

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:55 am Post subject: Reply with quote

CSO_Linebacker wrote:
Nomada_Firefox wrote:

And I payed by your work and I would like that all people who likes CC buy the game.. But I´m not you on this moment because nobody go to pay by my work and probably I go to waste my free time on it. I´m sure that you know the difference. Wink

About the work, on this moment, I know what is all the numbers and all the other things but with it.........

I have not too time. And of course, I would like one strat tool for WAR. I´m sure that Mafi can make it and he has all my support.

Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site

CSO_Linebacker

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:18 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I apologize for the tone of that last post...long frustrating day. If I can somehow find time between real life, other S3T projects and sleep, I will try and finish up that stratmap walkthrough. No guarantees when that might be.

In the meantime, anyone who wants what I have put together to date feel free to PM me and leave your email address.

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2
votes: 25

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:54 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not just upload it to this forum?
I would like to have a look at it.

CSO_Talorgan

Rep: 72.5

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:18 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

CSO_Linebacker wrote:

Is there a "HowTo" in the works or are people holding out for a tool?

Pzt_Kevin_dtn

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:07 am Post subject: Reply with quote

schrecken wrote:
Pzt_Kevin_dtn

Could you attach your saved game file so we can check if there is anything amiss.... or makbe you have had connection probs.

I'll also check meyerode for any problems there.

Attached is the war file. Note that we have since each loaded the Beta patch and have played about 4-5 battles with the patch. The very first game was terribly slow and eventually crashed (It was Meyerode again) but since then the last 4 battles have had no performance issues.

Ive taken the liberty of attaching the pre-beta patch file (Serk043)
and
the post-beta patch file (Serk048)

Again we've had about 7-8 crashes and 4-5 of them have occured on Meyerode.

Thanks for your help. We are very much enjoying the GC and I am very pleased with WaR. That should count for something coming from a CC fanatic.

Serk043.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Serk043.rar
 Filesize:  101.35 KB
 Downloaded:  317 Time(s)

serk048.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  serk048.rar
 Filesize:  102.68 KB
 Downloaded:  308 Time(s)

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:24 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
game was terribly slow and eventually crashed

You are both on broadband?

same city/state/country?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Pzt_Kevin_dtn

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:35 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

schrecken wrote:
Quote:
game was terribly slow and eventually crashed

You are both on broadband?

same city/state/country?

We are both broadband.
Speaking for myself I have cable. State of Tennessee US. I think Serk is in Quebec, Canada.

Again we've played 48 battles now and with the exception of the 8 crashes, they run very smoothly. I am not aware of an connection problems. Anytime I have dropped I have always been online in GS or MSN still and have access to the internet.

VonVolks

Rep: 6.6

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:47 am Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah CC crashes are very often connection based, as the game freezes or grinds, whilst MSN etc still run fine

In fact often in CC chat still works whilst the game has stopped (ie clock no longer ticking down)

My Gamer Blog

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Wacht am Rhein
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to: