Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1221
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Author
Xcrunner173

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:23 pm Post subject: Close Combat Zombie Mod? Reply with quote

I was wondering if anyone with programming experience could make a zombie mod for close combat: modern tactics. There could be some serious strategy to holding a perimeter against waves of the undead. Just a thought.

CSO_Sbufkle

Rep: 32.2
votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:02 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

A rough one could be made.. no question,,,

Theyd have to be equipped strictly with modified and very effective mellee weapon (redo the weapon file) youd also have to equip them with very good protection, so tough to kill.. and even probably tone down effectiveness of the non zombie weapons as compensation.

Redo a sound file for them with moans and groans...

A big problem is they still would still move like regular soldiers.

How long woudl the playability be for this though really?? Mind you I am the one who made the Gilligans Island, Jethro and Louisiana Swamp Jamboree mods for CC3! Wink

Xcrunner173

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:25 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have programming experience to make a mod, but would like to find someone who could. There could be some serious replayability. If you have ever read World War Z by Max Brooks or played zombie mode on Call of Duty: World at War, you might see the point slightly.

You could have objectives, like evacuating people on apc's or on foot, clearing out infested areas, defending fortresses from zombie waves, and leading a massive military retreat while calling in fire support on a merciless horde. You could even redo snipers and make a farmhouse with a small band of individuals fighting in a Night of the Living Dead mission. This would definitely be a unique mod.

Lastly, think of the fun of multiplayer. There could be a tactical doctrine for using zombies in an assualt.

flick

Rep: 17.6

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:23 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Max brooks is a genius.

You'd have to have a small map, with limited ammo, otherwise you'll run circles around them.

Xcrunner173

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:52 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone reading this knows how to make mods and makes a zombie mod, then they will earn my gratitude.

ANZAC_Tack

Rep: 22.3

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:46 am Post subject: Reply with quote

who's been playind CoD WaW, when u finish the grand campaign, there is a bonus game,"german zombies' the blond guys are really fast! grab ur mauser as head shots are the best 'rekills'

espree de corp

CSO_Sbufkle

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:28 am Post subject: Reply with quote

COD WAR is "Nazi Zombies" and its a blast!!

Its not tough to make the what I outlined, but I dont have, nor am I the slightest interesteed in getting MT. I could do this for CC3 or CC5...

Your talking abvout, with trial and erro maybe a couple of hpours of work for the data change to achieve this.. you simply add a few small maps and mae as many scenarios as you want.. its not tough at all.

Consider how few mods there are for MT and youll see the old supply and demand answer, not many modders because its not a popular version of the game.

Xcrunner173

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:25 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I might buy cc5, but all I have is that and cc2. Is there any place that will teach me how to make mods? I have zero programming experience.

Vman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:55 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always wanted a Starship Troopers scenario and have discussed it over a year ago on another CC forum, but I think it's impossible to model with the current hardcoded limitations of the CC engine. As far as I know, it's impossible to make a unit 'fearless' so you zombies will pretty much always drop for cover in the middle of an assault or break and panic - which is quite un-zombie like.

Though I could be mistaken.

CSO_Sbufkle

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:18 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Xcrunner173 wrote:
I might buy cc5, but all I have is that and cc2. Is there any place that will teach me how to make mods? I have zero programming experience.

I have a couple of partially finished mods for CC2 and CC5.

CC2 may be easier to do because you work around the strat map with a guided series (you make a sector just for it!!)

Actually I have an interesting idea about a CC5 version.... PM me... I think you have planted a seed.

southern_land

Rep: 155.2
votes: 14

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:19 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Sumint like dis? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-KQh87_V2Q

Xcrunner173

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:13 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

If someone could help me I would be interested in making a mod. I have some military training coming up and won't be able to work on it for a while, but would like to when I get back. If someone would help with programming, I could invent a campaign. Battlemaker would be fun too, pitting tanks or whatever you want against the undead.

CSO_Sbufkle

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:34 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Xcrunner173 wrote:
If someone could help me I would be interested in making a mod. I have some military training coming up and won't be able to work on it for a while, but would like to when I get back. If someone would help with programming, I could invent a campaign. Battlemaker would be fun too, pitting tanks or whatever you want against the undead.

I was in Ottawa at hockey tourney last weekend.. took soem free time in hotel to tinker with some CC3 data in attempt to make asimple test in CC3 to see how AI woudl handle Zombies.

Ill pop this into Cc3 this weke and see what happens. I know you want CC5 mod, it thew CC3 engine handles it well, CC5 will as well..

Heres what I did....

1-Made an extra weapon 'Zombie Melee' Its a super stroang melee...

2-Made a single base zombie 'soldier', Zombies protection is increased alot.. so hes harder to kill.. they are German side for test

3-I toned down 4 weapons, less effectiveness less range that Ill equip a team of Russians on.

4-I will choose a map with alot of buildings.. less open LOS will mean the Zombies can ambush more.

My fear is even with better equipped protection and less effective weapons against them, the Zombies wont be able to do much as they wont be able to get in close enough to melee...

I made a couple of spalsh screens, graphoics always inspire me a bit more.. the idea the russians walk into a town where German doctors experimented and you have Herr Zombies sounded tacky enough....

I will let you knwo how it goes....

CSO_Sbufkle

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:38 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Capcom will sue my ass.....

111.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  141.55 KB
 Viewed:  11845 Time(s)

111.jpg

CSO_Sbufkle

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:03 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Heres a couple of things to throw out there

To balance any clitches in game performance:

Make the non zombie teams only 2 or 3 soldiers, while the zombies are larger.. AGAIN, only if theres a big non balance.

Im thinking how much fun it woudl be PLAYING AS THE ZOMBIES.

Obviously limited if any armour or arty to balance things.....

For CC5 small maps only and the entire map is a small town joined together. I have doen this before with projects of mine. I am willing to make all the maps if soemone else codes them. Small town heavy maps is in theory soemthign that could make the fight more balanced or perhaps in the favour of bigger units on the zombie side.

Oh... Ill keep them coming

Xcrunner173

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:18 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

THANK YOU! i really want to play a mod like that, just have to get through basic training first. would the mod allow for custom battles? I think that that and a campaign would make it interesting.

How can I gain access to the game for modding though? I would really like to be able to learn how to make mods. I only have cc2 and ccmt, but am going to buy cc3 and cc5 to try that mod. sounds really fun so far.

Lastly, custom maps could be made. a shopping mall map would be ironic, or defending a bridge against zombies.

It will be fun to have a zombie tactical doctrine.

Xcrunner173

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:35 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I just found out how much cc3 and cc5 cost, and it was a little over $50. cc3 was $60 something, practically extortion. I might still buy cc3 just because of your mod. I do have cc2 though, and am attempting to mod it.

Where can I find the files that you used to change weapon and melee effectiveness? Also, can I use a paint application to change the look of my soldiers? Thanks.

CSO_Sbufkle

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:11 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Xcrunner173 wrote:
I just found out how much cc3 and cc5 cost, and it was a little over $50. cc3 was $60 something, practically extortion. I might still buy cc3 just because of your mod. I do have cc2 though, and am attempting to mod it.

Where can I find the files that you used to change weapon and melee effectiveness? Also, can I use a paint application to change the look of my soldiers? Thanks.

qclone can change data but wait let me experiment first. There is also a very easy to use program for soldier color, I forget the name. I'm off to hockey right now but I'll be back on later.

CSO_Sbufkle

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:10 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Im testing V1 of the zombies tonight.

Basic stuff: VARIABLES

Zombie Melee added to weapons

Zombie replaces German Inf team, all equipped with Zombie Melee only

Using small City map, more cover and crannies means better chance zombies dont get cut down in long LOS

I figure Ill need to modify the zombie protection and make the weapons that will be used agaisnt them weaker. But before I do that Im simply going to take teams of only 2 or 3 soliders in RR (Russian side) and see how they do at this basic step.

Ill let you know how it goes.

Xcrunner173

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:57 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds good so far. leave for basic training on wednesday, so will have to spend 8 weeks wondering how the mod is.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Jump to: